Sailing on the Jade

Ken Greco

Has anyone sailed on the Jade? We are thinking of a European cruise out of Venice in 2014 to the Greek islands. We have only been on RCCL and Carnival ships.

We did 14 days on the Jade Greek Islands, Turkey and Croatia. Great ship no complaints but we are pro NCLer's. This cruise is one our most memorable

We've also been on the ship when it was Pride of Hawaii.

Has anyone sailed on the Jade? We are thinking of a European cruise out of Venice in 2014 to the Greek islands. We have only been on RCCL and Carnival ships.

We've taken 2 cruises on the Jade. Going on another one this year.

Like the ship/staff and itineraries.

My first NCL and Med cruise was on the Jade in Jan 2011. Embarked from Barcelona and went to Rome, Ephesus, Athens, Istanbul (overnight) and Malta. It was supposed to have overnighted at Alexandria, Egypt instead of Istanbul, but all heck broke loose in Egypt 2 days before, so the Captain made an announcement that we would go to Istanbul instead. It was a great choice. I think that you will enjoy the Jade.

Sailing on jade tomorrow, can't wait sat in our hotel bedroom in venice now writing this. This will be our first ncl cruise . And looking forward so much. Will write about every thing you need to know as we go along.

We did your proposed cruise last year and it was fantastic! I cannot compare it to the other cruise lines, however, my wife and I had a great time. Just spectacular - go and enjoy!!! The Greek isles were breathtaking, no need for NCL excursions, and very relaxing - loved every minute of it. Our favorite out of five cruises.

My first NCL and Med cruise was on the Jade in Jan 2011. Embarked from Barcelona and went to Rome, Ephesus, Athens, Istanbul (overnight) and Malta. It was supposed to have overnighted at Alexandria, Egypt instead of Istanbul, but all heck broke loose in Egypt 2 days before, so the Captain made an announcement that we would go to Istanbul instead. It was a great choice. I think that you will enjoy the Jade.

We took the same cruise at the beginning of the month that you went. Spent the overnight in Alexandria. Shortly after returning home, demonstrations, etc. in Egypt. Happy we were able to go to Alexandria as it was one place we hadn't visited on previous trips to Egypt. Since you were unable to go there, Istanbul was definitely a great alternative. We've been there. I wouldn't mind at all going back.

I agree about the Jade. Very nice ship.

I sailed last year on the Jade - it is very inexpensive- the cabins with balconies are very nice - the food is mediocre at best. but for the money, it was a good deal. service was pleasant.

We are looking forward to our fourth cruise on the Jade in April. It is the "Goldilocks" ship for us: not too big, not too small, but just right.

The last two times we've had the privilege of sailing with literally the best cruise director ever, Gary Glading, who sets the standard for every other cruise director. Totally amazing. We're on the Jade's new itinerary but I'm sure you'll enjoy the Greek Islands one. We did that on the Gem, one of the sister ships, a few years ago.

We are looking forward to our fourth cruise on the Jade in April. It is the "Goldilocks" ship for us: not too big, not too small, but just right.

The last two times we've had the privilege of sailing with literally the best cruise director ever, Gary Glading, who sets the standard for every other cruise director. Totally amazing. We're on the Jade's new itinerary but I'm sure you'll enjoy the Greek Islands one. We did that on the Gem, one of the sister ships, a few years ago.

I agree. Jade is just right. We're sailing December on same itinerary as you will in April. Looking forward to it, too.

Yes, Gary is great. He was CD both times we were on Jade. Hopefully he'll be there again in December.

• 6 months later...

I've been on the Jade once in 2011, and twice in 2012. I'd hope to book her next month but she's been commissioned as housing during the Olympic games I hear, so I'm on the Spirit. I've info on my Jade trips in my blog. She's one of my faves of the fleet, her quirky decor is quite appealing to me. :)

We are taking the Jade in July to the Greek Isles now!!

So excited - what side of the ship has the best views coming into the islands and also for Venice?

Thanks!!

It's unlikely that you are only taking the cruise for the views into Venice, but you might want to take a peek at this thread in the Italian Ports forum.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1961804

It appears as if the port the ship goes into is changing.