best place to get seafood in Galveston??

stephic411

I just googled it and Joe's Crab Shack came up rated #15 out of 198 restaurants in Galveston.

Iv been to Joe's Crab in Dallas and we loved it and its good fun but not fancy... and we shared a HUGE dessert. ... it is a chain, but a fun one.

I think Gaidos is the best known for seafood.

I just googled it and Joe's Crab Shack came up rated #15 out of 198 restaurants in Galveston.

Iv been to Joe's Crab in Dallas and we loved it and its good fun but not fancy... and we shared a HUGE dessert. ... it is a chain, but a fun one.

I think Gaidos is the best known for seafood.

Gaido's hands-down is the best in Galveston. It's a staple on the island and has been for many, many years. I love their shrimp bisque! Joe's Crab Shack is a chain and you can get that anywhere.

Gaido's gets our vote for seafood. We also love the Olympia Grill for greek food. Olympia Grill has opened a new restaurant in the Harbor House Hotel at Pier 21 on Galveston's waterfront. We are staying at Harbor House the night of Feb 20, 2010 pre cruise for our Voyager cruise. So, we will probably have dinner at the new Olympia Grill.

Hypo

Gaido's gets our vote for seafood. We also love the Olympia Grill for greek food. Olympia Grill has opened a new restaurant in the Harbor House Hotel at Pier 21 on Galveston's waterfront. We are staying at Harbor House the night of Feb 20, 2010 pre cruise for our Voyager cruise. So, we will probably have dinner at the new Olympia Grill.

Hypo

Olympia Grill is a good restaurant also. I haven't been to the new one since it opened at Harbor House...we have only eaten at the old one on Seawall Blvd. Hope they do a good business down by the pier.

I have heard a a lot of good things about Gaido's also..my boyfriend wanted to go to Landry's but that is a chain correct? I think we should stay away from the chains..not sure when we will ever be back to Galveston again so I want to make the most of it!:)

So I am wanting to find the best place to get seafood.. the only place we have to go here in Columbia Missouri for seafood is red lobster..lol:rolleyes:. I am mainly focused on crab legs. Thanks for the help!

Best restaurants in Galveston in my opinion are

1. Rudi and Pacos...white table cloths... no shorts.....

central american seafood, and steaks.... 20st Post Office Downtown

2. Gaidos see other thread...... legendary and wonderful ..Seawall

3. Olympia Grill ....views are great and wonderful greek food,

seafood, and steaks..... on Port

4. Willie G's is owned by Landrys ....... on Port

but is their upscale restaurant in galveston,

better than others in chain here ..... on port

5. Shearns on top of Moody Gardens views great....white table cloths

6. Saltwater Grill .....Seafood assortments, soups, bisques. gumbos........ 20th Post Office St Downtown

7. Sky Bar ..... Sushi and Steaks........ 21st Post Office Downtown

8. Steak Restaurant in San Luis Hotel ....Seawall

Italian:

9. Luigi's ......Strand downtown

10. DiBellas....... 31st and O..... locals haunt and in old house

All GOOD

Check menus on internet for crab.

FYI :D

The Landry Restaurants in Galveston are

Fish Tales

Willie G's Seafood

Joes Crab Shack (Landry sold chain but retained locations in Galveston)

Landrys Seafood

Saltgrass Steakhouse

Fishermans Wharf

The Steakhouse

Rainforest Cafe

International House of Pancakes

And coming soon will be one or two on Treasure Pier (old Flagship Hotel location........ when it is totally redone next year..... with amusement park and hotel and restaurants)

This is not an advertisment but for information purposes only !!!!!!!!

If nothing else to say thank you to them for a quick recovery after the hurricane IKE.....

for they had their restaurants back up and running very very quickly.

