Lightsabers?

Red84

I wouldn't bring them. Someone might think it's a weapon! There have been instances where kids have been expelled from school for pointing their FINGER like a gun....it would be terrible if commonsense was overruled and you were thrown off the ship. Which could happen if they decide that toy is a weapon.

Not sure why you would need or want them on your cruise.

Edited by cb at sea

My fear would be that no matter what someone tells you or written rule you find that doesn't dis-allow it - once you get to check-in, they could be pulled from your luggage and not allowed by whoever is there. Then you risk losing them (depending on if you drive to the port and can run back to the car, or if they catch them once on board and will then allow you pick up at the end of the cruise). Sounds like setting yourself up for complications.

Best,

Mia

I'm not sure why you'd want to take them.... they look fairly unwieldy to pack. My kids have a few different light sabers and they all make a bunch of noises, all of which would be pretty annoying.

I'd vote for glow sticks instead.

Yes OMG I'm sorry!! I completely forgot to mention that I am asking because I am having a Star Wars Themed wedding and thought that they would make a fun addition for the leaving ceremony arch. I am open to all sorts of ideas and thought that families with little kids would be the ones to know so thought I would ask here.

We have seen them (or something similar) that was purchased in port by a family and held until the end of their cruise (safety concern)...sorry but it sounds doubtful....

If on the otherhand you are using the services of the ship for your wedding..I would contact your cruiseline wedding planner directly for an answer.

Congratulations on your wedding and "May The Force Be With You"

Edited by Ashland

Definitely check with your cruiseline wedding planner! We got married at sea & were able to board with candles (for unity cancel). We coordinated with our planner in advance & there was no issue at boarding.

We have seen them (or something similar) that was purchased in port by a family and held until the end of their cruise (safety concern)...sorry but it sounds doubtful....

If on the otherhand you are using the services of the ship for your wedding..I would contact your cruiseline wedding planner directly for an answer.

Congratulations on your wedding and "May The Force Be With You"

Thank you so much!!!

Definitely check with your cruiseline wedding planner! We got married at sea & were able to board with candles (for unity cancel). We coordinated with our planner in advance & there was no issue at boarding.

Will do thank you for the advice :D

I can't find the post now but someone had their son's light saber confiscated by the TSA and, believe it or not, it wasn't even the hard kind, it was a blow up. Said it could be used as a weapon. I guess like, "20 lashes with a wet noodle".:rolleyes: So, if you're flying, don't try to carry them on.

Edited by iheartbda

I can't find the post now but someone had their son's light saber confiscated by the TSA and, believe it or not, it wasn't even the hard kind, it was a blow up. Said it could be used as a weapon. I guess like, "20 lashes with a wet noodle".:rolleyes: So, if you're flying, don't try to carry them on.

There's a great idea here!

Look for blow up light sabers and inflate them onboard.

Mental Midgets!

So Carnival Cruise finally got back to me and this is what they sent me

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Please do not bring them on board. Any toy that resembles a weapon will be confiscated at embarkation.

Sigh there goes my Arch sniff sniff

So Carnival Cruise finally got back to me and this is what they sent me

Hello Nicole,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Please do not bring them on board. Any toy that resembles a weapon will be confiscated at embarkation.

Sigh there goes my Arch sniff sniff

Boo hiss--Are inflatables completely out of the question then since they don't originally look like a weapon? :-D

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Bottom line is they don't want kids running around the ship with any type of toy. It's too confining of an area and it just lends itself to problems. The kids will want to play with them after the ceremony.

Have you considered that maybe the Star Wars theme won't really mesh with the nautical surroundings?