Liberty engine issue

allydown

We are currently on the liberty of the seas, February 23rd sailing out of Fort Lauderdale .. Yesterday it was announced that they are experiencing Engine problems and are now at a reduced speed ..because of this reduce speed they had to cancel the port stop in Ocho Rios Jamaica and continue on right to Fort Lauderdale in order to arrive home on Saturday. So a total of 3 sea days and only one port .. For our inconvenience they are issuing a credit to the onboard account an average of $100 for inside state room 200 for balcony. Let's just say there's a lot of unhappy people on board. I just wanted to give some people a heads up in case they were on the next cruise for the ship because it might not be fixed in time

We were on Liberty 2 weeks ago, Feb 9-14. My husband (a diesel mechanic on large machines & oversized trucks) commented several times over our 5 day cruise that he thought that the ship was having engine troubles, especially when accelerating after leaving a port. By the last day I could feel a rumble that made my glass of soda shake while we were eating at Johnny Rockets.

Sorry you didn't get to make it to all your ports.

Bob

Do you know if Liberty is due a drydock sometime?

Wonder if this is the same pod issue that the others are having.... Maybe do that semi-dry dock like Oasis did.

I thought someone posted sometime in early 2016.

I thought someone posted sometime in early 2016.

I believe the dry dock will take place in January 2016. The last cruise before dry dock appears to leave on Jan 3, and the first cruise after appears to leave on Feb 7.

But that is a very long time to have the ship run with reduced speed. I wonder if they will bring her for a short dry dock just to fix the issue?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

They have told us very little .. The ship is moving so slowly .. It literally feels like it's stopped ..thank god it's calm seas !! The wifi stinks so I can't pull up its current location .. But I hope we make it back to fll in time !!! A lot of guests are upset with what they offered $200 credit to your acct for a balcony .. And toucan take it as cash if you want , you don't have to spend it on board .. Can somebody tell me where we currently are and if we have enough time to make it back ?

They have told us very little .. The ship is moving so slowly .. It literally feels like it's stopped ..thank god it's calm seas !! The wifi stinks so I can't pull up its current location .. But I hope we make it back to fll in time !!! A lot of guests are upset with what they offered $200 credit to your acct for a balcony .. And toucan take it as cash if you want , you don't have to spend it on board .. Can somebody tell me where we currently are and if we have enough time to make it back ?

Do you have a clue about the actual speed of the ship. Don't they show it on the tv monitor?

jc

Great news! Boarding Liberty on Saturday...I hope.... Should have stuck with Carnival.

I think you are better of with RCL, you might miss a port of call but you will not end up stuck in the middle of the ocean with a power black out :D

Liberty is out of range of any of the vessel tracking websites that I'm aware of.

The tv channel that is suppose to show the ships whereabouts is frozen on an inactive screen .. Still showing the ship at port in Haiti .. If I was in a car it would feel like 5 mph .. I will say .. The staff has been excellent and I feel well taken care of .. Weather is great , food is great , ship is gorgeous , it's just a little unsettling to have engine problems at sea .. We just want to make sure we will make our flights home ( forgive my typing errors I'm doing this on an iPhone with really spotty Wi-Fi coverage that doesn't allow for auto correct)

When Freedom had similar engine issues, did they cancel cruises or just reduce ports? I am hoping that my cruise on Saturday still goes out and they just cut a port out (probably Belize as it's further)

Port times were reduced. For the Freedom it affected the Eastern itinerary more than the Western. Hard to say to what extent it will affect Liberty's ports.