I need help choosing a cruise line

enj2012

My husband and I had to cancel our anniversary cruise in January 2014 due to financial issues but I'm determined to make up for it! We went on celebrity for our honeymoon and loved it. Now my question is: should we go back in celebrity or try royal caribbean, princess, or Norwegian? If anyone has good feedback or reasons why they choose one over the other I greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Have done several of each brand and if everything were equal (which is never the case) I'd choose Princess. If I were cruising with kids RCL, hands down, they are imo the best choice for families, very active atmosphere, "Let's get this party started!". I just prefer a more serene/laidback vibe. NCL sort of straddles the middle... Not as boisterous as RCL and not as serene as Princess. All provide great vacation experiences.

Have done several of each brand and if everything were equal (which is never the case) I'd choose Princess. If I were cruising with kids RCL' date=' hands down, they are imo the best choice for families, very active atmosphere, "Let's get this party started!". I just prefer a more serene/laidback vibe. NCL sort of straddles the middle... Not as boisterous as RCL and not as serene as Princess. All provide great vacation experiences.[/quote']

Thats how we are. Calm and cool and like to have things that way. We are early 30s but rather be surrounded my the older crowd than people our own age or younger. Thank you!

My husband and I had to cancel our anniversary cruise in January 2014 due to financial issues but I'm determined to make up for it! We went on celebrity for our honeymoon and loved it. Now my question is: should we go back in celebrity or try royal caribbean, princess, or Norwegian? If anyone has good feedback or reasons why they choose one over the other I greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

I dont think you will go wrong with any option. But they all have different focuses. RCL is more activity oriented. Specially the bigger ships. The smaller ones might attract an older crowd, 30 and up with no kids. NCL is more active, with all their slides, pretty much an amusement park on board. However they have way too many paid dinner options IMHO. Princess and Celebrity are a little bit more upscale, more elegant. Less kids on board.

I think it depends where do you want to go. If you go Caribbean I would go with RCL or Norwegian. Anny other route I would pick Celebrity or Princess.

Hiram

You didn't say what time of year you were planning. RCI has a very laid back, older crowd with few children if you cruise off season, even more so on cruises over 7 days. We have done all 4 of those lines and prefer Royal over the others. We love the promenade but others hate it. happy cruising

It depends on where you are going and what you like to do.

However if you loved Celebrity, then stick with that.

If you are really wanting to try something new go with Princess if you are most interested in an experience similar to Celebrity.

If you are a more active couple who seek adventure then RC may be a good fit(though it really depends on the ship).

Not a big fan of NCL so can't help you there. People seem to enjoy their ships. They have a very laid back feel about them if that is your thing.

Thats how we are. Calm and cool and like to have things that way. We are early 30s but rather be surrounded my the older crowd than people our own age or younger. Thank you!

With that description, I would be looking at either Celebrity or Holland America.

You have already sailed Celebrity and know you like it, so I would advise trying cruising with someone else just so you don't tie youself into one line, like I think I may have, by either fear of another line not being as good or being hung up on loyalty points.

Variety is the spice of life after all.

Cheers, h.