NCL Warm Chocolate Volcano?!

ohioNCLcruiser

Looks good to me, can't wait to try it.

Yes, CCL's Warm Choc Melting cake is to die for. I had it every single

night on my last cruise.

Personally I dislike both of them. So disappointed this is now on the menu along with other chocolaty dishes and cheesecake and apple pie have disappeared.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

ry%3D400

My new favorite dessert is the Warm Chocolate Volcano. This is quite similar to Carnival's Warm Chocolate Melting Cake in my opinion. It was on the menu every night during our cruise. (Breakaway - 8/31-9/7)

We haven't been on Carnival for a few years so I'm glad Norwegian came up with their own version.

I really love both!

NCL's "volcano" doesn't really have any cake. I really enjoy it, but it is more gooey than cake. The closest thing I can compare it to is brownie batter.

That would be awesome; I love brownie batter! :)

It's been several years since we've sailed on NCL, but we do have a cruise coming up on the Gem this February. I hope the chocolate desserts have improved, because in the past I've found them very disappointing. They look good, but don't really have a chocolate flavor; almost as though they were created with some sort of chocolate substitute.

We were on the NCL Star this past June, and my sister had the Chocolate Volcano EVERY night of the cruise for desert. She got hers without strawberries. Even on the nights we went to a specialty restaurant, she asked for the chocolate volcano from the MDR, and they brought it to us! Sometimes you could tell the desert had been sitting there awhile, by the melted icecream or the inside not being gooey. But when served perfectly, the inside was very gooey and tasted awesome.

ry%3D400

My new favorite dessert is the Warm Chocolate Volcano. This is quite similar to Carnival's Warm Chocolate Melting Cake in my opinion. It was on the menu every night during our cruise. (Breakaway - 8/31-9/7)

We haven't been on Carnival for a few years so I'm glad Norwegian came up with their own version.

I really love both!

Oh, I WISH you had not posted this photo :D

We discovered this dessert halfway our trip recently.

I had ordered the chocolate crepe in the MDR, and it was dry and rather tasteless. The person sitting next to me had the Warm Chocolate Volcano.

I took a small bit on the tip of my spoon (the portion isn't huge), put it in my mouth, and immediately declared, "I *NEED* TO HAVE THIS!"

Everyone else at the table then tried it, and we ordered one for everyone.

Here is the guilty admission: Not much later, we had another one for everyone delivered to our suite. :o

And we did that again the next night.

I'm not sure whether I should show this photo to the others, so they don't drool all over me!

GeezerCouple