March- All spring breakers?

Absolutheada

We have booked a 7 day cruise for next March and I am getting mixed reviews. A lot of people are telling me it will be all college spring breakers. While I don't mind some of that we will have 2 young children on board and I just don't want them exposed to a total booze fest. We are used to Disney Cruisers so they are all tame and kid oriented. Would love to hear your feedback.

Week long cruises generally don't draw that many college aged kids, especially during spring break. Most don't have that kind of money or the time. If a cruise is a week long and so is break, chances are they're going to spend it at the beach or something like that.

3 - 5 day cruises are completely different. Those are where most of the college booze crowd ends up.

We have booked a 7 day cruise for next March and I am getting mixed reviews. A lot of people are telling me it will be all college spring breakers. While I don't mind some of that we will have 2 young children on board and I just don't want them exposed to a total booze fest. We are used to Disney Cruisers so they are all tame and kid oriented. Would love to hear your feedback.

Never seen college kids and that was just unrelated groups who happened to book on the same cruise other than the 3-4 days cruises. On the seven day cruise, it the family reunions and wedding parties that are the boozers

Good information. Thank you! My kids are actually on spring break starting today (8, 3, and K grades). Odd time if you ask me. We are going first full week of May. Hope it's finals time and everyone is studying and no time for all that. Ha ha.

In the cruise industry the term Spring Break refers more to the March - mid April time frame when K- 12 public and private schools have a week off and is a popular time for families with school age children to cruise.

College Spring Break is something else and is generally not celebrated on 6-8 night Caribbean cruises.

You are worrying about nothing. Ships have a FINITE number of passengers they can hold. They sail full every sailing...so there are no more passengers during "spring break" than any other time. You may find more families over school vacations, but the number of cruisers remains constant.

So go back to Disney because it's spring break.

You are worrying about nothing. Ships have a FINITE number of passengers they can hold. They sail full every sailing...so there are no more passengers during "spring break" than any other time. You may find more families over school vacations, but the number of cruisers remains constant.

Oh I understand that, just didn't know if it would be full of more college kids than families.

We've always been able to find quiet places on rowdy cruises. Biggest hint, stay away from the Lido pool. Sail on a ship that had two pools like the Spirit class. Hang out around the water slides or the kids Splash Zone like on the Splendor.

Sometimes what you think will be a 'horrible' cruise might surprise you. Just off a 3day St Patrick's Day cruise. One of the calmest short cruises we've been on. Almost as quiet as our 10 day Princess cruises. Our worst three day cruise was on Princess, first week of November.

We went two years ago, the last week of March. The first couple days there were a lot of drunk college age kids by the pool. After that, we didn't see them much. Last year we were there the second week of March and it was definitely more family oriented. We are leaving for Mexico today again so I'll let you know how it is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did my first spring break cruise last year. The ship was at capacity and very crowded. A lot of families, kids running up and down the hallways at all hours. It was not a bad cruise, just not very relaxing to me. Went on a 4 day in January and it was calmer than the spring break cruise.

It just depends on the passenger base. I have also been on a cruise in October that was just like the spring break cruise, actually I think it was worse! All you can do is go in with a positive attitude and go with the flow.

Will i take a spring break cruise again? Yes! Because let's face it--a cruise is a cruise and if that is the only time I can go, well then I'm there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had Spring Breakers on my recent 7-Day Western Magic cruise, and on last years 7-Day Eastern on the Glory.

To be honest. They were great.

Always looked like they were having a good time, and were well behaved.

They added a great "flavor" to the passenger mix.

Booked the Sunshine for early March next year. Hope they are in the mix.

• 6 months later...

It's night and day comparing it to Disney.

For our March and early April cruises during our kids Spring Breaks, I think adults were crazier then college age kids :o, maybe they are just happy that their kids are busy somewhere else on the ship? We've been to Cabo over March Spring Break and that's crazy, cruizn'in doesn't compare!... I think the thing that stands out the most on our past spring break cruises is all of the other kids the same age as yours - my kids always loved the camp carnival activities.

We are going again March 2018 - they have aged into the circle c, club o2 activities, I'm hoping there are enough this age group as they have always loved meeting new friends on trips.