Pearl cruise canceled 10/20/2014

skyeman27

Any info on who chartered it and if tickets for that charter would be available? I was looking at booking that cruise or the following.

Sixthman seems to use it almost exclusively for their music charters now...(three cruises in a row this fall)

I'd check the sixthman website for updates.

Bill

I'm sorry to hear that. :( We considered booking that cruise, but changed our dates shortly before we called NCL because I realized that the KISS Kruise is happening during that span of dates this year (we thought about booking it) so I worried about it being chartered sometime during the dates for that cruise next year. I hope you're able to find another cruise to take as a replacement.

Wow...that worked out well for you...if you are fixed on sailing the Gem in 2014, you might check SixthMan's website for 2013 to help you guess which weeks might be blocked out....expect more charters in 2014

I have always avoided the Pearl for this very reason but booked this one because it was the first run of the new ports.

They were very good about it this time though giving very advanced notice. They sent out an email on the 19th to those who booked directly with NCL and have a dedicated phone line and rep to rebook at the same guaranteed rate you originally paid plus $50 or $100 OBC. $50 if you picked the same cruise at a later date with the guaranteed rate or $100 if you picked a different ship at the current rate.

I thought I still had the email but I cant seem to find it...anyway...I called the dedicated line (1-877-461-1160) that day and rebooked for the same trip just a few weeks later, Nov 10-20. They were sold out of BD that I was in (originally 8022) so they gave me 9046, a BC just 2 fwd of being in the midship range, and $50 OBC. Considering I only paid for an oceanview to begin with months ago during an upgrade promotion I made out pretty well.

Your TA is a bit behind the times since that cruise was cancelled on June 17th. I was also on that one and was rebooked on the November 10th sailing with OBC and an upgrade the very day it was cancelled.

Actually meant the 19th but it wont let me edit for some reason...

Your TA is a bit behind the times since that cruise was cancelled on June 17th. I was also on that one and was rebooked on the November 10th sailing with OBC and an upgrade the very day it was cancelled.

You are wrong about my TA being behind the times. I was away and retrieved the info from my answer machine. TA got me upgraded from an inside to a oceanview, plus the OBC on 11/10/14 sailing

I really hate to hear this because I have booked the Pearl for January 2015. I was hoping that since this will be their only ship doing the 10/11 day Southern itinerary, that none of the 10/11 day cruises would be canceled for charters. Now that I hear they have given this one up, I am sure they will not hesitate one bit to cancel the ones scheduled in January and February. Time will tell, but I would rather know sooner than later because this is my time slot for vacation and would want to book another Southern Route with another line before the best rooms are all taken.

Edit to add: Why is this cruise still available to book on NCL if it has been canceled?

Wow...that worked out well for you...if you are fixed on sailing the Gem in 2014, you might check SixthMan's website for 2013 to help you guess which weeks might be blocked out....expect more charters in 2014

Just spoke with a NCL rep and was told the cruise is chartered by Sixthman and is canceled, also do not see the 10/20/2014 cruise for 10 nights listed for bookings at several sites that I checked...

Just spoke with a NCL rep and was told the cruise is chartered by Sixthman and is canceled, also do not see the 10/20/2014 cruise for 10 nights listed for bookings at several sites that I checked...

Awesome new's :) Thank you.

We are booked for the 32 day repo from Vancouver to Miami, was starting to get concerned. :(

I did a dummy booking this morning for the Pearl 32 day, and it still show's it available .

Based upon a survey I received from SixthMan, they are gauging interest in putting together a string of 4-5 day full charter music theme cruises which will feature up and coming artists from a wide variety of music styles probably launching in the fall of 2014 (in addition to those charters already on their website). These cruises will focus on beach days (private island) and not ports . This might mean more cancellations of the Gem's regular sailings. The good news is that they will give ample notice to guests who have booked more than 1 year out.

NCL's acquisition of SixthMan's Production and dedicating the Gem to this project is a very smart business move and I bet Carnival and Royal Caribbean will soon follow NCL's lead

Awesome new's :) Thank you.

We are booked for the 32 day repo from Vancouver to Miami, was starting to get concerned. :(

I did a dummy booking this morning for the Pearl 32 day, and it still show's it available .

You might want to call cause I was told my 27 day cruise from la was cancelled completely

I really hate to hear this because I have booked the Pearl for January 2015. I was hoping that since this will be their only ship doing the 10/11 day Southern itinerary, that none of the 10/11 day cruises would be canceled for charters.

This was my thoughts to. I am booked on the Sun for her 11 day Southern this November. In 2015, I have to go to a college graduation in Miami. Well, yeah I am soo not driving down there w/o a cruise (21 hours each way!) :p

I was really hoping for a 10 day Southern to be able to work with, would happily do an 11 day also though. When I saw they switched the Pearl to these cruises I was well, worried about it for charter reasons. I guess we can only wait and see. From what it sounds like and NCL buying Sixthman maybe we will have a much better scheduling and knowledge of these things years in advance now I hope!

We are on that one....11/10/2014

......celebrating our 35th anniversary w/about 30 of our friends & relatives............they better NOT cancel that one...HA HA

Archived