Pride Questions

BigWino

Leaving Sunday on the Pride. A couple questions:

1. Our embarkation paperwork indicates an 11-1130 arrival time. We are traveling by Uber from about 45 minutes away. Am I correct that the earliest one can board this ship is around 1pm?

We booked too late for FTTF and sitting around the Port of Baltimore does not sound like great fun to us. What is the best time to arrive where we will be able to check in and then just walk onto the ship?

2. Somehow we got put into late dining. Will we be able to change this to Our Time Dining or Early Dining? What is the procedure? What if we show up earlier than our late seating time?

Thanks!

If your paperwork says 11 to 1130 then that is when you should show up. I believe we actually boarded about noon but there are plenty of seats and they'll have light refreshments available (cookies, lemonade, water). As for dining I understand you go to talk to the maitre'd sometime after boarding and he will change your dining assignment if he can or add you to the wait list if he can't. We enjoyed the Pride and are currently looking at booking her again for 2018.

Thanks for your feedback. Came up with a couple more questions:

1. What night is the lobster served on the American Feast menu?

2. Are there fridges in the room? If not what's our best bet for cooling off a bottle of wine for dinner? The ice buckets are usually too small.

Question 2: "What if we show up early for our late seating time?"

If the Maitre D' is not able to change you from Late Dining and you show up early, you will just have to wait for your Late Dining seating. They will be full and busy with the Early Dining and cannot seat or serve you. Likewise, they will not allow you in the ATD Dining Room since you are booked for Late Dining. You can't "pick-and-choose".

1. We have been on the Pride 5 times and the earliest we boarded was around 11:00. I would suggest to get up early and monitor the ship's arrival on one of the tracking website. They should start boarding around three hours after arrival.

2. I would email your request to the Maitre d' at prmaitred@carnival.com about two weeks before your cruise. Keep in mind they are not required to reply or you can make your request to the Maitre d' on the first day of the cruise. I would email. Showing up early will not get you in the early seating.

3. While we were on the Pride the lobster was available on the first elegant night, which has been on Monday.

4. There are mini refrigerator in the balcony rooms. Keep in mind there will be a corkage fee if you take your wine to the MDR.

Enjoy your cruise, have fun and relax!

Edited by JMAE

1. What night is the lobster served on the American Feast menu? It was on second night (Monday) our waiter encouraged me to order two, then tried to bring me a 3rd one which I declined. There was a second elegant night, I think Friday- but no lobster.

2. Are there fridges in the room? If not what's our best bet for cooling off a bottle of wine for dinner? The ice buckets are usually too small.

The fridge are just a step below room temperature, an ice bucket is definitely your best bet, unless you want to bring a small soft sided cooler from home and have the room steward get you ice.

Pride is a wonderful ship, not the biggest or fanciest but it is enjoyable. Baltimore Port is a breeze, and with staggered check in don't expect to have terrible crowds.

Any other questions let me know, we were on it 3 weeks ago!

1. What night is the lobster served on the American Feast menu?

lobster will be served on the first elegant night. on the pride it will be on the first sea day on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks, we usually self-assist, just was hoping to get off a little earlier. Not that I want to leave.... lol

The Baltimore cruises do not get back to port until 8:30 to 9am, which is later then most ports. Basically 9:30 is about the best you can hope for.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you get a extra balcony chair. We booked a July 2nd cruise out of baltimore to Bermuda. We would like a extra balcony chair. Can you get those?

You 'might' be able to get one, but if you have a regular sized balcony, things will be tight.

• 2 weeks later...

We had an "extended balcony" on our Pride cruise and the balcony already had an extra chair. It was mismatched and we thought it was from the last cruise and would perhaps be collected, but it was still there when we disembarked. In a suite you will likely find three chairs or two chairs and a lounger...