Best Tour For The MUST-SEE's of the Island

Pandabear90

Opinions are welcome! Would love a tour that isn't crazily priced but recommended you guys on here that will take us to all the must sees of the island like the pitons and everything else, that will let us take pictures!

Or if you can recommend any other type of excursion would be greatly appreciated!

Opinions are welcome! Would love a tour that isn't crazily priced but recommended you guys on here that will take us to all the must sees of the island like the pitons and everything else, that will let us take pictures!

Or if you can recommend any other type of excursion would be greatly appreciated!

The mos popular is and Island tour or land and Sea. Basically seeing the highlights of the island sucha as Marigot bay, Pitons, Volcano etc. Lots of companies offer a variation of this tour such as Island man, Serenitytvl, cosol, spencer ambrose etc. It should cost from $60-$75 for an island tour and $85-$100 for Land and Sea. All you need is to find the company that most suites you.

As you know, there were several suggested.

What I did, I went on CC, and READ several "member" reviews for St. Lucia in regard to some of these tours. I came up with Cosol Tours, and that is what we are planning on doing the first part of April.

It may seem a bit expensive, but what you get to see/eat, to me it is worth it.

They are easy to contact, and I'm sure they would advise you, if you have any questions.

We went on a tour of the island with Cosol tours. It was $75 each but well worth the money.

We pre-booked in the UK which was very easy to do and when we got there they were waiting for us.

We were provided with a great guide who stopped at all the great viewing points, talked about the island and in general took great care of us all !

A buffet of local produce was provided and later in the day fresh bread and cheese. There was a mobile mini bar that came with us and the drinks flowed very freely!!!

We were taken back to port in plenty of time and thoroughly enjoyed the day. Would highly recommend.

• 3 weeks later...
Thumbs up to Cosol tours. Did this island your in 2014, was the highlight of our trip. Going back with Cosol at the end of the month!:)

We are too..So much fun...

beautiful island !

Here's my 'teaser' video -

Cosol Tours ~ St Lucia - Awesome Views / Beaches

---------

I am kind of bummed because I heard so much about Spencer Ambrose when we WEREN'T going to Saint Lucia, that as soon as we finally booked a cruise that WAS, he was the lst excursion I booked and now I see there are a bunch of others and they are less $$. Has anyone ever done his tour? We leave on 3/13, so I could always cancel and book with Cosol. :confused::confused:

I am kind of bummed because I heard so much about Spencer Ambrose when we WEREN'T going to Saint Lucia, that as soon as we finally booked a cruise that WAS, he was the lst excursion I booked and now I see there are a bunch of others and they are less $$. Has anyone ever done his tour? We leave on 3/13, so I could always cancel and book with Cosol. :confused::confused:

Spencer does a great tour, as does Cosol. The major difference between them - which accounts for the cost difference also - is that Spencer's tour is via speedboat both ways to Soufriere for the sights, while Cosol is via land both ways. Same difference for Spencer vs Herod's or the like also, he is speedboat both ways while the other land/sea tours are by land down and by sea back. As boats are both more expense to buy and to maintain, his tours cost a little more - plus, via speedboat, you get to the sights in Soufriere ahead of the crowds, so a little extra cost foe the convenience. It's a toss up, they all do great tours. Just have to decide whether you want land both ways, land one way sea return or sea both ways...and associated costs..Enjoy, whichever tour you go with. We have lots of amazing operators!

Spencer does a great tour, as does Cosol. The major difference between them - which accounts for the cost difference also - is that Spencer's tour is via speedboat both ways to Soufriere for the sights, while Cosol is via land both ways. Same difference for Spencer vs Herod's or the like also, he is speedboat both ways while the other land/sea tours are by land down and by sea back. As boats are both more expense to buy and to maintain, his tours cost a little more - plus, via speedboat, you get to the sights in Soufriere ahead of the crowds, so a little extra cost foe the convenience. It's a toss up, they all do great tours. Just have to decide whether you want land both ways, land one way sea return or sea both ways...and associated costs..Enjoy, whichever tour you go with. We have lots of amazing operators!

Thank you! If I DON'T do the land, in other words, stay with Spencer, am I going to be sorry I missed seeing some sights? I really wish I had researched it more and done land there, sea back, but I was so excited to finally get to St. Lucia and Spencer that I didn't look into any of the differences with other tour operators. :confused::(

Thank you! If I DON'T do the land, in other words, stay with Spencer, am I going to be sorry I missed seeing some sights? I really wish I had researched it more and done land there, sea back, but I was so excited to finally get to St. Lucia and Spencer that I didn't look into any of the differences with other tour operators. :confused::(

I would recommend reading through this thread. Whether you'll miss seeing some sights or not, I have MO idea as o don't know you or what you'd want to see! You will no see the land portion including Morne Fortune, Anse La Raye, banana plantation or the dramatic coastal views along the way or views over the Pitons from the peaks across the valley....whether that matters to you is up to you. It's a 1.15-1.5 hour drive by winding narrow mountainous roads down to Soufriere...depends on how well you travel, etc.

