Is it possible to change stateroom from website?

perditax

Hi there. New to Princess, have my sights on a cruise in 2016. I currently have it on courtesy hold; I'm holding out to see if 'Cyber Monday' brings any deals or reduced deposits. I've changed my mind on the stateroom # I want (same category), can't find a way to switch it on the website, nor to cancel the whole booking and just rebook the stateroom I want. On DCL you could change staterooms via the website, maybe this is something that requires a phone call?

Ultimately I will probably go through the Box Store That Must Not Be Named, but I was just curious about the website functionality.

On another note, also due to DCL experience, are suite deposits refundable? (Concierge deposits are non-refundable on DCL. I get the sense that is NOT the norm, but figured I'd double-check while I have your attention.)

Thanks in advance!

Edited by perditax

Hi there. New to Princess, have my sights on a cruise in 2016. I currently have it on courtesy hold; I'm holding out to see if 'Cyber Monday' brings any deals or reduced deposits. I've changed my mind on the stateroom # I want (same category), can't find a way to switch it on the website, nor to cancel the whole booking and just rebook the stateroom I want. On DCL you could change staterooms via the website, maybe this is something that requires a phone call?

Ultimately I will probably go through the Box Store That Must Not Be Named, but I was just curious about the website functionality.

On another note, also due to DCL experience, are suite deposits refundable? (Concierge deposits are non-refundable on DCL. I get the sense that is NOT the norm, but figured I'd double-check while I have your attention.)

Thanks in advance!

Book the cabin that you now want. Since you have no payment yet made on the booking that you don't want then you can either call Princess and cancel or after two or three days it will just go away.

All cabin deposits are refundable as long as it is before final payment.

Edited by ar1950

Thanks in advance!

Be sure and read the terms of the booking if you make a deposit as some of the sales they have, it is not refundable.

We have not seen that very often, although we just booked a cruise that it was nonrefundable.

Be sure and read the terms of the booking if you make a deposit as some of the sales they have, it is not refundable.

We have not seen that very often, although we just booked a cruise that it was nonrefundable.

Oops on my part. You are right. I forgot that some sale prices have non-refundable deposits.

Thanks! Vey good to know.

(A) If you already are booked directly through Princess then the only way for you to change your cabin on line is to cancel and re-book. You most likely can call Princess directly and they can do it for you providing it is the same category cabin.

(B) You can have your booking transferred to a T.A. and let them handle it. We always find better deals through a T.A. Not only can the T.A. discount fares, but they frequently offer extra OBC's and other perks like cabin upgrades, bottle of wine, etc.

(A) If you already are booked directly through Princess then the only way for you to change your cabin on line is to cancel and re-book. You most likely can call Princess directly and they can do it for you providing it is the same category cabin.

(B) You can have your booking transferred to a T.A. and let them handle it. We always find better deals through a T.A. Not only can the T.A. discount fares, but they frequently offer extra OBC's and other perks like cabin upgrades, bottle of wine, etc.

Travel agents can change the cabin online through the travel agent portal.

Thanks in advance!

No you cannot change a cabin/booking online through the Princess website.

I would say with the issues in Houston with the CB yes its very normal today.

Aha, I saw that thread.

Maybe some 'sale' activity as well. It gave me the option to receive a callback in 13 minutes, I hit the button, then it said "Sorry, your callback has been cancelled" and put me back on hold. I disconnected; my issues are non-urgent.

(I booked the cruise through the Box Store, I was just going to try to get the courtesy hold cancelled and make sure the box store booking links up with the princess account I created over the weekend.)

Edited by perditax