Edinburgh Tattoo - Tickets On Sale

calmac

Sorry, I should have posted the link yesterday.

http://www.edintattoo.co.uk/

There is a link on the left to tickets.

Maybe this year I'll get round to buying tickets to take our son to see the tattoo. :rolleyes: I've been twice and also had the opportunity to watch from a private flat overlooking the Castle's Esplanade. Well worth going to see if you haven't already done so.

Thanks, calmac!

Unfortunately, it looks like no Saturday shows are available for sale at all, which is a bit of a disappointment. Rather wrecks the idea of going to the Tattoo on a weekend trip - will have to take at least a day off work now to get there. Grr.

Thanks, calmac!

Unfortunately, it looks like no Saturday shows are available for sale at all, which is a bit of a disappointment. Rather wrecks the idea of going to the Tattoo on a weekend trip - will have to take at least a day off work now to get there. Grr.

Weekday or weekend it's still a grand event.

I wonder why they don't have Saturday shows.

We really enjoyed it. Actually, I had never heard of it prior to planning one of our cruises and then started to read about it on Cruise Critic and I am thrilled that we attended. We lucked out with wonderful weather as well.

Keith

Weekday or weekend it's still a grand event.

I wonder why they don't have Saturday shows.

There are two shows on Saturdays, the later one with a fireworks display (although you can see that for free from just about anywhere in central Edinburgh). But they're all already marked Sold Out and they don't appear on the list of shows for online booking.

And there are no Sunday shows at all.

So now we have to see whether we can take a day off work to come to Edinburgh on a Friday, or forego the Tattoo again.

Is it a sign of getting older? The tickets seem to go on sale earlier every year. I am sure 3 years ago I bought tickets January or February!

Thanks to Calmac's reminder I logged on to the website to buy 6 tickets. I did manage that but there was not a fantastic amount of options.

If you are thinking about attending- buy now!

ps I know I should not say this but if anyone buys tickets and later discovers they cannot make it for any reason, they will have no problem selling the tickets on.

There are two shows on Saturdays, the later one with a fireworks display (although you can see that for free from just about anywhere in central Edinburgh). But they're all already marked Sold Out and they don't appear on the list of shows for online booking.
All Friday shows are now sold out as well. Grr. :mad:

All Friday shows are now sold out as well. Grr. :mad:

There are thousands of tickets for the Friday and Saturday shows. Only problem is you will need to book at least one nights accomodation. A lot of the Agencies get tickets for selling packages inc of one or two nights stay, again problem is they know how to charge for a two night package including a ticket

if u are going to edinburgh during this time u just have to go see the tattoo it is so good. its deff. a not to miss but check the england ticketmaster or what ever sells the tickets. I loved it, still have the seat we rented thought it was ours to keep. great soveiner

if u are going to edinburgh during this time u just have to go see the tattoo it is so good. its deff. a not to miss but check the england ticketmaster or what ever sells the tickets. I loved it, still have the seat we rented thought it was ours to keep. great soveiner

I know you do not mean any harm, but oh dear I have to laugh. England ticketmaster indeed. No Ticketmaster do not sell tickets for the tattoo. and I am sure that if you have seen the tattoo you will know that Edinburgh is in Scotland and there are plenty outlets in Scotland selling tickets you do not have to go to England.

For anyone who is cruising to Edinburgh, check out your ship's excursions as they usually have a block of tickets reserved for the night that they are in town - Granted, you will pay dearly for these tickets, but it is an option of the other ticket sites say that they are sold out for the night that you are in town.

We got to see the Tattoo and loved it, although it has been a long time since I've been that cold! We thought we were prepared - HA! Dress warmly and don't forget a hat! Would do it again in a heart beat though!

Charlie

There are thousands of tickets for the Friday and Saturday shows. Only problem is you will need to book at least one nights accomodation. A lot of the Agencies get tickets for selling packages inc of one or two nights stay, again problem is they know how to charge for a two night package including a ticket
No doubt. I've already seen one agency asking for £77 for a £25 face value ticket.

Nope - we may still come for a weekend in August, but only to go to Fringe shows.

No doubt. I've already seen one agency asking for £77 for a £25 face value ticket.

Nope - we may still come for a weekend in August, but only to go to Fringe shows.

I agree it is diabolic, but it seems to be the way business is conducted nowadays. As long as the Tattoo organisers get the tickets sold they don't care who gets them or what they sell them on for. Its funny how financial services are regulated to the hilt yet other businesses get away with exploitation.

For those on cruiseships, there will be tickets available as a shore excursion. I'd advise you to book as SOON as they become available for your specific cruise. Our Princess cruise had availability for a couple of bus loads for Tattoo......but there were certainly many more aboard who were too late to get a ticket.

I really enjoyed the Tattoo. And I was glad to learn about it last year here on CC... about its history and significance and early enough to grab a ticket as soon as the shore excursions came online.

For anyone who is visiting Edinburgh and area between Friday 1st August and Saturday 23rd August 2008 and is interested in going to the Edinburgh Tattoo - the tickets are now on sale online.

.....get them now......they will sell out fast...;)

Archived