Unassigned guarantees and luggage

I sail on Sunday on the Allure. I am booked in an inside guarantee (Cat Z). I have not been assigned yet. Assuming I am not assigned before check in, how does the luggage work if I do not know what room to put on the tags? How do my bags find me?

Thanks!

Jess

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sail on Sunday on the Allure. I am booked in an inside guarantee (Cat Z). I have not been assigned yet. Assuming I am not assigned before check in, how does the luggage work if I do not know what room to put on the tags? How do my bags find me?

Thanks!

Jess

The porters will have a manifest and can make tags for your assigned stateroom.

What Bob said and... you may still get the assignment I had a recent guarantee ( and the ship was oversold ) and I received the assignment the day prior to sailing. They offered a switch to a few passengers and had a cabin for us. I was not able to print luggage tags but were able to get them from the porters.

Good luck

M

What Bob said and... you may still get the assignment I had a recent guarantee ( and the ship was oversold ) and I received the assignment the day prior to sailing. They offered a switch to a few passengers and had a cabin for us. I was not able to print luggage tags but were able to get them from the porters.

Good luck

M

Thanks! GA is for an interior so the only expectation I have is I will have an interior and likely not find out where it is until we check in. Anything earlier than that or a different type of stateroom is gravy :) When calling C&A about something else yesterday they indicated based on room changes that day that it looked like they were working on upgrades and assignments and I should probably get it by Wednesday. At one point yesterday there were only 11 cabins showing as available and they were all balconies. Ship now shows sold out.

Thanks! GA is for an interior so the only expectation I have is I will have an interior and likely not find out where it is until we check in. Anything earlier than that or a different type of stateroom is gravy :) When calling C&A about something else yesterday they indicated based on room changes that day that it looked like they were working on upgrades and assignments and I should probably get it by Wednesday. At one point yesterday there were only 11 cabins showing as available and they were all balconies. Ship now shows sold out.

Interesting, keep us updated on when and how you get the assignment. I called today about guarantee we have booked. They had no update at all regarding when they might assign a cabin. A little nerve racking... :D

Interesting, keep us updated on when and how you get the assignment. I called today about guarantee we have booked. They had no update at all regarding when they might assign a cabin. A little nerve racking... :D

I'm with you......we booked 3 guarantee cabin, 2 balconies which have been assigned for quite a few weeks now, but the interior still has not been assigned....I've been reading a lot on here about getting "booted", which would be awful since we already have the other 2 cabins set.....how wouls I tell my kids...sorry no cruise for you :o 30 days to go and I keep checking daily......

I booked an interior guarantee on Friday night (4/21) for the 4/30 sailing on Allure and the RC rep on the phone said it was the last one available. After we booked it, the option for interior guarantee disappeared from the online reservation portal, but balconies were still available.

Don't have my assignment yet.

I booked an interior guarantee on Friday night (4/21) for the 4/30 sailing on Allure and the RC rep on the phone said it was the last one available. After we booked it, the option for interior guarantee disappeared from the online reservation portal, but balconies were still available.

Don't have my assignment yet.

We booked ours on 4/21 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm with you......we booked 3 guarantee cabin, 2 balconies which have been assigned for quite a few weeks now, but the interior still has not been assigned....I've been reading a lot on here about getting "booted", which would be awful since we already have the other 2 cabins set.....how wouls I tell my kids...sorry no cruise for you :o 30 days to go and I keep checking daily......

I have been reading those too but it seems when you filter through it, there were very few real issues. I am sure some folks who have no travel and are retired are asked to switch and it is not a big deal. Others like garavar (sp?) was moved to an inside cabin and sailed at no charge (he got credited his fair for a suite guarantee). For us it would be a VERY big deal if there was no cabin.

Just wanted to report back that I got my assignment today and had them reissue the cruise docs so I should be able to print my tags, assuming they get them refreshed before 2AM when I have to leave.

BTW I ended up with a Central Park Balcony in a pretty good location on Deck 11. I am happy with that! I am looking forward to trying Giovanni's table! I had booked an interior guarantee so I would say that is a pretty nice upgrade!

Just wanted to report back that I got my assignment today and had them reissue the cruise docs so I should be able to print my tags, assuming they get them refreshed before 2AM when I have to leave.

BTW I ended up with a Central Park Balcony in a pretty good location on Deck 11. I am happy with that! I am looking forward to trying Giovanni's table! I had booked an interior guarantee so I would say that is a pretty nice upgrade!

WOOHOO ! Nice outcome. Congratulations !

Nice upgrade! Congratulations. During the evening hours there is usually some pleasant musical entertainment in Central Park which makes it nice if you sit out on your balcony.

Nice one Congrats!!!

We got a central park balcony too! (Deck 14)