Online Check-in?

rose102798

Did the online check-in process change recently? I just tried to complete it for our 6/13/15 cruise and there is a message that states you can not do it until 90 days out. I recall being able to do online check-in much earlier than that. Hmmmm?

Did the online check-in process change recently? I just tried to complete it for our 6/13/15 cruise and there is a message that states you can not do it until 90 days out. I recall being able to do online check-in much earlier than that. Hmmmm?

It might be a glitch in the system or it might me something new. No one seems to know. Everyone seems to be getting that message now.

C&A has said it is a glitch in the system.

I called a few days ago and there is a problem which is affecting the Online Checkin. Thank goodness I filled ours out before this message appeared. Everything is showing complete but I do like to go in and recheck my information from time to time.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I called a few days ago and there is a problem which is affecting the Online Checkin. Thank goodness I filled ours out before this message appeared. Everything is showing complete but I do like to go in and recheck my information from time to time.

It seemed really weird to me because I had already started filling it out months ago and now it says "not started". Guess maybe it wiped out what I already completed??

So I guess my next question is . . . if you call a rep will they book your excursions, specialty dinners, etc. for you?

Yes, as long as those items are open for booking on your cruise, you can book over the phone.

It seemed really weird to me because I had already started filling it out months ago and now it says "not started". Guess maybe it wiped out what I already completed??

Well, I also started filling out ours months ago (for May 2015) and it's still showing "In Progress" (I know I can't complete it until after final payment). So.... yet another RCI IT head-scratcher. :confused:

Edited by joepeka

Well, I also started filling out ours months ago (for May 2015) and it's still showing "In Progress" (I know I can't complete it until after final payment). So.... yet another RCI IT head-scratcher. :confused:

Right? I stopped and waited to make final payment and book flights (that just opened 12/17) now I have to wait longer. 😞

You can complete your on-line check in at any time but you can't print it until final payment has been made and then you have up to 3 days prior to departure to do that.

You can complete your on-line check in at any time but you can't print it until final payment has been made and then you have up to 3 days prior to departure to do that.

That's the way its supposed to work but that is not what is happening right now. It is happening as everyone above has elaborated. I started and completed everything but passport info and now I can't get back in to update and get the message about "90" days. RIght now I can't even access my reservation so perhaps a fix is being implemented.

That explains a lot. I thought I was losing it. Last week DW checked our January reservation and said it wasn't started. I swore that it was done. Now I know. :o

Right.... finishing the online check-in (to me) means printing it and the status showing "Completed" on the reservation. ;) Unlike some others have noted here (who started theirs months ago), mine still says "In Progress", not "Not Yet Started". I'll just consider myself lucky this time.

You can still book excursions, as it will let me go in and look our tours over but just unable to recheck what I have entered on my Online checkin. As I mentioned, I completed mine months ago and shows complete so hopefully nothing is lost. Will keep checking.

Snorkleboy I went back and able to get into our Reservations alright. I hope when the time comes, I will be able to print out our Set Sail Pass.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

So I called this morning and the rep told me that is the new way. You can not complete online check-in before 90 days out.

Makes no sense to me because I can pay for excursions, drink packages, spa visits, etc. -- but I can't check-in for the cruise that I am booking these things for and I can't book dining (Giovanni's). It's not logical.:confused: