Excursion Age Question

Pyxie

I hope this is the right place to ask this since it's about Carnival's excursions. It's not about a certain one, but in general.

Looking on their excursion website, many of them say that children 4< are free. Does this mean 4 and under or under 4 (which would be 3 and under)?

It's not completely clear and I emailed the excursion department but their answer still wasn't clear. My daughter will be 4 on our next cruise so I want to be sure.

Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone. I tried adding to cart but it does add a ticket for everyone in my family, including the 4 year old. I did find one excursion that specifically said under 5 are free and even it still tried adding a ticket for her so I don't think that necessarily works though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Using the mathematical definition, "4<" means that the child would have to be less than 4 years of age, I.e. 3 years, 11 months and 29 or 30 days. But, I'm not convinced that Carnival (or other organizations) use the symbols of "<" and ">" correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this reply is too late for you. However, I recommend emailing shoreexcursions@carnival.com and ask specifically for the tour you are interested in. The Carnival website has conflicting info and does not properly use the < sign.

We just got back from a cruise and went to Starfish Island in Belize with my 4 year old. On the online tour summary, one spot says '<4 is free', another spot says 'under 5 is free'. I emailed the above address and he told me to add the tour to my online cart and manually remove my 4yo from the order. I had NO problem bringing him for free.

And, the kicker....when I looked at the hard copy excursion booklet they deliver to each stateroom, the tour said 5 years and under were free. 3 different spots, 3 different ages.... frustrating to say the least!!!

I'm sure once on the ship, you can get it straight. A ticket would be needed to "keep track" of the number of souls on the excursion, I would imagine...whether they are paying or not, they have to have room for everyone!