Cirquie Dreams & Dinner on Epic -Is it worth it to pay more for premium seat?

goeva

Kids do NOT get 1/2 price on this. We did in fact pay for the premium seats and were right on the floor. It was great - felt like we were right in the show. There's a chance they could select you to participate so if you don't like that idea, definitely go with regular seats. I've heard from those in regular seats that it was just fine. It's a very small venue - you may miss a little bit of the high stuff if you're further back. But not enough if you don't want to spend the extra money.

I understand there are premium seats front row of the upper level also, so you don't miss any of the "high" stuff, but you are not in the middle of action either. I have heard lots of positive comments on these seats.

I understand there are premium seats front row of the upper level also, so you don't miss any of the "high" stuff, but you are not in the middle of action either. I have heard lots of positive comments on these seats.

they looked great - the only weird thing is that they sit along the railing, so from a dinner/talking to each other perspective it seemed weird as you're sitting in a row and not at a table. Unless my perception from downstairs was weird but it definitely looked like it was all along the railing.

they looked great - the only weird thing is that they sit along the railing, so from a dinner/talking to each other perspective it seemed weird as you're sitting in a row and not at a table. Unless my perception from downstairs was weird but it definitely looked like it was all along the railing.

I wondered about this as I could not see a table in the pics I had seen. So your plate is on a ledge in front of you? I hope there is something there to keep your drink from going over onto the diners below.

I sat in the standard seats last week and was amazed at how great my view was. We were seated along the back wall, right where all of the performers would exit the "stage" and leave to get backstage. Every single one would look directly at us and do something funny. It was great! We probably missed a minute or so of the first act because they went up so high, but other than that, we had a perfect view. I originally booked the standard seats because I didn't want to pay the extra money and then regretted it after I read the reviews here. I called up NCL, but at that point the premium option was sold out. I even went right to the box office when we got on board, but I didn't have luck at that point either. It turns out that I had nothing to worry about.

Hopefully that helps a little bit!

I sat in the standard seats last week and was amazed at how great my view was. We were seated along the back wall, right where all of the performers would exit the "stage" and leave to get backstage. Every single one would look directly at us and do something funny. It was great! We probably missed a minute or so of the first act because they went up so high, but other than that, we had a perfect view. I originally booked the standard seats because I didn't want to pay the extra money and then regretted it after I read the reviews here. I called up NCL, but at that point the premium option was sold out. I even went right to the box office when we got on board, but I didn't have luck at that point either. It turns out that I had nothing to worry about.

Hopefully that helps a little bit!

awesome - glad to hear this! I really loved the show - I was worried I wouldn't. That girl in the martini glass was unbelievable!!

I am debating going on Breakaway - I think I might have to convince the hubs since it's not the same as Epic's.

I didn't have premium seats. I thought they were ok. But what was more entertaining is that we were seated where most of the acrobats come out. When one of them was heading back, he was "pretending" to trip and drop his tray, which caused him TO trip and lose his tray on our table. Drinks went everywhere. My brother was soaked and and so was the table. He was more than appolgetic and after every "act" he walked by and appolgized again! One of the last parts when they carry the "fake" desert on the tray, he stopped and showed us and said "my cake for my sorry!" We laughed the entire night! PLUS, where we we sitting, in a booth all the way back accross the entrance, both my brother and my hubby were "picked" to go up!! So, be on the look out!!

I wondered about this as I could not see a table in the pics I had seen. So your plate is on a ledge in front of you? I hope there is something there to keep your drink from going over onto the diners below.

On the Epic the upstairs seating was indeed one continuous row of seats circling the stage and looking downward to the stage. There is a glass "wall" in front of you that comes up in front of your plates, glasses, silver, etc. so that you can't lose things over the edge down on to those below you. The glass wasn't so high that it bothered me looking through it to see the action, but at times, I suppose I probably was some. But it was glass. I had no problems seeing most of the action on the lower level. However, if the action was directly below me (underneath me) I could not see it. However, in this area, if someone were doing something, someone else was typically in a visible area doing something else. So there was always something to watch. And anything that was "up in the air" was right in front of you.

I know it's just a short matter of time until people start teling me to pish-off with all the picture posting :o , but it truly is easier for me to explain things (to answer questions) by showing, more than telling . . . sorry.

Do you think it's worth it to pay more for premium seats?

For me, personally, that answer is a definite Yes. But for my first sailing on EPIC, the answer would have been No . . . despite sitting in almost the exact same seats on each of the three EPIC sailings.

On that first experience, the upper level seats along the plexi-glass were considered (and booked/priced) as Standard seating. Word later got out that these were actually preferred, so they suddenly became re-labeled as Premium.

There tends to be zero chance of the upper level guests being 'volunteered' to become part of the show, so that can be a positive for those who like to be in the Safe Zone. I happen to really like the view offered from those upper level seats. It has already been mentioned that chit-chat is more difficult between those in your dining party, since you are all side-by-side, rather than potentially across from each other.

Here are a few pics of the empty theatre to better offer some seating perspective . . .

Cirque Dreams entrance doors leading to ground level seating and main stage.

Cirque%20Entrance-L.jpg

This (below) shows the ground floor seating with the upper level visible as well . . .

Cirque%20Ground%20%26%20Upper-L.jpg

Below is part of the ground-level Premium table seating that surrounds the center stage area, and the Standard seating booths can also be seen around the perimeter . . .

Cirque%20Ground%20Floor%204-L.jpg

This (below) is the ground-level seating as viewed from the upper level. You can see the closeness to the center stage area . . .

Cirque%20Ground%20Floor%202-L.jpg

And this picture below shows the Upper Level Premium seating that wraps around the plexi-glass . . .

Cirque%20Upper%20Level%202-L.jpg

I'm feeling like the premium upper seating would be better than a premium main floor table. if you were at the back of one of those tables of 8, all you would see would be heads? Seems like that would not be good for photography. Can you request a certain area?

Hello. This may be a silly question but I really don't know. Is this show offered without dinner? I'm going on Breakaway and so many dinners options that I would prefer to eat elsewhere but I want to see the show too.

I'm feeling like the premium upper seating would be better than a premium main floor table. if you were at the back of one of those tables of 8, all you would see would be heads? Seems like that would not be good for photography. Can you request a certain area?

If my memory serves me correctly, you are not allowed to take photos during the performance.

Hello. This may be a silly question but I really don't know. Is this show offered without dinner? I'm going on Breakaway and so many dinners options that I would prefer to eat elsewhere but I want to see the show too.

To my knowledge it is not priced without the meal. But, if you are willing to pay, you can just ignore the food, see the show and eat elsewhere before or after.

Do you think it's worth it to pay more for premium seats?

Do kids get half price on this and can we book in advance?

Thanks! :)

I am probably in the minority but we had regular seating and thought it was just fine. Didn't feel like we missed out on anything. The booths were very comfy, better than a table.

No reduction in price for kids.

We will be sailing on the Breakaway, and are planning on going to the Cirque show.

Please tell me the current prices for either the Epic or Breakaway's two seatings? Are they $30 & $40?

Thanks!

The premium seating on the Breakaway is $39.99, I booked it yesterday for the TA sailing.

There's a strict no photography/video policy. I saw a security officer go over to a woman who was taping her husband (he had been selected to participate). The officer was very nice about it, but said that due to copyright laws, she had to delete the video. He stood there until it was deleted from her memory card.

Archived