Desserts!

Kverlinger

There is a thing in the buffet that looks like a brownie and has a dollop of white cream cheese type stuff and a tiny piece of pear on top.

Those are good.

Grand Mainer Soufflet is my favorite.

Has it been eliminated?

We had the Grand Marnier Souffle on the Conquest this past week.

I thought people were saying it had been discontinued?

They had it late march on the Pride. Dont think it is worth the calories though.

Many of the desserts look a lot better than they taste but they do have some great ones.

Favorite is key lime pie served on lido. WCMC is a favorite. Also creme brulee is very good

The husband and I have been eating so healthy that we plan on eating all the junk food we can get our hands on in 30 days when we sail the Breeze for 8 days!!! We watched a tour on youtube and we saw a bunch of desserts in a case (black forest choc. cake, ext.), I think it was in or around ocean plaza?! Does anyone know what I am talking about? I'm guessing these are for a fee.

Other than the desserts in the MDR, room service, and the free ice cream..are there any other free desserts on the ships? Does the buffet offer anything good? Other than the choc. melted cake, is there any dessert that is a must have? We don't discriminate but love chocolate!

PS. I swear we aren't fattys! We are just excited about what we have been deprived of for a long time. lol

The coffee shop desserts are very reasonably priced, forget the exact prices, but all under 3.00 I think. But if you do go..try the carrot cake! It is soooo good! Last November I thought the desserts at the buffet area were not bad for a buffet. One really good one was a citrus napolean. If you go to sea day brunch, the caramel cheesecake is excellent. And the desserts in the MDR at dinner are pretty good. My favorite is the creme brule. Enjoy!

Ahoy shipmates,

one i forgot to mention is the polish dessert served at every meal in the lido and the mdr at lunch and dinner,..i dont know it's spelled but it is pronounced '' won uv each'' and spoken quickly.

Your waiter may need it to be repeated the first time you order it.

Another hint for a better appreciation of the tastes is to brush regularly

happy dining and sea ya lol

You can also ask for hot chocolate at tea time. We enjoyed the MDR desserts. The lido buffet desserts looked good, but most of them were tasteless to us. A "treat" for me was the sweet cold soups. They were like eating melted ice cream.

i dont know it's spelled but it is pronounced '' won uv each'' and spoken quickly.

Your waiter may need it to be repeated the first time you order it.

Definitely going to try this :D

lol, thanks antique sailor!

Tiramisu and bitter n blanc are my favorites. DH loves the key lime pie on the lido and warm chocolate melting cake. The chocolate cake they sell at the coffee bar is awesome. I also liked the brunch banana cream pie and cheesecake.

PS. I swear we aren't fattys! We are just excited about what we have been deprived of for a long time. lol

I could add about 100 dessert pictures to this thread and point out a few exceptional items that haven't been mentioned.

But I have to assume you wouldn't want the opinion of this "fatty" so I'm not going to waste my time. :cool:

I could add about 100 dessert pictures to this thread and point out a few exceptional items that haven't been mentioned.

But I have to assume you wouldn't want the opinion of this "fatty" so I'm not going to waste my time. :cool:

Probably not the best choice of words...Didn't mean to offend anyone. I welcome dessert recommendations from people of all sizes! :D

As long as they keep serving Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and their apple pie, I will be happy.

I can usually find something decent at lunch on the lido buffet, but sometimes it is all pretty bland and not much fun. However, they usually have fresh fruit (read mixed melon and pineapple) available and that always makes me happy. The cookies on the buffet are usually very good to excellent and that is always a fall back.

I am not a soft serve fan, but I have been known to have a dish if I am in need of a cold sweet treat.

Carnival does not get much extra from me as I have yet to try any of the pay treats.:eek:

Another vote for the Bitter and Blanc - be sure to be ready for the delicious sauce they pour over it! The first time I had it the waiter split the top open so none of the delicious sauce was lost over the side. The last time, the waiter did not split it and I was forced to lick the sauce of the plate - my table mates, rather than being embarrassed, joined me once they knew of its deliciousness!

Each nite in the MDR there are all kinds of desserts available. Of course the warm melting chocolate cake is everybodys fav but i try a new one each day.. We also dont eat much dessert so its a real treat. THere are some lemon tarts that are really good too. There will plenty of choices. Enjoy.

The Tea Time desserts are all scrumptious! There are chocolate and lemon cakes, scones, macaroons, tarts, and strawberries with cream! :D

The best dessert last cruise was at tea time a slice of almond cake it was not overly sweet yet tasted incredible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Forums mobile app

Remember you can order as many desserts as you want in the MDR. One cruise. we and our tablemates would order one of each dessert for the table (and an occasional individual portion if someone really liked a particular item).