Jewel is a Jewel!

We recently returned from sailing on the Jewel. I must say it was such a great cruise The staff was extremely friendly and could not have done enough for us.

As we usually we flew in the day before and got in to Ft Lauderdale in the late afternoon.

We arrived at the pier at 11:30 am the next day.. and didn't get on the ship for about 45 minutes or so..

After getting on the ship we changed into our swim suits and got ourselves a drink, after we relaxed a bit we went to the Windjammer for a little lunch.

Our Suite was ready so we went up see it..We were staying in the Owners Suite 1558 on Deck 10. It was amazing!!!!! Joyce our Room Attendant was wonderful!

More Later!!!! I will answer any questions if you need me to and I will try to answer as many as I can! ( If I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

Good to hear you had a great cruise:)

We love the Jewel and the staff just get it right;)

Did you use the new Suite Lounge and if so how was it? if you have any pictures that would be great

TIA

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

We recently returned from sailing on the Jewel. I must say it was such a great cruise The staff was extremely friendly and could not have done enough for us.

As we usually we flew in the day before and got in to Ft Lauderdale in the late afternoon.

We arrived at the pier at 11:30 am the next day.. and didn't get on the ship for about 45 minutes or so..

After getting on the ship we changed into our swim suits and got ourselves a drink' date=' after we relaxed a bit we went to the Windjammer for a little lunch.

Our Suite was ready so we went up see it..We were staying in the Owners Suite 1558 on Deck 10. It was amazing!!!!! Joyce our Room Attendant was wonderful!

More Later!!!! I will answer any questions if you need me to and I will try to answer as many as I can! ( If I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

Joyce is one of the best of the best. She was our attendant in 2011 and we always try to find her onboard when we go back. Glad you had such a wonderful time on our favorite ship!

Good to hear you had a great cruise:)

We love the Jewel and the staff just get it right;)

Did you use the new Suite Lounge and if so how was it? if you have any pictures that would be great

TIA

Happy Days!

I am currently on Jewel. Lounge is Concierge Lounge for Suite, D+ and Pinnacle. No Suite Lounge. Inside is like others Radiance Class CL. Outside is nice with L Shape seating area and 2 small, low tables and chairs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Am I missing something' date=' Jewel in [u']Ft Lauderdale[/u]??

Am I missing something, Jewel in Ft Lauderdale??

Not any more; she's on her way to Rome, where we will be lucky enough to board on the 13th. ;)

Glad to hear of the wonderful Jewel experience. We're chompin' on the bit to see her!

I am currently on Jewel. Lounge is Concierge Lounge for Suite, D+ and Pinnacle. No Suite Lounge. Inside is like others Radiance Class CL. Outside is nice with L Shape seating area and 2 small, low tables and chairs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Suzy thanks for info

So they have kept the name as CL, but moved now with an outdoor seating area

As well

What is in place of the CL that was on deck 10 near the centrum, with no outdoor area

TIA

Suzy thanks for info

So they have kept the name as CL, but moved now with an outdoor seating area

As well

What is in place of the CL that was on deck 10 near the centrum, with no outdoor area

TIA

They made it into a suite.

Am I missing something, Jewel in Ft Lauderdale??

This was just a fill in cruise after the dry dock for 4 nights prior to the ship doing the TA for repositioning to Europe.

Jewel is generally in San Juan or elsewhere during the winter months.

KathyT

After getting on the ship we changed into our swim suits and got ourselves a drink' date=' after we relaxed a bit we went to the Windjammer for a little lunch.

.[/quote']

Agree with the title to your thread. We really like the Jewel a lot. Sailed her September 2015 and doing a B2B Cruise on her April 2017.

What category Bob?

Would be a nice size room with a great coffee machine;)

And no Balcony

I cannot tell the category. It's stateroom 1054, and it's colored blue, but it looks like a slightly different blue than the JS or OS.

EDIT: It looks like it's not a suite after all. It's an FO, Family Oceanview, no balcony.

Edited by clarea

I cannot tell the category. It's stateroom 1054, and it's colored blue, but it looks like a slightly different blue than the JS or OS.

EDIT: It looks like it's not a suite after all. It's an FO, Family Oceanview, no balcony.

Thanks Bob

Makes sense being an OV with no balcony, but a nice location and I would imagine will become prime real estate:)

This was just a fill in cruise after the dry dock for 4 nights prior to the ship doing the TA for repositioning to Europe.

Jewel is generally in San Juan or elsewhere during the winter months.

KathyT

Some how I missed this one. Might have booked it if we had known. We did the Adventure out of Miami when she came out of dry dock and did the 4 and 7 nighters before going over the pond.

Edited by Tagsalong

Thanks for the gorgeous photo Sue! The outdoor seating area looks so comfy. We're on Jewel next Friday and have access to this spot so let's cross our fingers for good weather. I want to be there!!!!

After we checked out our suite we changed for dinner then went back for another drink and sat in the Solarium for a bit... We then went to the Main Dining for dinner 6:00 seating... Our waiter and asst. waiter were absolutely amazing, Eder and Adrian. It was Adrian first cruise. I know some people who really treat the staff like servants (it upsets me to no end!!!) These guys were so much fun! By the end of the cruise we were so happy that they had our table because this was one of the reason it made our cruise so amazing! When I say Jewel is a Jewel the main reason is that I have never been on a ship with a friendlier crew!!!!! The staff is so friendly and so happy! More later!:D