Here is how I would fix the Anthem

kelmac

Take the Anthem and all other future Q-class ships and create a new "Hybrid" line called: Royal Celebrity

Bring in Celebrity's kitchen team and add more service people. Get the Service Staff to passenger ratio up to Celebrity levels. Make the cuisine match the look of the restaurants. Keep Jamie's and Chops. Maybe add Murano and the Tuscan Grill. Convert a few bars, like make the bar in two70 a Martini Bar.

The ship already looks more like a Celebrity ship and cabins are right out of the S-class. Bright, modern and classy!

You could draw passengers from both Royal and Celebrity and allow them to specify which loyalty program they want their points to go to.

My wife and I really loved the Anthem, but we had just disembarked the Reflection, and thought if the food was as good as Celebrity's, we would be all over the Q-class.

Just a thought!:rolleyes::)

Kel

Take the Anthem and all other future Q-class ships and create a new "Hybrid" line called: Royal Celebrity

Bring in Celebrity's kitchen team and add more service people. Get the Service Staff to passenger ratio up to Celebrity levels. Make the cuisine match the look of the restaurants. Keep Jamie's and Chops. Maybe add Murano and the Tuscan Grill. Convert a few bars, like make the bar in two70 a Martini Bar.

The ship already looks more like a Celebrity ship and cabins are right out of the S-class. Bright, modern and classy!

You could draw passengers from both Royal and Celebrity and allow them to specify which loyalty program they want their points to go to.

My wife and I really loved the Anthem, but we had just disembarked the Reflection, and thought if the food was as good as Celebrity's, we would be all over the Q-class.

Kel

Lots of free time on your hands huh?:rolleyes:

You have two different target cruiser groups for two lines. The younger, more active, more family and budget oriented for Royal. Older, more sedate, more affluent for Celebrity. X cruisers more into food too .Both lines do a fine job at their target market. Any attempt at a combo situation would be confusing to cruising public and detrimental to both in my opinion.

You have two different target cruiser groups for two lines. The younger, more active, more family and budget oriented for Royal. Older, more sedate, more affluent for Celebrity. X cruisers more into food too .Both lines do a fine job at their target market. Any attempt at a combo situation would be confusing to cruising public and detrimental to both in my opinion.

Have you been on the Anthem? People cross over between the two lines all the time. I have 27 cruises on Celebrity and 9 on Royal Caribbean.

:)

Edited by kelmac

127 reviews out of the thousands of guests who have sailed her?

If you had a negative time, you'd be more than ready to post a review stating that. If you had a great time, you may be less inclined I think.

We had a great time, and haven't written a review on the official website, only on the forums, so the results are skewed that way to start with.

If Anthem is Broken, the quickest and easiest way to fix her is:

Anyone who would normally sail on Independence of the Seas but can't this year due to Anthem being based in Southampton instead. BAN THEM FROM SAILING.

These are the people writing bad reviews expecting something else that Anthem isn't. She has changed and if you go for the changes, you have a wonderful time. But when you have children still looking for an Ice rink on day 12, that say's it all really.

Have you been on the Anthem? People cross over between the two lines all the time. I have 27 cruises on Celebrity and 9 on Royal Caribbean.

:)

43 on RCL, 6 on Celebrity, who really cares. Like the previous poster pointed out, when did Anthem need "fixing"......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Maybe you could try to "fix" global warming.

Anyone who would normally sail on Independence of the Seas but can't this year due to Anthem being based in Southampton instead. BAN THEM FROM SAILING.

These are the people writing bad reviews expecting something else that Anthem isn't. She has changed and if you go for the changes, you have a wonderful time. But when you have children still looking for an Ice rink on day 12, that say's it all really.

You are soooooo right! :D

In response to an earlier thread asking why all the bad reviews I did reply 'because she is not Independence'. That sums it up perfectly.

I do wonder what all the Indie-philes will really think next year, when there is no North Star, no 270, no bumper cars on their trusty old ship.....but hey, they do have a Royal Promenade that more than makes up for all of this.......

I didn't see anything on Anthem that needed fixing either.

Edited by little britain

43 on RCL, 6 on Celebrity, who really cares. Like the previous poster pointed out, when did Anthem need "fixing"......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Maybe you could try to "fix" global warming.