It's not necessarily too late to change your tour, BTW. As you haven't paid yet, or taken it yet, you could probably switch to another operator if you decide you want to do different tour....Enjoy your visit.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2303271

I've toured with both Herod and Spencer(most recently in December) on St. Lucia. Both are excellent.

I haven't toured with Cosol, so I can't comment on the tour that he provides.

I have posted on a FEW threads and everyone has been so helpful. I feel kind of silly obsessing like this! :o I kind of wish now that I had booked with Herod to see more of the island, but still get the sea coming back. And the price difference....:( Could have bought a few drinks on the ship, but I have read about Ambrose for so long and that was my first action. I guess I will just have to go back to St. Lucia and book with Herod to see "what I missed" this time around! ;) Reedprincess, you have been very patient! I asked this on another thread, but maybe someone here knows who has toured with Ambrose: does he go FAST in his boat?? :eek:

I have posted on a FEW threads and everyone has been so helpful. I feel kind of silly obsessing like this! :o I kind of wish now that I had booked with Herod to see more of the island, but still get the sea coming back. And the price difference....:( Could have bought a few drinks on the ship, but I have read about Ambrose for so long and that was my first action. I guess I will just have to go back to St. Lucia and book with Herod to see "what I missed" this time around! ;) Reedprincess, you have been very patient! I asked this on another thread, but maybe someone here knows who has toured with Ambrose: does he go FAST in his boat?? :eek:

Yes, it's is a speedboat. He goes fast. It's thrilling...

We've been on eight cruises. The best tour/tour guide we've ever had was James of http://www.jamestouringservice.com/ It's worth every penny. He took us to a local bakery (twice because our boys were still raving about it on the way back) and let us pick the beach we wanted to go to (where he was swinging into the water off a rope swing with the kids while we watched). We went to all the standard places as well. He was an active tour guide.

so back from our Cosol trip, and thumbs DOWN this time around.

after their boat "Richie rich" was late picking us up from the Pitons and snorkeling at Sugar Beach, we were rushed at the mud baths, and waterfalls, and did not even get to see the Volcanos! was told it was mud baths OR volcanos. Looked at my emails when got back home, and this was incorrect. we were suppose to go to both the mud baths and volcanos..

disappointed. contacted Cosol and only offered a credit on a future excursion, they would not offer any kind of refund for the tour that was not as advertised. Next time i'll spend 800$ elsewhere! (we were a group of 12)

I messaged both Cosol and James tours and wanted to cut down our tour to about 3-4 hours and still see most picturesque places skipping entering into the diamond water falls and mud baths. Wanted to see the pitons and soufriere and then spend a an hour on a nice beach. Is this do-able? Are the tours offered by cosol and James private or they put you with a group. We ourselves are a group of 6.

Thanks

I messaged both Cosol and James tours and wanted to cut down our tour to about 3-4 hours and still see most picturesque places skipping entering into the diamond water falls and mud baths. Wanted to see the pitons and soufriere and then spend a an hour on a nice beach. Is this do-able? Are the tours offered by cosol and James private or they put you with a group. We ourselves are a group of 6.

Thanks

Cosol, James, etc will be group tours unless your group is large enough to meet their minimum, which 6 isn't.

Everything else answered in your other post..

Thanks Reedprincess...your replies were very helpful.

2nd option if not doing a tour is to take a taxi/van and head to Jalousie beach and Toraille water falls which is around the same area. Would the $200 taxi ride cover this? I've read that loungers and or umberellas are quite costly at Jalouise beach. Can you contact a taxi provider ahead of time?

Thanks Reedprincess...your replies were very helpful.

2nd option if not doing a tour is to take a taxi/van and head to Jalousie beach and Toraille water falls which is around the same area. Would the $200 taxi ride cover this? I've read that loungers and or umberellas are quite costly at Jalouise beach. Can you contact a taxi provider ahead of time?

It may be a bit more if you go to Jalousie Beach and stay for a while - time is money for these guys too. Likely around $225-250 for a few hours beach time, time at the waterfall, and back to the ship. Knowledgeable, friendly, licensed drivers are available at the port... Licensed taxi operators have "TX" license plates, and at the port, should be in uniform.

There will be tour sellers at the port also, always worth a talk to see what they offer - most tours similar to the ones you see talked about here as those are the main highlights....

Lounge chairs at Jalousie are free in the area off to the right when looking at the sea. If you want the fancier padded ones, they start at about $30 a chair, talk to the watersports hut guys..

Good luck, enjoy your visit