Aventura Mall Plus Size

Nami

I need advice and I think this forum might be the right place. I’m going to visit Aventura Mall pre cruise. Can you recommend where to find plus size clothes? I need casual holiday clothes and also something for formal nights. I’m not a teenager anymore and my budget doesn’t allow luxury stores. My size is 20.

Oh head on out to Sawgrass Mall. Second largest mall in America and if you don't find what you want there probably not in any store. For myself, (same statistics as you if your 20 is 20W plus size) I head to Broward Mall about 2 miles from Sawgrass where there is a wonderful Dillard's store with almost a whole floor of plus size women's clothes. All ranges of price from pretty low for house brands (very reliable and usually well made for T-shirts/casual pants/office wear) and a good to great dress section and then the top brands (check the clearance racks). This is my go to store and probably 50% of my wardrobe comes from this store which is within 2 miles of my daughter's house. Plantation/Davie/Ft. Lauderdale area for this store but there are Dillards all over South Florida. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

If I recall correctly, Adventura is upscale area and likely the mall has more costly than bargain type shopping. I haven't done a google search to see a list of the stores but think the Dillard's suggestion very good.

Hope you find what you are looking for. :)

Thanks all. I visited Dillard's and Macy's websites and liked both of them. Looks fine for my style and budget. Unfortunately Dillard's is not in Aventura Mall, but I certainly will visit Macy's.

We only have one whole day in FL pre cruise and we don’t have a car. There is free shuttle from our hotel to Aventura mall, so that's why we choose it for shopping.

This may not work for you, but it may be an option. Macy's has a huge plus size selection online and ships for free if you order $99 or more. You could place an order shortly before your cruise and have it shipped directly to your hotel, then try on the clothes and return the items you don't like to the Miami store and receive a credit back to your card. Macy's has a great return policy. I also prefer to try on clothes in the privacy of my own home without the pressure.

Aventura Mall is in the town of Aventura situated between Hollywood and North Miami. I've been to Aventura Mall many times. Very nice upscale Mall. It has a plus size shop called Torrid. It's like a more upscale Lane Bryant. Aventura Mall also has several large department stores which may have plus size clothes.

Aventura Mall is in the town of Aventura situated between Hollywood and North Miami. I've been to Aventura Mall many times. Very nice upscale Mall. It has a plus size shop called Torrid. It's like a more upscale Lane Bryant. Aventura Mall also has several large department stores which may have plus size clothes.

Torrid is a Lane Bryant group brand aimed at younger women that are plus size. Could be some casual things that work for more mature women but most are the trends of younger women.

Torrid is a Lane Bryant group brand aimed at younger women that are plus size. Could be some casual things that work for more mature women but most are the trends of younger women.

Yes, the clothes run pretty funky and skimpy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got so many great links. If I don't find anything from the mall, at least I can shop online at home ;)

Thank you all!

I do a lot of my clothes shopping online from ebay now. If you search on a favorite brand and your size, you can narrow the HUGE selection down to what you really want. I purchased 5 gorgeous tops in the last month for at least 75% off retail prices. But, you have to weed through a lot of stuff you don't want to find the jewels. It's worth it, though.

I search on either Maggie Barnes or Liz n Me with my size. These are Catherines top designers, and the clothes are very well made. My latest was a fabulous chiffon Liz n Me jacket for $14 including shipping.