Diamond Lounge vs. Concierge Lounge

artvlay

We are D+ and will be going on Brilliance in a few weeks. What is the difference between the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge? Is one more crowded than the other or do they offer different things? Do they have a place for a sit down breakfast anywhere for Diamond Plus?

Thank you

We are D+ and will be going on Brilliance in a few weeks. What is the difference between the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge? Is one more crowded than the other or do they offer different things? Do they have a place for a sit down breakfast anywhere for Diamond Plus?

Thank you

On Brilliance, the Concierge and Diamond lounges will have the same perks. Each lounge will have continental breakfast for a couple of hours in the morning.

We sailed in April of this year, and our breakfast for Diamond Plus was served in Chops Grill every morning, during the same hours as breakfast in the dining room. Enjoy. We had cocktails in the Diamond Lounge for the extra room and the view, also because we enjoy Willy as our Diamond Concierge.

On Brilliance, the Concierge and Diamond lounges will have the same perks. Each lounge will have continental breakfast for a couple of hours in the morning.

In addition to the concierge and diamond lounges on Brilliance (both located on Deck 13), on the April eastbound transatlantic cruise, Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and suite guests were invited to a special breakfast held each morning in Chops. Pancakes, waffles, and eggs cooked to order were among the items on the menu.:)

We sailed in April of this year, and our breakfast for Diamond Plus was served in Chops Grill every morning, during the same hours as breakfast in the dining room. Enjoy. We had cocktails in the Diamond Lounge for the extra room and the view, also because we enjoy Willy as our Diamond Concierge.

Is the breakfast in Chops better than the main dining room breakfast? If so, how is it better?

Is the breakfast in Chops better than the main dining room breakfast? If so, how is it better?

We usually avoid the main dining room for breakfast since past experience has shown it to offer especially slow service and the portion control police seemed to feel that the proper amount of scrambled eggs was an ice cream scoop portion. Getting a second helping of toast or pastries usually involved tracking down a server who was often in another area of the dining room when I wanted his or her assistance. Service in Chops was much more attentive and while the menu was more limited than what is offered in the MDR, it was more than sufficient to meet our needs and clearly cooked to order. If the Chops breakfast were not available I would revert to my usual practice of having breakfast in the Windjammer, where I can get anything and everything I want and in portions that I desire.

We usually avoid the main dining room for breakfast since past experience has shown it to offer especially slow service and the portion control police seemed to feel that the proper amount of scrambled eggs was an ice cream scoop portion. Getting a second helping of toast or pastries usually involved tracking down a server who was often in another area of the dining room when I wanted his or her assistance. Service in Chops was much more attentive and while the menu was more limited than what is offered in the MDR, it was more than sufficient to meet our needs and clearly cooked to order. If the Chops breakfast were not available I would revert to my usual practice of having breakfast in the Windjammer, where I can get anything and everything I want and in portions that I desire.

I love your description of breakfast in the main dining room. Thank you

So on radiance class ships, does one have better view /layout?

Dl vs cl.

On all but Jewel, the CL and DL are both up in Viking Crown, so both have pretty good views.

Jewel does not yet have a DL.

Thank you

The Diamond Club is strangely shaped and has far fewer seats than the CL. It does expand into the night club area when there is an overflow situation.

The Concierge Lounge was formerly the Hollywood Odyssey bar and has not changed much. It is quite large and has a very nice outside deck area with a half dozen or so tables. We preferred the CL. Hope you have a great cruise!!!

The CL is lovely on Brilliance. Bright and light with lots of Windows. Nicely laid out - We had Willy and he was great! On our Canada cruise, it was never crowded at all. Had hot appetizers every evening from 5ish to 8ish and a great specialty coffee machine available to guests 24/7.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

I would say that one of the biggest advantages to being D+ is that you have a choice...sometimes DL is better and others CL is better. Not because of the view or the drinks but the atmosphere and vibe.

We recently did a B2B on the Radiance and on the way up to Alaska we spent most nights in the DL but on the way back the atmosphere was off...so we spent those 7 nights in the CL. BTW Rosario the CL barman on Radiance is amazing! We also enjoyed JD's jokes and stories...

I find on this class of ship (Radiance Class) because the CL has a built in bar, service is better. The DL shares the Viking Crown Lounge bar and its bar staff and sometimes service can be slow.

The view is better from the DL its a forward looking view as opposed to a side view in the CL.

Again its nice to have a choice!

Edited by robandana

It is my understanding that Diamond, Diamond+ and Pinnacle level guests have access to the Diamond Lounge, correct?

Who gets access to the Concierge Lounge?

D+, Pinnacle, and full suite guests.