Aquaspa Cafe

Vikstar

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is an additional charge to eat at the Aquaspa Cafe? Do you order from a menu or is it a buffet? Is it generally very busy? Thought it might be a good place to grab a healthier meal.

It is open for breakfast and lunch. On the Contellation ,it is in the Solarium where the covered pool is located. Same for the Equinox. I think lots of folks do not even know it is there. The area does have some tables nearby.

The one I really miss was on the Century, where it was its own cafe with wonderful views of the ocean. It was on the pool deck too.

Once the Aqua class cabins were introduced, the name of this cafe can be confusing about who can eat there. Anyone can eat at the AquaSpa cafe.

There is a charge for a few items. Yogurt sundaes and I think the smoothies. They are covered by the premium drink package. They will also grill salmon and chicken for you( no charge and delicious).

When we were on Constellation April of last year, they had the pork, chicken, salmon, and tuna to grill to order, but on all the other ships, they rotate only 3 items -- salmon, grilled shrimp (4), and a spiced Thai ground beef rolled in a lettuce leaf. It has certainly gone down hill from what it was a few years back. It used to be my favorite place for lunch, especially on embarkation day.

On the last few sailings I've been on, which were Summit, Solstice and Eclipse, they were no longer grilling items to order in the cafe. That was replaced with some other pre-made dishes that were no where near as good. I keep hoping the grilled salmon, chicken, etc would come back but I guess I'm out of luck there.

It is open for breakfast and lunch. On the Contellation ,it is in the Solarium where the covered pool is located. Same for the Equinox. I think lots of folks do not even know it is there. The area does have some tables nearby.

The one I really miss was on the Century, where it was its own cafe with wonderful views of the ocean. It was on the pool deck too.

Once the Aqua class cabins were introduced, the name of this cafe can be confusing about who can eat there. Anyone can eat at the AquaSpa cafe.

I too have fond memories of the AquaSpa Cafe on Century. The food was fresh and delicious.

I've tried it on the S class ships and I have been very disappointed.

My experience is when you order something from the grill, there is an extremely long wait. An unusually long wait. I think they have the idea that you'll be sitting, enjoying the atmosphere, perhaps grazing on the salad bar. But in my case, I was taking my lunch to another area, so there I sat. And waited. And when the food came, honestly, it was awful. The ground beef rolled in the lettuce was inedible, and the chicken was not good either. I don't like salmon so I can't comment on it.

I don't care for the area that they serve in. Sorry for the negativity!

Had I never had the experience on Century, I probably wouldn't be so negative.:(

I too have fond memories of the AquaSpa Cafe on Century. The food was fresh and delicious.

I've tried it on the S class ships and I have been very disappointed.

My experience is when you order something from the grill, there is an extremely long wait. An unusually long wait. I think they have the idea that you'll be sitting, enjoying the atmosphere, perhaps grazing on the salad bar. But in my case, I was taking my lunch to another area, so there I sat. And waited. And when the food came, honestly, it was awful. The ground beef rolled in the lettuce was inedible, and the chicken was not good either. I don't like salmon so I can't comment on it.

I don't care for the area that they serve in. Sorry for the negativity!

Had I never had the experience on Century, I probably wouldn't be so negative.:(

Unfortunately, I have to agree that it has gone downhill. We first tried it on the Constellation a few years ago (when everything was free) and really enjoyed it for breakfasts and lunch. However, on the Silhouette we found the quality and selection had gone down, plus they now charge for things that used to be free - i.e. yoghurt granola/fruit smoothies etc.