Regent website

I just logged onto the Regent website, and there is nothing for booked cruises! Will Regent still have all the details (excursions, dinner reservation, hotel, etc.)? Hopefully it is just a glitch! If not, I will not be happy!:mad:

I just logged onto the Regent website, and there is nothing for booked cruises! Will Regent still have all the details (excursions, dinner reservation, hotel, etc.)? Hopefully it is just a glitch! If not, I will not be happy!:mad:

Have you entered your booked cruises? You need to enter your booking number before they show up.

Also that's why you should always print out the page after you book anything-just in case you need it to supply Regent with what you had confirmed. This happened once on "O", e-mailed them a copy and within a day dining was restated in the record. You never know these days if the system goes down.

The Regent website is like many these days, full of great graphics and decent flow from page to page, coded by artistic designers, but sorely lacking in actual function created by the programmers.

We have booked the Explorer for a December cruise to the eastern Caribbean (first time on Regent) through a TA, after doing HA and NCL to see if we liked cruising). After the booking I went to complete the Guest Registration Form. It locked up and refused to allow any changes and now when I attempt to see it, it comes back with a "programmer type" error message"of "Index is outside of the bounds of the array".

Having taught programming back when dirt was young, I know what this means. I called Regent and the nice young lady said they were aware of the issue, but their programmers cannot find what is causing the error. What??? They need to clean house in their IT department if they cannot find a simple coding error like that. Interactions of webpages with the database where the information is stored are complex but not unique and are well documented.

I had also tried to amend my wife's profile and it would not allow any changes to hers either. Regent said that my profile "was awaiting approval" and I could not change hers until mine was approved. How could hers then be approved since mine could not be because I couldn't complete it? There is no mention of any approval process on the site. It has been over a week now and both of our profiles are still locked, but at least now they show as completed.

When I told the young lady that for a company that marketed and priced their service as "high end, all inclusive cruising" this was making me have second thoughts about Regent, since if they cannot make their website function which is their public face, what can we expect on board?

She said that Regent will be rebuilding their website "this year". That's good news, but only if they get someone who knows what they are doing (and tests it before going live). And "this year" leaves eight months from now of customer frustration on who knows how many cruises, assuming the redesign comes in on time.

After reading the CC board posts about Regent, it seems that people dislike the included air process (we booked our own) but love the on board experience. I hope that is the same with us or we will be searching out other options for our travel.

SS//

Regent.

Cruises=good.

Website=not so much.

Bill pretty much sums it up.

I've found that Regent's consideration of what defines a 5 star experience only includes what happens on the ship. Your pre-cruise before you board and excursion experience while you're off the ship, doesn't seem to enter the equation.

So far that hasn't kept us from booking another cruise while onboard.

Bill pretty much sums it up.

I've found that Regent's consideration of what defines a 5 star experience only includes what happens on the ship. Your pre-cruise before you board and excursion experience while you're off the ship, doesn't seem to enter the equation.

So far that hasn't kept us from booking another cruise while onboard.

I feel the same way. We have taken one Regent cruise. The pre-cruise experience was mediocre at best. But loved the cruise itself. We are thinking about booking another soon.

"Index is outside of the bounds of the array".

SpockSail, for what it's worth, I'm getting the exact same message. Our last cruise with Regent was over 4 years ago, but I can't get into the Guest Registration Form to make sure everything is correct. It says that the registration is "complete." It may be complete, but I'd sure like to see it!

SpockSail, don't want to take this thread off topic but want to respond to your comment about Regent air. If you spend the money ($175/person) to "deviate" using Regent air can be a great experience. Depending upon the itinerary, they use wonderful airlines - British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, etc. When you are able to select your flight 270 days in advance of your cruise, it is a good thing.

In terms of the website, I read that the website was being redone this quarter of 2017 so problems with the existing website might not be fixed as they work on the new website. I

TravelCat2:

We are flying from San Francisco to Miami and I am going to be a competitor in an event in FL before the cruise, so we would have had to pay the deviation fee anyway. With not paying the $175/pp deviation fee, the $ back from Regent for not using their air, the ability to select the carrier and upgrade for more seat room and the low cost of picking flights and seats this far out from our travel date, our best choice was to book the air ourselves.

A friend who does a great deal of cruising on Regent and recommend them to us said he is very happy with Regent's air choices when he takes cruises that require international flights.

If we like the Regent experience, our next cruise will probably begin and end outside the CONUS so we will let Regent do the air and see how we like that. Hopefully by then their website will be functioning correctly.

[RANT] IMHO, there is NO excuse for a major company to make a site live or altering an existing live site before the programmers have thoroughly "exercised" it, selecting all of the possible screen options with both expected and unexpected inputs and testing the interface with dummy copy of their database to assure they understand how it is altering the data. Usually, the error handling code is many times larger than the actual core of the program so coding shops skimp on the error handling to push the product out the door, with expected poor customer experience.

The person in charge of this for Regent needs to get it right this time, or the CEO should assure that that person is looking for another job. I could go on, but it would only be to vent as this kind of thing is a major pet peeve of mine. [/RANT]

SpockSail2,

I "get it" now. We book our air within the U.S. for the same reasons. you do. Although, due to our Seven Seas Society status, we now get included deviation, however, we always paid for deviations in the past. Being able to book 270 days prior to the cruise gives many more options for flights and airlines than Regent will be able to secure 75-90 days before the cruise. Regent contracts limit the number of seats on each flight which we found caused the sometimes poor flights that came up when we did to deviate (hope that made sense).

In terms of Regent's website, my experience has been that websites go live before they are ready to (Bill and some others may disagree with me). To take a recent example, Cruise Critic went live and it took about a month to sort out all of the difficulties (compatibility with different devices and operating systems seemed to be the main issue for CC). I'm honesty not looking forward to the new website as it will likely present another set of challenges.

P.S. Just checked "My Bookings" on the Regent website and they were all there. This could have to do with your computer, your booking or ??? Give Regent a call tomorrow and ask them what is going on with your booking.

The forms show as completed, but when I try to look at them, I still get the same error. This was after calling Regent and having the rep check to see if the forms are "approved".

Oh well.....at least we are booked.