So how was your experience on the Anthem? Creative discussion is not your thing? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

127 reviews out of the thousands of guests who have sailed her?

If you had a negative time, you'd be more than ready to post a review stating that. If you had a great time, you may be less inclined I think.

We had a great time, and haven't written a review on the official website, only on the forums, so the results are skewed that way to start with.

Where there is smoke….., How did your Anthem experience compare to your last Celebrity cruise?

Close Thread

So how was your experience on the Anthem? Creative discussion is not your thing? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I can be quite creative for the right audience. Will be on Anthem March 7th next year. Sailed on Quantum April of this year.....:)

I can be quite creative for the right audience. Will be on Anthem March 7th next year. Sailed on Quantum April of this year.....:)

Excellent! How did the Quantum compare to your other Royal Caribbean cruises? Have you cruised an S-class ship of Celebrity?

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Kel

I am VERY glad that you do not have the power to do that.

And…yes I have been on both the Quantum (scored it 11 on a 10 point scale) and the Solstice classes.

The QUANTUM class DOES NOT NEED FIXING and certainly doesn't need that which you suggest.

The decor is similar but the guests are quite different….there is a more youthful, active vibe among the guests on Royal Caribbean….and far less snobbery among the upper tier Royal guests than there is among Celebrity loyals (as witnessed on Solstice at Captain's Table and in the loyalty lounge).

The Quantum class ships are fine as they are and right where they are. The variety of vessels from the Vision class through the Quantum class keeps me happy on and returning to Royal Caribbean. When I want the Celebrity atmosphere, I'll book a Celebrity ship.

Edited by beachnative

• 1 month later...

Kel

I also have a thought send anthem to China along with quantum.And dump their new dining plans into the ocean on the way.We need a freedom class ship in cape liberty, with out anthem prices or dining.To royal :p

I am VERY glad that you do not have the power to do that.

And…yes I have been on both the Quantum (scored it 11 on a 10 point scale) and the Solstice classes.

The QUANTUM class DOES NOT NEED FIXING and certainly doesn't need that which you suggest.

The decor is similar but the guests are quite different….there is a more youthful, active vibe among the guests on Royal Caribbean….and far less snobbery among the upper tier Royal guests than there is among Celebrity loyals (as witnessed on Solstice at Captain's Table and in the loyalty lounge).

The Quantum class ships are fine as they are and right where they are. The variety of vessels from the Vision class through the Quantum class keeps me happy on and returning to Royal Caribbean. When I want the Celebrity atmosphere, I'll book a Celebrity ship.

I also have a thought send anthem to China along with quantum.And dump their new dining plans into the ocean on the way.We need a freedom class ship in cape liberty, with out anthem prices or dining.To royal :p

I am personally very excited to try the dining options and food on Anthem. After ~20 cruises on Royal, I've seen the MDR food and service slowly decline as the years ago by...and more recently the service is just downright awful. Too many passengers and not enough wait staff. I assume this is the same on Anthem too. But with new menus, I'm looking forward to less than great service with different food. Take what you can get I guess.

Having cruised for over 30 years, and experienced the dramatic shifts in cruise ships over the decade, I think part of the problem is that many people see anything other than what they are used to as not good. I've seen many people comment about how thinks aren't like they used to be, when they really mean compared to something from just 5 years ago.

If ships get smaller, they miss the size. If there''s no ice skating rink or giant royal promenade, then it's no good.

Not every ship can have what it's predecessors have. The Anthem gave up the huge promenade and skating rink, but it gained the Seaplex and 270, among other things.

If you must have certain things on your ship, then carefully look at brochures and online information. It's all there to be discovered before you go on a ship and are disappointed.

Of course some people will never be happy (or smart). In a review I read the other day, someone complained that his obstructed view cabin had an obstructed view!!!

------------------

We get it, you don't like Quantum Class ships or Dynamic Dining; I can't be the only one who gets tired of the same old comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We get it, you don't like Quantum Class ships or Dynamic Dining; I can't be the only one who gets tired of the same old comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed! My thing is I don't get why they are in the Quantum/Anthem only forum if they don't like it THAT much!?