Aft Cabins on the Jewel

I have booked a 3 night cruise out of San Juan next April. I had heard that the aft cabins on the Jewel are great because the ship backs into the ports so you have a great view coming and going. Is this true? Right now we have a D2 Superior Balcony mid-ship on the Port side and didn't know if I should change it. We have never stayed in am aft cabin before. Any advice welcome!:rolleyes:

No guarantee that the captain will back the ship into its port slip, but when that happens, the view from the aft is usually pretty darn good. It is a great deal of fun (to me) to watch the shore line fade into the distance when you leave a port.

Over the years, I have read many post about the Aft cabins. My wife and I will have one on the Radiance 2018 Hawaii to Vancouver. The Aft cabin are almost a cult following with some cruisers. We will find out in 2018.

There are a number of threads on aft cabins. This thread covers aft rooms on all RC ships.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1243860

The D1 afts on jewel have larger/deeper balconies than most. Most agree that 9256 and 8168 are highly sought after.

Brilliance 9256

17c89449f3b0ad5e58b350bebec885f6.jpg

d83126d42598857bb4585ecc6e064013.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Aft cabins are wonderful on the Radiance class ships, especially in Alaska.

Agree...have had a few...also on the Baltic cruise we did...amazing sail-n-out of Stockholm from my favorite #1100 :D

Aft cabins are wonderful on the Radiance class ships, especially in Alaska.

I agree. On the Voyager and Freedom class, there is a lot of ship structure back there, especially on decks below 10. Not as fond of those. We have had cabin 1100 on the Brilliance and it is our favorite cabin on any ship we have been on.

We were aft on the Vision in Alaska and the Legend in Europe. Those cabins were great also.

mac_tlc

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off an aft cabin (9174) on the Pearl. Sometimes you back in, sometimes you don't. We had great fun watching the cast off either way.

What is GRRAT about an aft cabin on an Alaskan cruise is the lack of wind. We spent so much time on our balcony in t shirts when everyone was bundled everywhere else. The views are also incredible. Saw so much...wildlife and scenery.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Aft JS 1602 on Jewel...

Thanks so much for posting this! We LOVE aft cabins and booked this very one for the back to backs next summer. I've been watching prices and wondering if I should upgrade to a larger suite, but I think this one is a keeper.

Yes, no doubt it is a good one. We've stayed in an OS on Jewel, a hump GS on Brilliance and this aft JS on Jewel. This cabin tied for our favorite with the OS - the aft view almost makes it better. Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...