shorts in MDR

curtisbug

On our cruise last week we even saw people in shorts on elegant night. Although you may be in the minority on elegant night, people dressed in shorts were not turned away. Most were dressed in dress shirts and pants though.

:confused::confused: polo shirts and tommy bahama shorts. I wear suits to work ervery day and feel like being casual for my 8 night cruise. what do you think? go ahead give it to me;)

We just returned from the Elation cruise and there were t-shirts and shorts in our dining room. It wasn't us, but who really cares? I am not the Carnival dress code police and I don't want to be either. So unless Carnival see fit to have a problem with their dress...who am I to care?

Enjoy your cruise! Be comfortable, be yourself and have a smooth sailing.

I have two tuxes with many formal shirts still in my closet that I no longer wear and have no desire to do so again. But I know there are those out there to whom its a major crime for someone else not to dress to the nines on "elegant night". I wore a pair of dress slacks and a button up shirt with no tie or coat on our elegant night. The rest of the time I wore cargo shorts and a polo shirt in the MDR. The food still tasted wonderful.

You can check my review.

I heard them announce no baseball caps in the MDR but they didnt enforce it. Im from the old school where its polite to remove your hat in a restaurant. I can see if its a cowboy hat, but a baseball hat I think should be removed while you eat dinner.

shorts, anything else Im ok with.

I did see them on RCL tell a couple of teens to turn their hats around. They said backwards caps like that was gang style, so they made them turn the hat regular. I dont know.. I think caps should come off.

Does it really hurt that much to dress up a little for dinner (pants and a collared shirt)?

Yes why should it really matter ? I can look just as nice in a pair of shorts than you can in pants..

I'm sorry, but I think wearing shorts in the dining room falls into the same category as wearing pajamas/sweat pants out in public.

Than hope you and I never book the same cruise ill be in shorts every night I'm allowed in the door. Past 3 cruisers didn't even back a pair of pants

This is not the Seabourn board. Go ahead! Wear your shorts! It's Carnival!

P.S. at least make sure they are not all wrinkled and you pair them with a collared shirt. :o

Than hope you and I never book the same cruise ill be in shorts every night I'm allowed in the door. Past 3 cruisers didn't even back a pair of pants

Im not surprised Carnival let you in with shorts on when it was elegant night.

They don't want to upset any pax since they might choose another cruise line next time and Carnival would lose your $299 fare and all the extras you'd buy onboard.

Bill

:confused::confused: polo shirts and tommy bahama shorts. I wear suits to work ervery day and feel like being casual for my 8 night cruise. what do you think? go ahead give it to me;)

absolutely... perfect for the MDR

BTW re: seabourn... you are very likey to see that exact outfit worn on seabourn

You should be asking your wife/partner. How you dress reflects how you feel about being her accessory.

Referring to a dress code simply tells you what others for the most part are wearing. And there are some restictions.

I heard them announce no baseball caps in the MDR but they didnt enforce it. Im from the old school where its polite to remove your hat in a restaurant. I can see if its a cowboy hat, but a baseball hat I think should be removed while you eat dinner.

shorts, anything else Im ok with.

I did see them on RCL tell a couple of teens to turn their hats around. They said backwards caps like that was gang style, so they made them turn the hat regular. I dont know.. I think caps should come off.

Cowboy hats? Does anyone actually wear those in the 21st century?

Cowboy hats? Does anyone actually wear those in the 21st century?

Well,i'll tell ya pilgrim !!!!!!!!!!! You bettcha, telling a cowboy he can't wear his hat ,would be as bad as telling a Scot, he can't wear a kilt. :p :)

Ever been to Texas?

Anyway for the life of me I can't understand why people fuss about clean shorts.. You can keep fussing but ill keep wearing so lets call a truce?

Yep, Been three times. Reminds me I did see one guy in a Cowboy Hat circa 1992 but he kept on disgustingly spitting on the ground and babbling on about Mexicans so I put it down to a rogue loon.

Archived