CocoCay lunch buffet

jerrib

There are two food pavilions on Coco Cay, however I have never seen but one used. I think when two ships are there at the same time they open the other. The main one is right up near the tender area when you get off the ship, the other is farther down by the jet ski area.

It is the least organized lunch buffet, go to one station to get meat and veggies, cross over to get condiments and plastic wear, another for salads, another for drinks. But we didn't have to wait in line, as every one in the line was confused and wandering. We also went after the noon rush! Enjoy, we liked CocoCay.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. I'll be on the Enchantment and the Grandeur will be there also. I was just wondering how that worked. Also, how do they handle the beverage/Sea Pass situation with two ships. Do they each have separate servers on the beach?

Thanks everyone. I'll be on the Enchantment and the Grandeur will be there also. I was just wondering how that worked. Also, how do they handle the beverage/Sea Pass situation with two ships. Do they each have separate servers on the beach?

Not speaking from experience, but with the way all cruise lines passes are designed, the computer system should be able to determine which ship people are sailing on - it would have to to eliminate the possibility of passengers getting on the wrong ship in port.

Thanks for your response. Having only one location open doesn't seem the best idea for crowd control. I expect the lines can be rather long?

Perhaps it's improved but my problem hasn't been so much with pax at lunch but with flies and birds. Manage expections about food quality too.

For me it's a good day for a big breakfast, a liquid lunch for the most part - Coco Locos have lots of calories, and a snack back on ship. Ice cream is nice, it's too close to your face for birds to dive at and hasn't set out for flies to land on.

• 2 weeks later...

We were there this past Friday through Carnival (same island, but they call it Little Stirrup Cay).

We thought the food was mediocre at best. Actually it sucked. Maybe if you're going thru Royal Caribbean it will be better. Burgers were way over cooked to the point you couldn't hardly chew them.

I'd recommend you take a large water bottle too - they only had very small paper cups to drink out of (like the little dixie cups preschoolers drink out of).

We loved this island...but not because of the food! Eat a big breakfast.

We were there this past Friday through Carnival (same island, but they call it Little Stirrup Cay).

We thought the food was mediocre at best. Actually it sucked. Maybe if you're going thru Royal Caribbean it will be better. Burgers were way over cooked to the point you couldn't hardly chew them.

I'd recommend you take a large water bottle too - they only had very small paper cups to drink out of (like the little dixie cups preschoolers drink out of).

We loved this island...but not because of the food! Eat a big breakfast.

Little Stirrup Cay is the proper name of the island. Did they cover up the Coco Cay signs?

Little Stirrup Cay is the proper name of the island. Did they cover up the Coco Cay signs?

WOW, had no idea about Carnival going to what I'd thought of as RCCL private island. When did that start? Celebrity I'd get but had no idea Carnival used the island.