Times In Port

TxnAquarian

I was perusing the 2016 voyages today and found a couple of really appealing ones. This might get me to stray from Celebrity and Azamara. However, I noticed that the itineraries oddly don't show exact times in port. Is there any way to see what the times will be in port, instead of just a vague "morning" or "early evening"?

Michael

I was perusing the 2016 voyages today and found a couple of really appealing ones. This might get me to stray from Celebrity and Azamara. However, I noticed that the itineraries oddly don't show exact times in port. Is there any way to see what the times will be in port, instead of just a vague "morning" or "early evening"?

Michael

Hi Michael. Crikey, it's not possible to show the exact times in port so far in advance. Not only are times vague, but even if the ship will make port stops in various troublesome ports will be avoided.

I was also looking at the 2016 Voyage brochure that I received in the mail. And I wondered...how many of those port stops will be avoided a safety issue?

In October 2013 when I booked a WC segment for 2015 on QE, I found two travel agent sites that listed the times. I made a note of the times and now that I am off that cruise I can say that the majority of times were correct. I just checked one of those same sites and some of the cruises listed for early 2016 has the times there as well.

Last Christmas I didn't know the exact Caribbean port times until after embarkation. It made for some frantic emails and phone calls to one excursion company in particular. I've since bookmarked the Cruise TT listing for next year and hope it proves accurate.

Well I can't see what time the QM11 arrives in Port Louis on our upcoming Fremantle to Cape Town cruise. Just "early morning" in our shore excursion booklet. I would like a more precise time for arranging a private shore tour!

And through the power of Google, here is a link to the schedule for Port Louis which may provide guidance. No guarantees of accuracy from me, but 6am looks correct.

http://www.mauport.com/downloads/portsituation/PORTSITUATION.pdf

M-AR

Well I can't see what time the QM11 arrives in Port Louis on our upcoming Fremantle to Cape Town cruise. Just "early morning" in our shore excursion booklet. I would like a more precise time for arranging a private shore tour!

The private tour operators won't leave without you before the ship arrives even if it happens to be an hour or so later than anticipated. There is no way the Cunard or any other line can be absolutely certain they will arrive at some set time. Weather is always an unknown. The more important time (IMO) is when the ship is scheduled to depart and making sure your tour operator gets you back in time.:) Actually that normally should not be a problem either since no reputable tour operator wants to have their name associated with causing a passenger to miss a departure. However, this is a another reason for having good travel insurance just in case ...

Bob