Music on Balcony

Roccoforte

Is using a blue tooth or any other type of speaker allowed on your balcony? I hate to have to listen to someone else's choice of music but I know of people who think they're entitled to play music anywhere anytime. I want my balcony to be peaceful and quiet. Any rules about this?

Don't hate us. We have a small Jamz speaker and have used it on the balcony, quietly. We also are not loud folks. We enjoy classical music while we read. If anyone ever asked us to turn it off, of course we would comply.

Donna

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't hate us. We have a small Jamz speaker and have used it on the balcony, quietly. We also are not loud folks. We enjoy classical music while we read. If anyone ever asked us to turn it off, of course we would comply.

Donna

One man's music is another man's noise.

One man's music is another man's noise.

Well, the worst veranda experiences we ever had were loud, drunken people who had the divider opened between their stateroom verandas. Their beer fests were an ongoing torture. No music was involved. To me, that was noise.

Our custom has been to turn off music or move it indoors if we heard a neighbor come out. Again, it was all quietly played classical music. Apparently that is noise to you all. Sorry.

Obviously we have not been considerate enough. You all can stop piling on now.

Donna

I would enjoy listening to your music

I would enjoy listening to your music

Thank you.

I need to reiterate, the OP asked if there was any rule about the use of Bluetooth speakers. Thus I replied that, as there is no rule, we have utilized a speaker but have attempted to do it as quietly as can be done and yet be able to hear the music. I really do mean very, very quiet. (sometimes my husband couldn't hear the music at the other side of the veranda.)

So we lived within the rules and acted as considerately within the rules as possible.

No one complained. I was not waiting for guidance from my neighbors, but had they asked us to shut the speaker down -- and I would have been amazed if they could have heard music, since their chairs being moved around and their conversation generally drowned out the music -- I would have immediately complied.

Once again, I have been sufficiently shamed. The music will stay in the stateroom should we cruise again.

Is using a blue tooth or any other type of speaker allowed on your balcony? I hate to have to listen to someone else's choice of music but I know of people who think they're entitled to play music anywhere anytime. I want my balcony to be peaceful and quiet. Any rules about this?

There are three things that I can tel you about that, at least on the Marina and Riviera :

1) The Suites above Penthouse Level have built in speakers on their verandas which are linked to the In Suite Entertainment System.

225415.jpg

2) The verandas of those Suites are also equipped with outdoor televisions

150032.jpg

3) Noise complaints are virtually nonexistent.

Never heard of a rule about speakers on balconies, but I guess what is disturbing, is that someone had to ask about one. Why can't common sense rule? If it bothers you, please knock on your neighbors door and politely talk to them. I am not talking about the OP here, they just asked a simple question, but this seems like a common sense thing to me. We have had neighbors who had their TV blaring on high volume every night with their balcony door open...after two nights of this, I went next door to their cabin, and found out they didn't like wearing their hearing aids in the cabin!!! We advised them about the air conditioning running with the door open, and the TV noise,and the next night we met them for drinks at Martini's and they wore their hearing aids the rest of the cruise!!! Hey, you never know, maybe while talking to your neighboring cruise mates, you find out you both have the same interests, etc?

Thank you.

I need to reiterate, the OP asked if there was any rule about the use of Bluetooth speakers. Thus I replied that, as there is no rule, we have utilized a speaker but have attempted to do it as quietly as can be done and yet be able to hear the music. I really do mean very, very quiet. (sometimes my husband couldn't hear the music at the other side of the veranda.)

So we lived within the rules and acted as considerately within the rules as possible.

No one complained. I was not waiting for guidance from my neighbors, but had they asked us to shut the speaker down -- and I would have been amazed if they could have heard music, since their chairs being moved around and their conversation generally drowned out the music -- I would have immediately complied.

Once again, I have been sufficiently shamed. The music will stay in the stateroom should we cruise again.

You would be welcome as our neighbours

1. I like classical music

2. You said you would turn it off if there was a complaint.

Thanks again for your update before we boarded in San Francisco last month:)

When leaving Rome (Civitavecchia) last fall the people in the cabin on the deck above us played opera at a very high and to me annoying level. We waited a short time to see if it was temporary, and when it continued (along with very bad karaoke sing along) I called guest services. Security arrived, had a listen and after that no problems.

There are three things that I can tel you about that, at least on the Marina and Riviera :

1) The Suites above Penthouse Level have built in speakers on their verandas which are linked to the In Suite Entertainment System.

225415.jpg

2) The verandas of those Suites are also equipped with outdoor televisions

150032.jpg

3) Noise complaints are virtually nonexistent.

I'm sure I remember a funny story about a rather loud musical balcony interlude from the repertoire of J and S! ;):p:D

Well, the worst veranda experiences we ever had were loud, drunken people who had the divider opened between their stateroom verandas. Their beer fests were an ongoing torture. No music was involved. To me, that was noise.

Our custom has been to turn off music or move it indoors if we heard a neighbor come out. Again, it was all quietly played classical music. Apparently that is noise to you all. Sorry.

Obviously we have not been considerate enough. You all can stop piling on now.

Happy to have you as neighbours :). Much worse is sitting by someone at the pool who has their iPod and ear thingies in and they are singing along, oblivious to all around - totally out of tune and singing every other word - or humming! Or whistling! Or tapping the side of their sun lounger! :eek: I know the answer is to move, but when you've just got comfy and organised ....... :rolleyes: Thankfully this doesn't happen very often. I don't even recall hearing music on anyone's verandah either. But we have heard TV noise in our stateroom but then I digress.