Dry Dock schedule

JMHAM1

It seems that some know when the upcoming dry docks are to be scheduled and if it is a major or minor one. Is there a schedule out there somewhere?

I had a bad experience on CCL sailing the week before a major dry dock. I read on a recent post that the Dawn was due for a dry dock in 2016 and we have a trip on Dawn booked in early 2016.

If there is a website, that would be great!!

I spoke to ncl about week ago ncl gem dry dock and her dry dock is for end of October and beginning on November 2014 just call ncl and the will give the information

If someone at NCL just told you the Gem is in drydock in Oct./Nov. 2014 they had no idea of what they were talking about. That was originally scheduled drydock, but it was ultimately postponed to 2015, and NCL added new cruises to fill in the previously open 2014 dates.

The moral of the story is that you can't rely on what NCL customer service tells you. Unfortunately they are poorly trained and ill informed . Don't call them and expect to get a correct answer.

Edited by njhorseman

If someone at NCL just told you the Gem is in drydock in Oct./Nov. 2014 they had no idea of what they were talking about. That was originally scheduled drydock, but it was ultimately postponed to 2015, and NCL added new cruises to fill in the previously open 2014 dates.

The moral of the story is that you can't rely on what NCL customer service tells you. Unfortunately they are poorly trained and ill informed . Don't call them and expect to get a correct answer.

Hi, If you go to the NCL Main Page, look around, and under "Enhancements" you will see when the Gem is scheduled. It shows 2015 with no date certain. It was going to be Nov. 2014, but....it changed, just like the smoking policy....

Hope this helps. I'm sure we'll have a great time if we don't "inspect to close"....

safe sails.:)

Hi, If you go to the NCL Main Page, look around, and under "Enhancements" you will see when the Gem is scheduled. It shows 2015 with no date certain. It was going to be Nov. 2014, but....it changed, just like the smoking policy....

Hope this helps. I'm sure we'll have a great time if we don't "inspect to close"....

safe sails.:)

Go to this page and scroll down to SHIP REVITALIZATION

http://www.ncl.com/next

Edited by dinek1

They're not likely to fix something that ain't broke.. jus' sayin' :p

It doesn't bother me either way. I am comfortable with my spouse and last time we stayed in the Haven. But you guys are really going to be coy and pretend there weren't an excessive number of complaints about the bathroom configurations? I know I didn't just make up all the complaints I've read on this board in my head.

Edited by cruisecritiquer

It doesn't bother me either way. I am comfortable with my spouse and last time we stayed in the Haven. But you guys are really going to be coy and pretend there weren't an excessive number of complaints about the bathroom configurations? I know I didn't just make up all the complaints I've read on this board in my head.

No, no, I totally agree with you, was not trying to be coy at all. There were a lot of complaints about the BR setup. I guess I just never understood many of them b/c we found it so convenient and yes, we're very comfortable with each other as well.

I guess, in a way, NCL is attempting to "fix" that problem by moving the Epic to Europe. The French, and most Europeans, have a different outlook on this type of thing so maybe it will solve the problem.

Happy cruising.

But you guys are really going to be coy and pretend there weren't an excessive number of complaints about the bathroom configurations? I know I didn't just make up all the complaints I've read on this board in my head.

Just like with food, the bathroom setup is a matter of opinion. Just because somebody complains, one can't say that there would be something to fix with the situation as long as there are people that are perfectly happy with it.

In this case there have been people complaining that their fantasies about their family members* never getting naked or having bodily functions are ruined for life - but - there have also been a lot of people here saying that they don't feel that there is anything fundamentally wrong with the idea of separate stalls.

*) I can understand complaints in situations of for example work colleagues sharing a cabin - but those kind of complaints have been a very small minority here.

Just like with food, the bathroom setup is a matter of opinion. Just because somebody complains, one can't say that there would be something to fix with the situation as long as there are people that are perfectly happy with it.

In this case there have been people complaining that their fantasies about their family members* never getting naked or having bodily functions are ruined for life - but - there have also been a lot of people here saying that they don't feel that there is anything fundamentally wrong with the idea of separate stalls.

*) I can understand complaints in situations of for example work colleagues sharing a cabin - but those kind of complaints have been a very small minority here.

It was a flippant comment said in jest. I guess I need to be more careful about what I post. :)

Edited by cruisecritiquer