Internet package --timing of purchase

moki'smommy

If I purchase an internet package in advance, I can get some "free" minutes included.

I've read posts saying that if you purchase on day 1 on board it is the same as if you'd purchased in advance. Can anyone verify whether this is accurate or not?

Being Platinum, I'm waiting until I board the ship. My 7 day cruise gets me 150 free minutes.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipBenefits.page

On our April Royal TA we received our 250 free minutes and option to purchase additional 200 at $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can't preorder your Platinum minutes before the cruise so you must wait until you get on board. When you first login once on board you will get a very good offer to purchase additional minutes. If you think you will need more than the complementary Platinum minutes do it then. You can't get that offer even 5 minutes later and purchasing more minutes later will be much more expensive. Edited by IECalCruiser

You can't preorder your Platinum minutes before the cruise so you must wait until you get on board. When you first login once on board you will get a very good offer to purchase additional minutes. If you think you will need more than the complementary Platinum minutes do it then. You can't get that offer even 5 minutes later and purchasing more minutes later will be much more expensive.

Thanks so much for that tidbit of valuable info! Our first platinum cruise is coming up, and that's quite a bargain for the extra minutes! That may be enough to do a LIVE as we go around Cape Horn! Woohooo! :D

Thanks so much for that tidbit of valuable info! Our first platinum cruise is coming up, and that's quite a bargain for the extra minutes! That may be enough to do a LIVE as we go around Cape Horn! Woohooo! :D
Enjoy your South American cruise! We sailed from BA to Valparaiso and back on the Star in 2010 and it was a fantastic cruise, despite the Chilean Earthquake! Edited by IECalCruiser