Leaving from Tampa

shorti503

This is my first time leaving from Tampa. What hotels do you suggest and where do you suggest parking? We are driving to Florida. I looked up the Marriot and for February 5th (that's the date I need) it says $240 for 1 night. I'm not willing to pay that much.

We've used the Marriott Residence Inn downtown with good results. They have a cruise package that has a shuttle to the cruise terminal.

That's what I tried to book but it was $240 and I'm not willing to spend that much on one night unless I have to.

Hi there - feel free to research this on the Florida Departures board. It is discussed often. You can use the "search this forum" button there and type in "Tampa hotel". You will get, literally, hundreds of hits. This may be moved there by a moderator, anyway.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Hi there - feel free to research this on the Florida Departures board. It is discussed often. You can use the "search this forum" button there and type in "Tampa hotel". You will get, literally, hundreds of hits. This may be moved there by a moderator, anyway.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Thank you for that! I will check it out.

There are some hotels in the Rocky Point area - Chase Suites and Hampton Inn are the most often suggested - that offer cruise packages including parking and shuttles to/from the port.

With a car you could easily stay as far away as Orlando and just drive into Tamp the morning of your cruise. Parking at the port is about $15/day and is convenient and safe. ;)

This is my first time leaving from Tampa. What hotels do you suggest and where do you suggest parking? We are driving to Florida. I looked up the Marriot and for February 5th (that's the date I need) it says $240 for 1 night. I'm not willing to pay that much.
I stay at the cheapest the University Inn 50 per night less than 10 for a cab. :)

We are also cruising out of Tampa next February and driving from Canada, did not find anything that was in our budget, so we've decided to stay in the Kissimmee region the night before for a much nicer price!

Smart! 1000's of hotels in every price range in the Orlando/Kissimmee area :cool:

We are also cruising out of Tampa next February and driving from Canada, did not find anything that was in our budget, so we've decided to stay in the Kissimmee region the night before for a much nicer price!

Smart thinking we just booked a hotel in Clearwater for the night. Since we are driving in it won't be a big issue to just get up and drive to the port in the morning.