Error in documents

bob278

We got our documents yesterday for our Insignia Montreal-Southampton cruise July 24th (HOORAY! :D).

But there is a discrepancy in them and I wonder if I need to contact my TA to follow up. We have four nights reserved in specialty restaurants and they show up in our on-line account and I have confirming e-mails for all four. Since we like to eat fairly early and those times were hard to come by, should I do anything or will I be OK if I take the e-mails and a screen print of the on-line page showing them?

This is our first O cruise and I have no clue as to how things work. If this were Celebrity or Azamara I would be much more comfortable with my "hard copy" documentation as I know what is sent out is pretty useless. But They both do have an on-line check-in process with what is de facto a boarding pass. I don't see anything like that with O. Do I just take my documentation to the check-in desk with passports and credit card?

Are your dining times different in the cruise Planner is that what you are saying or is it the Final Cruise summery email that shows different times from your online account???

Did you fill out the personal information page under my account on the Oceania website?

It has a place for passport info etc..

Maybe someone who has a current booking can guide you to the correct location in your account

Usually you need the Page from the cruise planner or email with your information on it a credit card & passport

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Are your dining times different in the cruise Planner is that what you are saying or is it the Final Cruise summery email that shows different times from your online account???

Did you fill out the personal information page under my account on the Oceania website?

It has a place for passport info etc..

Maybe someone who has a current booking can guide you to the correct location in your account

Usually you need the Page from the cruise planner or email with your information on it a credit card & passport

Lyn

Thanks for the reply. Everything looks good except our specialty restaurants. Well, we still don't have a cabin number but we do have nice luggage tags with a blank area for it to be added.

Now that I look closely, I am even more confused. All of our reservations were made by others and should be for 4 people. All four confirming e-mails were for parties of 4. On-line, documentation and e-mails all have what I consider the correct dates/times. My real concern is that 3 of the 5 do not show up at all in the Cruise Planner we received.

Here's my situation:

• uly 25 Polo 6:30 shows on-line w/party of 4 ... no confirming e-mail received ... not in documents
  • July 29 Toscana 7:30 shows on-line w/party of 2 ... confirming e-mail received ... in documents w/party of 4
  • Aug 1 Toscana shows on-line w/party of 4 ... confirming e-mail received . not in documents
  • Aug 3 Polo 6:30 shows on-line w/party of 2 ... confirming e-mail received ... in documents w/party of 4
  • Aug 7 Polo 6:30 shows on-line w/party of 4 ... confirming e-mail received ... not in documents

I have no idea if we show up on those dates/times if we will be seated or if I should do some follow-up through my TA. I assume O won't talk directly with me about anything since I have a TA.

Edited by bob278

Here's my situation:

• uly 25 Polo 6:30 shows on-line w/party of 4 ... no confirming e-mail received ... not in documents
  • July 29 Toscana 7:30 shows on-line w/party of 2 ... confirming e-mail received ... in documents w/party of 4
  • Aug 1 Toscana shows on-line w/party of 4 ... confirming e-mail received . not in documents
  • Aug 3 Polo 6:30 shows on-line w/party of 2 ... confirming e-mail received ... in documents w/party of 4
  • Aug 7 Polo 6:30 shows on-line w/party of 4 ... confirming e-mail received ... not in documents

I have no idea if we show up on those dates/times if we will be seated or if I should do some follow-up through my TA. I assume O won't talk directly with me about anything since I have a TA.

Sorry I am not sure how it works when others have booked for you can you ask if they have the confirming emails??

I would call tomorrow & just confirm your dates, time & number in the party are correct ..they should talk to you but if not your TA can get the info

Perhaps others have run into this before & can answer

I am sure it will all work out ;)

Lyn

Sorry I am not sure how it works when others have booked for you can you ask if they have the confirming emails??

I would call tomorrow & just confirm your dates, time & number in the party are correct ..they should talk to you but if not your TA can get the info

Perhaps others have run into this before & can answer

I am sure it will all work out ;)

Lyn

Thanks again. Since I have the confirming e-mails for 2 of the 3 that are not in the Cruise Planner, I think the odds are in my favor, but I may giver O a call tomorrow to improve my comfort level. Not having a reservation I think I have in a specialty restaurant is not a very serious problem in the big picture. :D

We are looking forward to our first O adventure.

when our friends made reservations for us to join them for dinner on our last cruise (they reserved as they were PH and were were A1), we received a confirming email with both couples' names and cabins on it.

You probably would do best to contact guest services by phone, or else ask your TA if s/he is willing to check on it. It can't hurt to check, and you want to start your trip worry-free!

Good luck. Others will have more guidance to offer, I am sure.

Donna

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks again. Since I have the confirming e-mails for 2 of the 3 that are not in the Cruise Planner, I think the odds are in my favor, but I may giver O a call tomorrow to improve my comfort level. Not having a reservation I think I have in a specialty restaurant is not a very serious problem in the big picture. :D

We are looking forward to our first O adventure.

I would give them a call I hate loose ends ;)

Enjoy your cruise

Lyn

I think Lyn is right. Even though you're probably okay, calling them will give you ease of mind! July 24th is nearly a month away, why stew about it?

I have occasionally not seen our specialty reservations (of course, we don't make many in general) in our docs but everything was okay once we were on board.

Also, I have received confirmation emails when I've booked a table for 4 or 6 but when I look at the website, it just says for two. But it's really for the correct number. I don't know why the system does that ...

But it's easy enough to call or ask your TA to check it out. I know that the rule seems to be that once you have a TA they won't talk to you ... but I've never had a problem calling O regarding questions about dinner reservations, EVEN when I was having problems making them.

Good luck!

Mura

All is well. :D Peace of mind has been restored. I called and O sent my TA a new invoice that shows everything as I think it should be and she has forwarded it to me.

All is well. :D Peace of mind has been restored. I called and O sent my TA a new invoice that shows everything as I think it should be and she has forwarded it to me.

Good to hear. You have a very interesting itinerary, it should be great.

Tell Andy & Tammy hi if he's still the CD.