Question re: gratutities and a gripe!

JannoWilliamstown

Our cruise includes free gratutities. Will I feel like a heel at the end of my cruise by not putting money in the provided envelope? Or should I rest assured that the various staff who have served me will get their due share of the gratuitites pool? On a completley different note, I also would like to suggest that there is no need for 2 copies of the beautifully presented Oceania cruise information to be sent to a married couple. One book per cabin is sufficient; it's friendlier to trees and possibly a cost saver.

Our cruise includes free gratutities. Will I feel like a heel at the end of my cruise by not putting money in the provided envelope? Or should I rest assured that the various staff who have served me will get their due share of the gratuitites pool? On a completley different note, I also would like to suggest that there is no need for 2 copies of the beautifully presented Oceania cruise information to be sent to a married couple. One book per cabin is sufficient; it's friendlier to trees and possibly a cost saver.

There are no provided envelopes on Oceania since you always pay the fixed gratuities except when they are included in your cruise price. You can always tip additionally those that have given you great service especially the room attendants and butler if you have one.

I'm guessing that the duplicated cruise info brochure is an exception....I'm "living in sin" with my partner' date=' albeit at the same address, & we've never had two copies....[/quote']

We always have two copies one for my wife and one for me so not an exception for us either.

We only get one booklet with both our names on it. There are also luggage tags for both of us in the back of the brochure.

As to tipping, if you need them Reception is happy to provide small envelopes for you use however we have never tipped above the automatic gratuity except for perhaps one or two people and we have just given them the money.

Sorry I must have misunderstood the "booklet" part

do you mean the cruise planner?

Does your wife use a different name? maybe that is why if not I am stumped why you would get 2 cruise planners

The brochures are a different story

We used to get one in each name then sometimes one in my name & sometime it was in DH name

now it comes addressed to mr & mrs

I do wish they would give up on the sale brochures though, by the time you get them things have changed with the availability

Let those interested in the promotions sign up for the email alerts

JMO

While I am wishing:D

It would also be nice if you could opt -out of the sale flyers but still get the main brochures &/or email promotions

Lyn

You know those little blank notecards we all get from various non-profits & charities? I gets dozens of them every year. Most of them have very nice fronts ... I always brings a handful of them with me on a cruise to use for the extra tips & other note writing as needed. I assume that the gratuities paid to the cruise line go where they are supposed to.

Thanks everyone for all your input. I have worked out that perhaps the reason both my husband and I get 2 cruise vacation guides (each with our name separately) is that our surnames are different. That said, it should be pretty obvious to O that when the guides are prepared and sent, our addresses and contact details are the same etc. Never mind, I think enough has been said and as I'm leaving tomorrow for my cruise, I won't be able to read anymore of your comments. Best wishes, Jan

You know those little blank notecards we all get from various non-profits & charities? I gets dozens of them every year. Most of them have very nice fronts ... I always brings a handful of them with me on a cruise to use for the extra tips & other note writing as needed. I assume that the gratuities paid to the cruise line go where they are supposed to.

Archived