Beach + Snorkeling

Swayde

They just want a beach. My mom won't go on a small boat. I am extremely amazed she likes cruising. She's afraid of the water, rather whats in it, and gets sick so easily from any type of motion. It's a good idea, just won't work for us. We need to take a cab, bus or walk to a beach that has some decent snorkeling accessible if my husband and I swim to it.

We have the same situation for our ports -- snorkelers and non-snorkelers in our group.

Here's a webpage I've done for Antigua. Just under the photos is "Our Plans" with 3 links to the beaches we're considering. We'll probable go to the Coconut Beach Club AI but the other beaches look great too.

As you can see at the top of my webpages, I've complied the information from various websites so the information is only as accurate and current as the original websites. Be sure to specifically verify any details that are important for your group.

Edited by candydane

I'm not positive, but I've read that the snorkeling in Antigua isn't really that good because the water is pretty "milky". I know at the Coconut Beach Club there was no one snorkeling this year while we were there.

That's what I am finding as well. There are a few places that aren't as bad as most, but they are far from the port and expensive taxi rides to get to so probably just pick a pretty beach to swim and relax on for the day. At least St. Thomas has great snorkeling and Nassau is okay.

How was the Coconut Beach Club? We are thinking about going there is November. Any details you can provide is greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Lots and lots of info with a quick search :):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2002391&highlight=coconut+beach+club

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1983241&highlight=coconut+beach+club

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If the sea is calm, you can snorkel at Long Bay beach. It is a bit of a distance from the port but is a lovely beach.

That was where we were advised to go for snorkeling too... shared a cab... not bad for beach entry snorkeling

fyi, follow underwater growth out to the right to reach the reef for good snorkeling without too much effort... I swam out, against the waves, over blank sand, and got very tired out... until I noticed the people heading out over the dark area... much easier!

Also they do charge separately for chairs and umbrellas. We just laid a towel on the sand!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
We have the same situation for our ports -- snorkelers and non-snorkelers in our group.

Here's a webpage I've done for Antigua. Just under the photos is "Our Plans" with 3 links to the beaches we're considering. We'll probable go to the Coconut Beach Club AI but the other beaches look great too.

As you can see at the top of my webpages, I've complied the information from various websites so the information is only as accurate and current as the original websites. Be sure to specifically verify any details that are important for your group.

This webpage is amazing and so helpful! Thank you for sharing what was obviously a lot of work compiling and researching!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Wow! Just went through your webpage, what a lot of great information!! So very helpful. We are leaving on our cruise in two weeks so now I know I can reserve spots at some beach clubs and have a great time in places where we have not booked excursions.

Thank you for sharing such a great resource!!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...