Quick! Why is cabin C112, deck 10 (caribe) so cheap??

traveltripper

An even-number cabin will be on the port side. Clicking on the cabin on the online deck plans will give you info about any obstructions or if the cabin is considered a lower category than the same type on the same deck (far forward always being a lower category than midship or aft). Someone could direct you to the specifc information if they only knew which ship....

(and knowing which voyage would also help assess whether the price difference you found between this cabin and others of the same type is truly notable or not)

OK, in the few seconds it took to make my previous post above I could have easily deduced that the OP is asking about Royal/Regal/Majestic as there is no C112 on any of the different Grand Classes of ships. And there appears to be no irregularities to this cabin either inside or on the balcony other than how far forward it really is. But I will repeat that whether "cheap" represents a good value does not depend on the actual cost but how much lower the price is than a balcony cabin in a much better location. The difference may be less than what it appears when taking all factors into consideration.

Hi, sorry to post and run!

Turns out that the room in question was a guarantee room, hence the lower cost. We booked on the Regal Princess for the Baltic. We have cabin R201 (Riviera deck), category DE (deluxe). Two people. I'd rather be away from the lifts or foot traffic. Hope it's a good one!

Turns out that the room in question was a guarantee room, hence the lower cost. We booked on the Regal Princess for the Baltic. We have cabin R201 (Riviera deck), category DE (deluxe). Two people. I'd rather be away from the lifts or foot traffic. Hope it's a good one!

On Princess guarantee bookings are at the same price as other cabins in that exact category (a BY balcony for example). The price will be lower than the next higher category (BX for example).

If all the, for example, BY cabins have been assigned, then a guarantee may be all that can be booked and will appear to be lower in cost only because it is lower than a higher category with cabins that can be picked.

If it is a gty how are you seeing a room #?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Are you saying that C112 was assigned to you for a GTY booking? If so, then the price was likely the same as all the other cabins in the BE category and not specific to just that cabin.

Only if the GTY was for a lower balcony category (BF, BV, BW, BY) would the cost have been lower than directly selecting that cabin.