Decorating your door!

CruzerDeb

For those of you who have cruised a lot (and that's most people here, right?), do you decorate your door and/or see a lot of doors that have been decorated?

I've only been on one cruise so far (another booked in 400+ days!) and don't recall seeing any doors that were decorated.

I've been on 3 cruises and have never decorated my door but we are going to in October. I have seen lots of doors decorated in ocean scenes with fish and starfish and netting. We are going to get caricature's of myself, DH and DS and put them on our door.

Some people we became friends with on our CC Roll call decorated our door as a surprise.

Took us a second to realize that it was, actually our room. We came back and were kind of startled...thinking we must be on the wrong floor, etc until we figured it out!

DSC_3451.JPG

I usually do something. I create an collage of what we are doing and where we are going and put in on magnetic paper. I either put it on the door or on the panel next depending on the ship. I also get beach themed stickers (the puffy ones that come off easy) and put them on the door. It helps those in our group find their cabin easier, especially my parents.

Edited by ahaltom2007

We have a cruise to Hawaii coming up (although still 18 months away!) and I plan to bring some Hawaii type of decorations. We will be cruising on Halloween so I think I'll bring a few Halloween decorations too.

We decorated our door on our Honeymoon cruise and we decided we liked it, and we will do it again. It was so easy to find our cabin without having to look at the cabin numbers.

We had the sign printed online at VISTAPRINT. It was not expensive (probably $5 or $10.00) although next time I will have the font made a little bigger. This sign had a tacky back, not too sticky, so it peeled off easily without leaving any sticky residue.

P5020105.jpg

We always decorate our stateroom door...we started years ago when my grandson was young so he could find our room easy and he got a big kick out of the decorations. He is older now but we still decorate.

I have done mine twice. This is what I did for my cruise on the Liberty in March. We had a group of ladies in three adjoining cabins and we all decorated our doors. It really helps you find your cabin quickly too!

IMG_2199.jpg

Silly question, are the cabin doors metal? I never thought to notice on my previous cruises. We will be on the Fantasy in 5 weeks. My soon to be 8 year old daughter loves arts & crafts and we have sheets of magnet with drawing paper on one side. I was thinking about doing the gummy window clings, but if the doors are metal then the magnet sheets would work. Decorating the door will be fun for her, and help her find our cabin easier because she has their odd thing about wanting to be the official door opener with the room keys (does this at hotels too). Obviously she can read the cabin number but she would be able to spot the door with the fancy drawings/magnets.

Silly question, are the cabin doors metal? I never thought to notice on my previous cruises. We will be on the Fantasy in 5 weeks. My soon to be 8 year old daughter loves arts & crafts and we have sheets of magnet with drawing paper on one side. I was thinking about doing the gummy window clings, but if the doors are metal then the magnet sheets would work. Decorating the door will be fun for her, and help her find our cabin easier because she has their odd thing about wanting to be the official door opener with the room keys (does this at hotels too). Obviously she can read the cabin number but she would be able to spot the door with the fancy drawings/magnets.

Can't wait to see what you come up with! I will be following this thread. My kids and I want to do the same for our first cruise.

Dawn

On our last cruise we did this-

IMG_2443.jpg

On our next cruise, we are putting up a map fo the Caribbean, the flags of the countiries we are visiting, and a calender of the week , what we are doing on each day-like when we are in Grand Cayman, on that day is an ad for Eden Rock, for Belize and ad for the NICH Museum. That way if we go missing someone will know were to look for us.:o

We used tape, I do not think the doors are magnetic.

Edited by marshhawk

The doors were not metal on the Ecstasy or the Inspiration

We found some locker type of decorations we could use at a school supply store. They were of a peel/stick and remove type. So they are fully reusable. Came with the erasable pens. We could leave messages for others in the group. My uncle and his cabin steward left messages for each other too! Such as hope you have a great day, sweet dreams, it was really cute to see how happy this made my uncle. Also found these removable type stickers at a closeout chain store that had fish/ ships/beach items. Grandkids like decorating their doors and these peeled off with no mess and now are in pages of their scrapbooks. Their dad took a picture of a plain door and made it into a scrapbook page (he is an IT geek so this was easy for him) the kids got to re-stick their fishes/beach items on it.

Hubby turns 40 on our cruise and I wan to at least do something to annoy him for the big day! great idea to put something on it otherwise so the kids can easily find it...of course we enjoy making them read the room #'s

do they have any restrictions on materials that can be used?

or anything that is easiest to use/remove when we are done??

Hmmmm if the Fantasy's doors aren't metal I better bring the gummy cling things.

We were on a HAL cruise for Christmas 2010 and we bought chip clips with magnets on the back and used those on the walls in the cabin to hang up art work and important papers. Could always bring some of those to hang things from in the cabin.

Second silly question of the day: Are the cabin walls metal on the Fantasy?