Fish fry questions

Cruisegirl6

• 1 month later...
Can you walk to these places from the ship?

Yes It's about a 20 minute walk. You can also take the #10 jitney for $1.25 a person.

We usually take the bus there and then walk back stopping off at Junkanoo beach for a drink.

Can you walk to these places from the ship?

It is more than 1.5 mile walk and the bus #10 is a good option as Frank12 says. As you also have close by the Fort Charlotte and the Ardastra Gardens you may contemplate extending your tour of the area. A stop at the Junkanoo Beach on the way back is a MUST.

For full information on Nassau for cruise ship passengers there is a new website with all a cruise traveler needs to know. Unfortunately, it only covers Nassau and St. Thomas.

http://www.iqcruising.com/ports/caribbean/bahamas/nassau/index.html

Happy sailings!!!

My husband and I were there in 2012 (I know it's a long time ago), but we had the BEST TIME!!

The day we arrived, there were 4 ships in port. We got off the boat and walked to our right and kept walking until we reached it. Besides a couple of locals, there was no one there! Not sure the names of the places we ate at though. But all the food was delicious, it was so much fun talking to the locals. I found a wonderful drink called Sky Juice which we bought from one of the vendors on the adjacent beach. You could get it either leaded or unleaded, of course we got our leaded!!:rolleyes: We also got food from one of the lunch wagons on the beach.

After a couple of hours, drinking and eating, we walked back. We stopped at a bar on the beach for a drink, then hung out at Senor Frogs while we waited to board the ship.

Fish Fry is a great place. Last time I was there was in September but to be honest cannot recall what was the best place. I remember that the two first restaurants, as you walk from the Cruise Terminal, are very nice but cannot recall the names. Will try to find some photos I took at the time ...

I am refraining from posting links of websites as I don't want to get in trouble but if you google iqcruising nassau fish fry you will find a review of Arawak Cay (or Fish Fry).

• 7 months later...
Has anyone been to the beach across from Fish Fry? I think it is called Long Walk Beach?

It's Long Wharf or Junkanoo Beach and it runs from the Fish Fry all the way to downtown. Search for Junkanoo and you'll find tons of information.

ry%3D480

It's Long Wharf or Junkanoo Beach and it runs from the Fish Fry all the way to downtown. Search for Junkanoo and you'll find tons of information.

Thank you! I was wondering if everyone just considered it Junkanoo. It looks like it has a break in it between Junaknoo and there on Google earth so I wasn't sure.

Thank you! I was wondering if everyone just considered it Junkanoo. It looks like it has a break in it between Junaknoo and there on Google earth so I wasn't sure.

Our Segway tour guide told us it was all called Long Wharf. The section near the Fish Fry has a lot less activity.

• 3 weeks later...

We loved the Fish Fry, I think we went to Goldie's. They had free wifi and a free rum punch, and the food was great. I plan on going there anytime the ship docks in Nassau. You can easily walk to Junkanoo beach and eat at the fish fry for lunch, then walk back to the ship and do some shopping before you board at the many outdoor vendors.

Is there plenty of choice of fish other than conch and similar. I don't 'do' seafood, only fish (bad experience :eek:)

Yes, they have fish. We had an EXCELLENT fish sandwich at Twin Brothers. Here is their menu: http://www.twinbrothersbahamas.com/menu.aspx The other restaurants will have similar items.