Will the Boatyard be super crowded?

cdl324

We will be stopping in Barbados November 2nd, and my fiance/then husband is not too fond of crowds. The Boatyard sounds pretty cool, and seems like a great price for what you get. Plus I read that you can bargain with the locals to go snorkel with the turtles and get it cheaper than booking a tour ahead of time. Is this true also?!

Anyway, just wondering if it's super crowded and if there is any room on the beach when it is crowded?

Thanks in advance!

We will be stopping in Barbados November 2nd, and my fiance/then husband is not too fond of crowds. The Boatyard sounds pretty cool, and seems like a great price for what you get. Plus I read that you can bargain with the locals to go snorkel with the turtles and get it cheaper than booking a tour ahead of time. Is this true also?!

Anyway, just wondering if it's super crowded and if there is any room on the beach when it is crowded?

Thanks in advance!

I have never been to Barbados that time of year but would guess it is about mid-season. I guess it depends on your definition of crowded. It is never anywhere near as crowded as for example a cruise ship. If you want a beach where you have your own space it is certainly not that.

We were there in Feb and were able to get loungers/umbrella on the front row. Lots of folks there, but it did not feel crowded to us.

There are several other beach clubs on the same stretch of sand renting chairs/umbrellas if you feel that Boatyard looks too crowded when you arrive.

The last time we were there was November 2014. We got there around an hour after they opened. It was VERY crowded and got one of the last two chairs with an umbrella. We will probably go elsewhere this November.

• 2 weeks later...

Right next door is Lobster Alive, not as active as the Boatyard. It's also free and chairs for two are $20 I think. It is actually a restaurant but they have the beach with chairs and umbrellas so you have bar and restroom facilities.

You can still catch a boat out to the turtles to snorkel.

We're planning to go to Copacabana when we're there in November. We had a nice time there about 4 years ago, when $15 got you 2 chairs, 2 drinks, and 1 umbrella. The price might have gone up, but I've checked recent reviews and people still like it -- a lot! Super-clean bathrooms, even showers. It's on that same stretch of beach, but a little bit further down, away from The Boatyard. Quiet and relaxing. And we paid a local guy $20/each to get taken out, in a boat, to snorkel with the turtles, right over a couple of shipwrecks.

We were at the boatyard on September 1, and there is now a swim with the turtles boat that belongs to the boatyard - included in admission! Just sign up as you enter and they will call you over the PA system when it's your turn. We had a great time in the water and they supplied the snorkeling stuff. Saw at least 10 different turtles of all sizes and types in the 30 minutes we were in the water. They a have a safety boat there also, just in case.

Hal

I can't answer your question about the crowd (that can vary), but we were the only ship in port that day and it wasn't crowded at all.

We had an AMAZING day. Also, the boat ride out to the turtles IS INCLUDED in your admission to the Boatyard!!!

If you are interested in our day, my review is located HERE. There's TONS of pictures.

We were at the boatyard on September 1, and there is now a swim with the turtles boat that belongs to the boatyard - included in admission! Just sign up as you enter and they will call you over the PA system when it's your turn. We had a great time in the water and they supplied the snorkeling stuff. Saw at least 10 different turtles of all sizes and types in the 30 minutes we were in the water. They a have a safety boat there also, just in case.

Hal

You sold me.

Place looks like a young, hip place to hang out at.

Probably loud music? Not sure.

Going in Dec so it should be kinda quiet. Which we prefer.

Loved snorkeling with the turtles few yrs back.

But wanted to try a beach this time.

Nice they offer the boat ride.

This place might be it.

harbour lights barbados . com also offers snorkeling sea turtles, just not sure if you have to pay or not.

• 3 weeks later...

AWESOME on the sea turtle addition. We've been twice and are going back in February per my sons request.

One of our things we wanted to do this time was the turtles.

Music is never crazy loud

Usually happy hour is every other hour [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
I can't answer your question about the crowd (that can vary), but we were the only ship in port that day and it wasn't crowded at all.

We had an AMAZING day. Also, the boat ride out to the turtles IS INCLUDED in your admission to the Boatyard!!!

If you are interested in our day, my review is located HERE. There's TONS of pictures.

I can't seem to find it.

Tons of posts. Which is nice....

Wish there was a way you can hot link it directly.

I can't seem to find it.

Tons of posts. Which is nice....

Wish there was a way you can hot link it directly.

My entire signature line is reviews and you just find the one you want to see and click on the link and it takes you right to the review at the very beginning of it. 😉

My entire signature line is reviews and you just find the one you want to see and click on the link and it takes you right to the review at the very beginning of it. 😉

Thanks!

Found it.

Now for the questions. :o:D

Your link Reggae Carambola

Read that Reggae Beach Bar is located on Cockleshell Bay Beach, Spice Mill Bar is an upscale place (thinking of that as well)

Is Carambola a different spot?

Loved your snorkel pic. We are looking for a beach that offers that.

Want to make sure we go to the right place that you went to....

Do you remember the cost of taxi fare?

Rental of loungers / umbrellas?

Thanks!

Found it.

Now for the questions. :o:D

Your link Reggae Carambola

Read that Reggae Beach Bar is located on Cockleshell Bay Beach' date=' Spice Mill Bar is an upscale place (thinking of that as well)

Is Carambola a different spot?

Loved your snorkel pic. We are looking for a beach that offers that.

Want to make sure we go to the right place that you went to....

Do you remember the cost of taxi fare?

Rental of loungers / umbrellas?[/quote']

Glad you were able to find the links.

Yes, Carambola is a different beach and you come to it way before arriving at Cockelshell. (Cockelshell will be a few more "mountains" lol).

Carmabola is located at South Friars Bay. I will make you a map to show you the distance. There is a bit of a huge difference in time to get to each.

The cost of taxi's:

20160713TaxiRates_StKitts_Basseterre.jpg

Rental of Loungers and umbrellas are $10 each.