Crab Shack- Regal Princess

coolcruiser777

I know that you cannot pre-book Crab Shack reservations online, but we are trying to make reservations for other specialty restaurants and do not want to book them on Crab Shack night. We are sailing this fall on the seven night Western Caribbean itinerary (more information can be found in my signature). Does anyone who sailed on this itinerary know which night(s) the Crab Shack is open?

On a side note- a member of our party has no interest in seafood. Would they charge her the $29 just to sit with us at the table even if she brings her own food in from the buffet?

Thanks

On a side note- a member of our party has no interest in seafood. Would they charge her the $29 just to sit with us at the table even if she brings her own food in from the buffet?

Thanks

There has been at least one post saying that a person was not allowed to bring buffet food into the Crab Shack area. Not sure which ship that was.

Make reservation once on board. The reservation line should know which nights it's on.

When I was on the Royal they let one member eat buffet at the table no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the replies. I figured out that it happens during every formal night.

I've never seen if offered on a formal night & on a recent cruise on the Star during a 15 day cruise (10 sea days) it was only offered twice.

My experience has been that since the price increased by 53% ($19 to $29) that it's not offered as often. That could be the result of fewer passengers (like me) who won't pay the same amount as for dinner at the Crown Grill & Sabatini's

On our 15 day Hawaii cruise last month (Grand, April), it was offered three times, always on a sea day. However, considering that the Hawaii cruise had basically 10 sea days, that may not be accurate for other itineraries.

I thought it was well worth the $29 up charge, great food and service. We had done Crab Shack on the Coral in 2016 and this time it was MUCH better, on the Grand.

Formal nights will most likely be day 3, at sea, and day 5, Grand Cayman, sailing time 4pm. The Crab Shack will most likely be offered day 4, Jamaica, and one other evening, maybe the last evening a sea day, or the 1st evening after Princess Cays. Probably not Cozemel as the port time is 10am to 10pm.

Unlikely the staff will allow seating in the Crab Shack area for those not involved. Ask on board.