Clothes to wear on excursions

davebailey123

Rain forest excursion at st lucia can anybody tell me if shorts are fine to wear or is it better to wear long trousers thinking about the creepy crawlies

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Shorts definitely. Easier to get rid of the leeches. :'):')

Mossies mainly operate around twilight onwards. If you take Quinine it modifies your natural scent and makes you less attractive to them. It is contained in Indian Tonic Water but not Tonic Water and Irn Bru. Small Schweppes Indian Tonic Water cans are sold at on board bars for £1. It also helps with night cramps by the way.

Regards John

Mossies mainly operate around twilight onwards. If you take Quinine it modifies your natural scent and makes you less attractive to them. It is contained in Indian Tonic Water but not Tonic Water and Irn Bru. Small Schweppes Indian Tonic Water cans are sold at on board bars for £1. It also helps with night cramps by the way.

Regards John

And gives you an excuse for a gin or two! :D

If mozzies love you (and they lurve me!), I would definitely recommend wearing long trousers and maybe trainers. Once on a river excursion, I received 43 bites on both legs from the knee down. They were hideous especially when they 'broke open' (sorry!). I had to wear black linen trousers during the next week of the holiday as they looked really unsightly. Have learnt not to risk it.

When we did the rain forest in Costa Rica I wore really lightweight white loose trousers, and covered my self in anti mozzie spray. I usually get bitten so didn't want to take the risk, I didn't feel out of place or silly, better than spending the rest of the cruise hiding bites under long dresses, or trousers in your case Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rain forest excursion at st lucia can anybody tell me if shorts are fine to wear or is it better to wear long trousers thinking about the creepy crawlies

plus plenty of high power mossie spray

We werent bothered by mozzies in the rain forest (although for the whole 2 week holiday i was eaten alive ) .One point , its not called a rain forest for nothing , you might find you need a poncho in case of sudden downpours , and downpour is an understatement

Thanks thats what i thought wife says we will look daft in long trousers but i really want to go on a rain forest trip i would say most people will dress sensible

Firstly - who cares what you look like and it won't be daft anyway. Secondly I'm not so sure about most people dressing sensibly. I recently went on a short ranger-led bush walk in Australia to see wild kangaroos and emus - I was in trousers and walking shoes, some ladies were in skirts and flipflops!!