Not to miss in Antigua??

lmtrn2001

• 2 weeks later...

We took the Montserrat Volcano Tour with Caribbean Helicopters. It was awesome with beautiful views of Antigua, our cruise ship, and the devastation caused by the volcano on Montserrat. If interested see reviews on Tripadvisor.

We took the Montserrat Volcano Tour with Caribbean Helicopters. It was awesome with beautiful views of Antigua, our cruise ship, and the devastation caused by the volcano on Montserrat. If interested see reviews on Tripadvisor.

We did this tour last year also and although pricey, it was wonderful. One of our favorite excursions so far.

• 2 weeks later...

For sure you don't want to miss Nelson's Dockyard. We had a wonderful day with Voyages Antigua a well run family business....Lawrence of Antigua lied to us, pretending he didn't know where we would meet Voyages, I would never use him.

• 1 month later...
For sure you don't want to miss Nelson's Dockyard. We had a wonderful day with Voyages Antigua a well run family business....Lawrence of Antigua lied to us, pretending he didn't know where we would meet Voyages, I would never use him.

We meet again, your buddy Cindy in BHC.Will be in the Caribbean for 20 days in 3/29-4/18/14 and was interested in your info on Antigua. Looks like a day at Coconut Beach is the best option for us gals. What to you recommend??

Cindy:)

ps-looks like you are back for the winter!!

We did the Eli Eco Tour a few years ago and had a wonderful time. We only got to see the water side of the island as it was a full day tour, though. This next time I do want to see Nelson's Dockyard so we booked a tour with Lawrence. I have heard the extremes about him, though. I am a little concerned. We have a group of 11 doing his tour and so I hope we are not disappointed.

We do have a beach option at the end of the tour. I am glad we don't have to decide until the day of the tour as we will be at the beach both days prior to this one. We are planning Maho Beach in St. Maarten (I know, it's not about the beach, it's about the planes. But, we will still be in the sun and we do have the option to get wet) and we will be spending the whole day at the beach the day before in St. Kitts. The day after in St Lucia we have an island tour (no beach) and then a catamaran tour in Barbados. Are the beaches in Antigua a "must do" or should we take the afternoon to rest back on the ship on this port intensive itinerary? We are on a B2B so the following week is full of more beach options in St. Thomas, St. Kitts (Our only repeat island. That week we have another half day tour with a beach option), Aruba and Curacao.

We did the Eli Eco Tour a few years ago and had a wonderful time. We only got to see the water side of the island as it was a full day tour, though. This next time I do want to see Nelson's Dockyard so we booked a tour with Lawrence. I have heard the extremes about him, though. I am a little concerned. We have a group of 11 doing his tour and so I hope we are not disappointed.

We do have a beach option at the end of the tour. I am glad we don't have to decide until the day of the tour as we will be at the beach both days prior to this one. We are planning Maho Beach in St. Maarten (I know, it's not about the beach, it's about the planes. But, we will still be in the sun and we do have the option to get wet) and we will be spending the whole day at the beach the day before in St. Kitts. The day after in St Lucia we have an island tour (no beach) and then a catamaran tour in Barbados. Are the beaches in Antigua a "must do" or should we take the afternoon to rest back on the ship on this port intensive itinerary? We are on a B2B so the following week is full of more beach options in St. Thomas, St. Kitts (Our only repeat island. That week we have another half day tour with a beach option), Aruba and Curacao.

Ginny:

We had also done Eli's Eco Tour in Antigua before and wanted to do a land tour to Nelson's Dockyard. We chose Lawrence and had a wonderful time. We added the Valley Church Beach at the end and it was spectacular. The water color was a different shade of blue than we had encounterd in our various beach stops in the Caribbean over the years. There are particles in the water that make in somewhat cloudy but the color is amazing. We were glad that we did add this option at the end of Lawrence's tour. As to the negative comments about Lawrence, he likes to keep his van as clean and tidy as possible and if you don't wipe your feet or try to remove as much sand as you can before boarding his van he does let you know. We did not take offense to this and made sure to try to keep sand and crumbs from food out of his van. It did not keep us from having a wonderful day.

Ginny:

We had also done Eli's Eco Tour in Antigua before and wanted to do a land tour to Nelson's Dockyard. We chose Lawrence and had a wonderful time. We added the Valley Church Beach at the end and it was spectacular. The water color was a different shade of blue than we had encounterd in our various beach stops in the Caribbean over the years. There are particles in the water that make in somewhat cloudy but the color is amazing. We were glad that we did add this option at the end of Lawrence's tour. As to the negative comments about Lawrence, he likes to keep his van as clean and tidy as possible and if you don't wipe your feet or try to remove as much sand as you can before boarding his van he does let you know. We did not take offense to this and made sure to try to keep sand and crumbs from food out of his van. It did not keep us from having a wonderful day.

Thank you! You helped so much. It sounds that the beach is the way to go post-tour. It's nice to see that you had the same goals that we have after the Eli Tour. I am excited to see Nelson's Dockyard. I will leave my snorkeling gear on the ship that day as I have heard that the water in Antigua is cloudy. I remember being disappointed in the snorkeling on the Eli tour, but the other views were amazing.

But what is the Beach of the day when on antigua??

H

For us it's to whichever beach the catamaran takes us.

Some of the beautiful beaches with blue water and sugar white sand are very small and hard to reach except by boat/catamaran.

LuLu

~~~~

• 1 month later...
Just back from our cruise last week and had a great tour with Lawrence of Antigua. Got to see everything I asked for, for only $40 for person and didn't charge for my two kids (5 & 3).

Isn't he a great person....and great friend too 15+ yrs..