Silhouette transatlantic 11/14 review

Wj420

No small plates but their usual buffet with the smoked salmon, cheese, meats, pastries, smoothies, fruits, coffee, tea (which I prefer).

Monica

I found their pastries to be rock hard sitting under a heating light, I alway would pick up an apple turnover from Cafe Baco to have with my cappuccinos. I miss them mmmm

I was also on the Silhouette TA. Fabulous cruise!

We avoided the oceanview café for the most part, as it’s always a fight to get something.

Our experience in the oceanview cafe was quite different. It was our regular spot for breakfast, often for lunch, and twice for dinner when we just needed a break from a four-course sit down meal. We love the buffet set-up on S-class ships, and even when the place was crowded, there are so many stations that the lines moved quickly; it was never a hassle to get food. I particularly enjoy having a made-to-order omelette for breakfast, and the wait was never very long because of how efficiently this was handled at the two "Eggs and More" stations. Both my spouse and I thought the quality and variety of the food at the buffet was quite good.

Edited by Turtles06

Best yet. Except for 2 cities the weather was perfect on all sea days. Loved the Silhouette. I love good fish dishes and the MDR was consistently good in not overcooking them. Even the Indian curries in the Ocean Grill were tasty. Tuscan Grille has the best Mac and Cheese we have ever tasted yummo and I'm not a mac and cheese fan. Tried to find the recipe but no luck. Lecturers were very professional and fun. Entertainment was good on some evenings, better than normal. Room service - these guys should be in the pantheon of service personnel. Any request - done immediately. We had a nice 2 top by the window and enjoyed every moment. Late seating can be a problem as we age. Sometimes too tired to continue.

Getting ready to book next years TA.

Was Elite Breakfast, small plates or did they change back to buffet?

I will watching the pricing on 2015 TA[/quote,

I wouldn't count on the pricing going down. It seems TA's consistently go up in price. We're booked on the 10/31/15 TA and our price has gone up $1,800.00

I wouldn't count on the pricing going down. It seems TA's consistently go up in price. We're booked on the 10/31/15 TA and our price has gone up $1,800.00

Reference post 27?

My Pricing for TAs the last couple of years, in Canadian dollars ,

Equinox fall TA 2012, book inside for $599, up grade to balcony for $799

Silhouette Spring TA 2013 , Aqu , $999

Equinox fall TA 2013 , 1b, with 123go, $1149

Silhouette Spring TA 2014. Book inside $634 got up grade to balcony :D

I will wait see what prices are like , if I find one I like I will book

I've already posted about the absolutely fabulous time we had on this TA, but for a complete record, I just want to note a few examples of boorish behavior by other passengers. I realize this sort of stuff is not unique to Celebrity, and we certainly did not allow it to detract from our wonderful trip. In fact, mostly you have to laugh at things like this, or feel sorry for people who behave this way. And I hasten to add that such behavior was not the norm; most of the folks we met on board were wonderful. The folks in these examples -- not so much:

(1) One morning, a woman insisted that I get up from the vacant lounge chair on which I had just sat down because she was "in the process of" moving her towel onto it from someplace else. I guess I should have read her mind. I got up -- not worth having a hassle about something so stupid.

(2) Around 9 one morning, my spouse and I went up to the pool deck to read on loungers in the shade. It was a glorious day, and we were still there as noon approached. It turns out the ship was having a poolside BBQ lunch that day; we hadn't even realized this until the crew began setting up. Although the deck was quiet when we arrived, by lunchtime, every chair had been taken. Just as the food was about to be served, a huge guy came along, stood at the foot of my lounger, pointed to the bit of space where my short legs did not reach the bottom of the lounger, and said "is that taken?" WHAT? He was not kidding. "Is what taken?" I said (knowing what he meant). "THAT" he said again, pointing to the base of my chair. I just stared at him like he was crazy and he finally walked away.

(3) One afternoon, I went over to the Spa Cafe to get something for lunch. As I was looking at the choices, a guy in a bathing suit who did NOT have a shirt on and who had a huge chest and tons of long chest hair began serving himself fruit. His chest hairs were practically hanging in the food. It was totally gross. I went around to the other side of the counter to ask the server about whether they allowed shirtless people to serve themselves food. He did not seem to understand me, so I later spoke with Guest Relations, who had the Cafe Manager call me. He said the servers should be enforcing a "no shirt, no service" rule and that he would remind them. (The experience was so off-putting I could not bring myself to go back to the Spa Cafe for food again.)

(4) One evening, as my spouse and I were sitting in the theatre waiting for the show to begin, a woman came up to us and asked us if we would save TEN empty seats next to us for her and her friends (despite the "no reserving seats" rule that the staff announced periodically). We politely declined. She then seated herself in the middle of those seats and fended off anyone who tried to sit in them, prompting some minor altercations. She continued to do this even AFTER the lights had been turned down, the show had started, and her friends still hadn't shown up.

Feel free to add your own experiences.

Turtles06, I am amazed at all the experiences you had on board. The Aqua Spa cafe one is particularly revolting.

We had said near the end of the cruise that we hadn't met any rude people at all. Glad we escaped the ones you encountered.

I only met one grumpy guy at the oceanview one morning. When I asked him how his cruise was going, he answered that he was not enjoying it because there was too much water. Really??? I never knew that about a transatlantic. We are still laughing at that one.