Paradise Beach, Cozumel

ljinnc

We will be on Glory Oct. 25 sailing, our first stop is Cozumel and we have a beach excursion planned. But I have read that many people like Paradise Beach in Cozumel and it's near the ship. Does anyone know any about this? Maybe I should cancel the excursion.

We've been there. I think we are going again next month.

It is about a 15 minute cab ride; maybe around 15-20 bucks. We share with another couple.

You pay about $3 to get in, and they ask that you buy food and drink there to help offset cost. They supply loungers. They have a beach and a nice pool area. Also bathroom, changing rooms, all that. Not sure on showers, don't remember if I used them, but I think they did. It's a nice place, they were friendly. We had a good time there. Also, there are water toys - things to climb on in the water or such. That is an additional fee, but the day we were there, we didn't pay anything extra and the guys climbed on them. We ladies used a raft type thing. Never said anything to us about a charge for those.

We have been to PB twice and will be going back in 3 weeks! Loved it. The cleanliness, food, service and friendliness of the staff were all great. Very easy to hop in a cab and get there, plenty of cabs ready to take you back to the ship. We haven't been since they put in the pool but the pics I have seen look great. Can't wait to see it!!

I think when I went the price was $12 for the use of everything and you wore a wrist band. They have the water toys and snorkel gear. We only did the $2 or $3 entrance fee and enjoyed the big pool, beach and loungers. The only problem we ran across was the rocky beach floor. There's plenty of sand on the beach but in the water it's rocky. The rocks are more on the sharp side than smooth. The pool is great for lounging in. The water is shallow for several feet out so that you can put the loungers in the pool and get just enough water on you to keep you cool.

We will be on Glory Oct. 25 sailing, our first stop is Cozumel and we have a beach excursion planned. But I have read that many people like Paradise Beach in Cozumel and it's near the ship. Does anyone know any about this? Maybe I should cancel the excursion.

You can do Paradise Beach on your own.

It is nice and clean.

Edited by mzloolue

We were there in March on the kids spring break. I had my six grandkids and their parents with me and all three generations loved Paradise beach in Cozumel. The kids said it was their favorite day of the 6 day Breeze cruise. You can lounge on loungers in the water in the pool and they will serve your food and drinks right by the side of the pool. The water toys on the beach were great fun but you do need water shoes. There's hammocks on the beach under trees. As others have said very clean facilities. The price was $3.00 for entrance and $15.00 for use of all water sports which included kayaks and snorkeling equipment besides all the water toys. A great way to spend a day. Have fun.

Having tried both Nachi Cocum and Mr. Sancho's we wanted to give Paradise a try. All-in-all we liked the pool area but found the quality of the beach water less than desirable as it had a generous amount of sea weed as compared to Nachi and Sancho's (who are both further south).

Good to know as our first time going to Cozumel is in 2 weeks. I reserved Nachi after much research. Hope it's a blast!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

We've been there three times and plan to go again when we sail in February. When we went last year there was no fee to enter. There was a $2 per chair fee (this used to be free but it was being abused so they began charging a nominal fee). There are lockers and bathrooms with showers close by. Everything is so clean! There is constantly someone cleaning in the bathrooms.

The last time it was just DH and me so we didn't get the wristband for the water toys but if you have kids (teens, especially) they will love them!

If you're still not convinced, check them out of trip advisor DOT com. Their reviews are great. I don't think you'll go wrong. It's probably one of the most inexpensive things you will do in port. ;)

We have been to Cozumel many times and have tried all of the popular beach areas. Far and away the best is Paradise Beach. Very clean , great pool, friendly staff, good food , and strong margaritas ! :-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to Paradise Beach many times and love it. Check out the video in my signature under this post. I made this video a few years ago. There is a lady who is always in the bathroom sweeping out sand and mopping up water from dripping bathing suits. I ALWAYS give her a small tip even though it is not expected or required. There is no tip jar or anything but she does her job well and I like to show my appreciation.

• 2 months later...

I am thinking we will give Paradise Beach a try. My wife will probably park under a tree and set up a basecamp for our family with her book while I follow the kids around.

Can she open a tab, or do you pay as they bring you things? I would rather just have one waiter that we tip well at the end of the day for their hard work.

Do you pick where you want to sit? Are you assigned a section? My family are not sun lovers, so it is nice to see they have shade to hang out under.

I have similar questions! My husband is a shade-only guy - and my redhead kids need plenty of it, too. $15 to get in includes...water toys, kayaks, snorkeling equipment? Does that include chairs? What about umbrellas? And then I assume food and drink is on top of that. Is the bungee trampoline extra? Six ships in port with us that day...assuming we need to be early!

We were there a few weeks back and loved it! Beach was okay, but rocky so didn't spend much time in the water. Loved the pool, heated as well just right which was great! Didn't want to get out of it.

I think we paid $25 for the 5 of us or close to that. Lots of taxi's at port, and plenty at Paradise to get you back...loved it!

I would not cancel - PB is about a 15 minute cab ride from the piers and is large enough that you can always find chairs, shade, etc. Great facilities and a HUGE pool.

I have similar questions! My husband is a shade-only guy - and my redhead kids need plenty of it, too. $15 to get in includes...water toys, kayaks, snorkeling equipment? Does that include chairs? What about umbrellas? And then I assume food and drink is on top of that. Is the bungee trampoline extra? Six ships in port with us that day...assuming we need to be early!

Here is a link to the PB web site: http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

The admission fee ($3 each) gets you a chair and there is plenty of shade; $15 extra per person gets you the water toys (10-ft water slide, floating multi-tiered climbing structure, snorkeling gear, kayaks, beach floats, trampoline, iceberg, etc.). Food and drinks are extra.

We went in April during spring break. Cab ride was $20 each way for 5 people. Paid $15 per person for entrance and water toys. My three boys 8, 11 and 12 years old never left the water toys. I was on the toys most of the time also while my wife took pictures. I will sent the pictures tomorrow when I have access to them. We had water shoes which did help out with the first few feet getting into the water. We did not eat but did open a tab for drinks. We sat by the pool for the last hour. Awesome pool. Great bargain for the amount of fun.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Forums mobile app