They are all good

We've been to both Willie G's and Fisherman's Wharf. Both were good, but in different ways. Willie G's is more trendy and eclectic, Fisherman's Wharf, more down home.....we were staying next door at the Harbor House, so we just walked over. We had a great pre-cruise experience:)

Best restaurants in Galveston in my opinion are

1. Rudi and Pacos...white table cloths... no shorts.....

central american seafood, and steaks.... 20st Post Office Downtown

2. Gaidos see other thread...... legendary and wonderful ..Seawall

3. Olympia Grill ....views are great and wonderful greek food,

seafood, and steaks..... on Port

4. Willie G's is owned by Landrys ....... on Port

but is their upscale restaurant in galveston,

better than others in chain here ..... on port

5. Shearns on top of Moody Gardens views great....white table cloths

6. Saltwater Grill .....Seafood assortments, soups, bisques. gumbos........ 20th Post Office St Downtown

7. Sky Bar ..... Sushi and Steaks........ 21st Post Office Downtown

8. Steak Restaurant in San Luis Hotel ....Seawall

Italian:

9. Luigi's ......Strand downtown

10. DiBellas....... 31st and O..... locals haunt and in old house

All GOOD

Check menus on internet for crab.

I'll have to put this list in "favorites". So much food and so little time.:rolleyes:

The Landry Restaurants in Galveston are

Fish Tales

Willie G's Seafood

Joes Crab Shack (Landry sold chain but retained locations in Galveston)

Landrys Seafood

Saltgrass Steakhouse

Fishermans Wharf

The Steakhouse

Rainforest Cafe

International House of Pancakes

And coming soon will be one or two on Treasure Pier (old Flagship Hotel location........ when it is totally redone next year..... with amusement park and hotel and restaurants)

This is not an advertisment but for information purposes only !!!!!!!!

If nothing else to say thank you to them for a quick recovery after the hurricane IKE.....

for they had their restaurants back up and running very very quickly.

They are all good

Just an FYI, Willie G's and Fisherman's Wharf were there long before Landry existed. I don't know how much of their original flavor they were allowed to retain.

Just an FYI, Willie G's and Fisherman's Wharf were there long before Landry existed. I don't know how much of their original flavor they were allowed to retain.

Landry's existed long before they decided to open Willie G's and Fisherman's Wharf. The original Landry's was on the Seawall closer to Broadway than where it is now. For a while both of them were open but I think the old one is now closed. There used to be absolutely nothing down on the pier where Willie G's and Fisherman's Wharf are now...you used to be able to catch a ride on the paddle wheel boat that is now at Moody Gardens and take a tour of Galveston Bay. I don't think I'm wrong about this one...how about it Galveston Cruiser???

Landry's existed long before they decided to open Willie G's and Fisherman's Wharf. The original Landry's was on the Seawall closer to Broadway than where it is now. For a while both of them were open but I think the old one is now closed. There used to be absolutely nothing down on the pier where Willie G's and Fisherman's Wharf are now...you used to be able to catch a ride on the paddle wheel boat that is now at Moody Gardens and take a tour of Galveston Bay. I don't think I'm wrong about this one...how about it Galveston Cruiser???

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Landry's is a legendary name in the food industry in Louisiana.

The Landry family began it’s tradition in the seafood business with the first Landry restaurant in Lafayette, Louisiana in 1947. There are now 24 restaurants, two of which are in New Orleans: one at the lake address and one in the French Quarter.

The family restaurants in Cajun country are

not financially part of the Landry's Group,

a listed publicly held company on the stock exchange.

As I understand, Tillman Fetitta (Landry Group)

got involved in restaurant business with Landry family

in the Willie G's Restaurant on Post Oak Street in Houston.

He then bought out Landry family of Willie G's,

and he grew the business from there.

In 1992, Landry’s (Tillman) had only 5 units.

Today, they are the second largest seafood restaurant chain in America, second only to Red Lobster Restaurants, and is a listed publicly held company on the stock exchange. Tillman now is trying to delist the stock, and privatize the stock by personally buying back all the publicly held stock.

He also owns the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas, and is posturing himself for gambling in Texas with interests in Galveston , if gambling is approved by the legislature.

This year he will be remodeling the Flagship pier in Galveston on the Gulf.

He also owns a number of Hotels in Galveston also. And his family is a legendary family of Galveston also.

Archived