HDMI/tv?

cbb

Do the TVs (i'm mostly interested in Insignia) come with a HDMI cable input in the back? Thanks! c

Not that you may connect other electronics to.

If there are ports on the specific device, they are supposed to have been disabled at the time of installation.

Ok....I'll try again.....

Do the tvs on Insignia come with HDM1 cable inputs in the back? (I'm not interested in the brand of tv.....)

StanandJim say no, that we can't hook our laptop up to the tv and watch movies, that we have stored in the laptop, on the tv.

I thought I had read that one could....so I stand corrected....thanks guys

stanandjim...

i had done a "search" on the hdmi cable question, but nothing popped up; just now it has and i read the explanation you gave others about settings and infringements and we totally understand.

Mr Wonderful is an old electrical engineer (oops....."highly experienced"....)

and understands completely what you're saying and says "that's fair" so we appreciate your note.....thanks...c

Edited by cbb

Ha ha ha

I thought you were talking about insignia tvs!

HA ha ha ha

Oceania TVs are Insignia brand

Yes, this is almost funny because sitraveler is being serious, and correct.

Most TVs anymore are all pretty good. Aren't most of them made by 2 or 3 manufacturers, just with different names?

• 6 months later...
Not that you may connect other electronics to.

If there are ports on the specific device, they are supposed to have been disabled at the time of installation.

I do not believe this is correct. I will be onboard the Marina in a few days and will let you know.

We used the HDMI port to succesfully connect an iPad to watch movies when we sailed with Marina and Riviera. Don't know about Insignia, but would like to know. We booked a cruise on Insignia in August. Would also like to know of we can play Blu-ray discs? We could on Riviera and Marina. We are in a PH.

We used the HDMI port to succesfully connect an iPad to watch movies when we sailed with Marina and Riviera. Don't know about Insignia, but would like to know. We booked a cruise on Insignia in August. Would also like to know of we can play Blu-ray discs? We could on Riviera and Marina. We are in a PH.

I thought there was a disc player in the PH or was it the Vista? We don't watch them so I can't remember.

on board Insignia now in a 7th deck veranda cabin: there is an HDMI connector in the back of the TV. We haven't tried connecting it to anything yet.

There is no blu ray label on the box and we have no blu ray discs to try it out...hope this helps a little.

Just haven't needed to watch movies yet...too much to see!! May have more info later in the cruise...it is RTW. c