Think I'll hang out here from now on ....

Vic The Parrot

This board is a refreshing change from the infantile hi-jinks I encountered on another CC locale.

A good bunch of people here, and I'm glad to be part of this.

A big 'thank you' to everyone here! :) ;)

Are you sure? We're stodgy and old and infantile all at the same time! ;)

We've just pretended to be stuffy and tedious all this time to keep the riff raff out. You won't tattle, will you?

Welcome to the dark side, Vic. :)

Hey ya Vic...you know you belong here with all us degenerates and all around good folk....where else would one learn recipes for squirrel whatever & cat stew...the multiple uses for Pol Acker...the long running and maybe never ending literary tome, Murrrrderrrr....and original poetic efforts ranging from limericks to song? And I"m not even going to go into the fine fashion advice so freely given for the use of such fancies as sequined thongs, braided armpits (see May 6 roll call), denim ballgowns. THIS is the home of THREAD DRIFT....and if anyone can drift with the best of us it is you Vic....stray no more..this IS the promised land!:p We even talk about sailing on Cunard ships:D

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Hey ya Vic...you know you belong here with all us degenerates and all around good folk....where else would one learn recipes for squirrel whatever & cat stew...the multiple uses for Pol Acker...the long running and maybe never ending literary tome, Murrrrderrrr....and original poetic efforts ranging from limericks to song? And I"m not even going to go into the fine fashion advice so freely given for the use of such fancies as sequined thongs, braided armpits (see May 6 roll call), denim ballgowns. THIS is the home of THREAD DRIFT....and if anyone can drift with the best of us it is you Vic....stray no more..this IS the promised land!:p We even talk about sailing on Cunard ships:D

Cheers, Penny

Holy moly, Miz Penn-oly!

You got nearly all the elements in a paragraph or two. And to think that I finally joined this bunch back when you all were so stodgy and proper. :p

I even sort of liked Vic from the other message board. I like him much more now, since he's currently under our unholy influence. Oop, sorry. Quick! Act boring and stodgy, and get that orange cat out of here!

Speaking of Orange Cat--Vic! Oh Vic...! What other message board has a cat who posts messages and the participants reply? Any others? I think not....

....Sir Martin, you are still one of my favourite passengers, sort of, a little bit,would you like some champagne, have you seen those propellers?....how's about some snackies...?! :rolleyes:

This board is a refreshing change from the infantile hi-jinks I encountered on another CC locale.

A good bunch of people here, and I'm glad to be part of this.

A big 'thank you' to everyone here! :) ;)

What did we do to you over on HAL?

:confused: :(

Why are you here on Cunard? Just saying....but, yes, I'm asking.

'Cause I'm interested in QV...

...my boss booked her for next summer (I finally convinced her to book a cruise) and I'm considering doing the same the following year.

:)

Brian and Vic, nice to see you both here, I've been lurking here as of late.

After our Mexico trip in February I'd like to do an Alaska, then later in the year either a crossing or a 10 day Carribean on QM2.

The more we read about Cunard the more likely we are to move the crossing or Carribean trip up before Alaska.

What other message board has a cat who posts messages and the participants reply?

"A" cat Madam!! I'll thank you to remember that, whilst I am a relative newcomer and have not yet been formally accorded the ultimate CC accolade of being threatened with assassination, Sir Martin is not the only cat around these parts.

Yours aye,

Stanley

PS - apropos of assassination, I'd just like to point out to anyone out there bent on caticide that my human is a steely-eyed, trained, professional killer (retd) and touch typist; and if I get so much as a whiff of a plot, I will send him round (accompanied by some of his chums from the Scottish Mafia) to bore you to death!!!

At first it was a trickle.

Then a steady stream.

Then a might flood.

Then a raging torent.

And finally, all humanity and one, sorry, two cats did dwelleth on the Cunard Board.

All hail Cunard.

HAIL!

HAIL!

HAIL!

Oh beautiful, oh mighty ships

That sail the seven seas...................

Hi Brian:).

I personally could do without NoNoN and a few of the others on the HAL board that seem hell bent on agitating and insulting HAL's traditional clients and regular posters:(.

I have been observing here on the Cunard board for a while and just started posting here. It seems to be a very civilized group of folks and I look forward to the same experience on board including a real dress code!

I second that ....

All rise for our anthem, which will be performed by HappyScot! :D

I did that one, already. Oh God, I'm quoting myself.............. To the America, America tune:

Cunardians, Cunardians

Sailors of the Queens.

We cross the oceans mighty

On the best ships ever seen.

We all like gin and tonic

We all have silly laughs. (insert chorus of silly laughs)

We all wear dinner jackets

Even in the bath.

Our leader is Sir Martin

He is a talking cat.

He likes to meet the Captain

He likes to tell him that:

We're Cunardians, Cunardians

We all know lots about wine. (big finish now)

Cunardians, Cunardians

Cruisers of the Line.

I'm not at liberty to talk about it here. Let's just say I'm disgusted with a few things, namely the actions and attitudes of some of my so-called "friends".

We'll talk about it more at a better time. Thanks for your concern.

Cunardians, Cunardians
Sailors of the Queens.
We cross the oceans mighty
On the best ships ever seen.
We all like gin and tonic
We all have silly laughs. (insert chorus of silly laughs)
We all wear dinner jackets
Even in the bath.

Our leader is Sir Martin
He is a talking cat.
He likes to meet the Captain
He likes to tell him that:
We're Cunardians, Cunardians
We all know lots about wine. (big finish now)
Cunardians, Cunardians
Cruisers of the Line.[/quote]

Happyscot your talents always amaze me :p I LOVE our Cunard anthem!

I enjoy the camaraderie here, and both of you are numero uno in my book. :)

Awwww Vic...I'm blushing!! :o You silver tongued devil...you say the nicest things!!! ;)

Please do make a scene when they pull you off on Nov 10th so I know who you are...I do so love a good scene complete with wailing and shrieking!;)

And I agree with you about that other place...thought about testing one of their ships (briefly I might add) so I lurked...and left!!! I like us here better...not to mention that slight addiction problem I have for QM2!!:D

Cheers, Penny

Archived