All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maddycat
I remember seeing a post on these forums once with all the debarkation colors and times for the Explorer.

Does anyone know where it is?

Scheduled arrival is 8:00.

The last 2 times that we were on the Explorer everyone was given the same color luggage tag for debarkation.........different numbers but only one color. When you are on the ship and you are not satisfied with your debarkation time you can go to guest services and ask for an earlier time.

I remember seeing a post on these forums once with all the debarkation colors and times for the Explorer.

Does anyone know where it is?

Scheduled arrival is 8:00.

We just returned from the EX and all debarkation luggage tags are green and the numbers went from #1 to #54.

Each number has it's own designated departure time and place to wait until that number is called.

On our cruise Self-Assist, No Tags went from 8:15 to 9:30.

Normal departure then started at approximately 9:30 by number.

Edited by cruisenfever

...Normal departure then started at approximately 9:30 by number.

Seems late. On our 5-day Bermuda last year, the first luggage tags were going about 8:30 or 8:45am. Which itinerary were you on Patti?

Found this from 3 years ago.

Even though the latest departure is scheduled for 11:30 I suspect that in practice things wind up sooner than that.

Our hotel doesn't have a shuttle available for us until 12:30. How long do you think we'll end up needing to wait if we delay debarkation as long as possible?

Seems late. On our 5-day Bermuda last year, the first luggage tags were going about 8:30 or 8:45am. Which itinerary were you on Patti?

We did the 9/11 9 day Canada/New England cruise. I still had the debarkation form in my carry-on so that's where I got the times.

We met in the CL and Denzil took us down at 9:15 and we had #1 Tags.

Edited by cruisenfever

FYI - just off Ex last week. Green tags -- #5 (Diamond priority) got called around 9:15. Had our luggage and waiting for van in the tent by 9:50. The time does seem a bit later than normal. Two reasons -- maybe -- 5 day trip so higher number than normal walk offs or could it have sometime to do with the construction of the new terminal??

We just finished a cruise to Bermuda on Explorer. After the BOGO promotion and Military discount, we were able to book a Owner's Suite (cabin 1600) for the cruise for a very reasonable price... Very nice..... The largest we every had before was a Jr Suite and the Owner's Suite is about twice as large. I took a quick video of the cabin and put it on YouTube. If you want to see what the Owner's Suite looks like on the Explorer,

Thank you for the video-enjoyed it. Almost identical to the Owner's Suite we have stayed in on the Radiance class ships. Besides the table, what furniture is there on the balcony?

Thank you for the video-enjoyed it. Almost identical to the Owner's Suite we have stayed in on the Radiance class ships. Besides the table, what furniture is there on the balcony?

We were in 1600 on our cruise on Explorer last month. There are 2 chairs and a table on the balcony and no room for anything else. The balcony is smaller than a GS because of the bedroom extension.

The difference between the OS on Radiance class and Voyager class is that the closets are in the bedroom area o EX and where the closets are on Radiance class there is a nice bar area with useable counter space on EX. That's where the tea kettle and coffee pot were kept.

Edited by cruisenfever

We did the 9/11 9 day Canada/New England cruise. I still had the debarkation form in my carry-on so that's where I got the times.

We met in the CL and Denzil took us down at 9:15 and we had #1 Tags.

Thanks Patti. I guess EX gets back later than the Florida based ships. I just looked at our itinerary and our scheduled arrival time was 8am.

I have a few questions... we are doing a 9 day southern Caribbean in November. I've asked a couple of times for compasses but no luck, not sure if it's because it's an unusual itinerary (can't find any reviews on it) but wondering when formal nights are (I think night 2 and 8 based on other 9 night cruises?), also are there any themed parties that would be fun to take along clothes for? Second cruise for me first for (who will be by then) DH - we are fun loving outgoing busy, active people in early fifties - any specific activities we shouldn't miss?

I have a few questions... we are doing a 9 day southern Caribbean in November. I've asked a couple of times for compasses but no luck, not sure if it's because it's an unusual itinerary (can't find any reviews on it) but wondering when formal nights are (I think night 2 and 8 based on other 9 night cruises?), also are there any themed parties that would be fun to take along clothes for? Second cruise for me first for (who will be by then) DH - we are fun loving outgoing busy, active people in early fifties - any specific activities we shouldn't miss?

It's not only an unusual itinerary, it's never been done by Explorer from Port Canaveral. That's why there are no compasses or experiences to share.

You may just have to read the compasses each day and plan on the fly.

Edited by clarea

Saturday, November 15, 2014 Depart from Port Canaveral, Florida

Sunday, November 16, 2014 Cruising

Monday, November 17, 2014 Cruising

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 Oranjestad, Aruba

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 Kralendijk, Bonaire

Thursday, November 20, 2014 Willemstad, Curacao

Friday, November 21, 2014 Cruising

Saturday, November 22, 2014 Labadee, Haiti

Sunday, November 23, 2014 Cruising

Monday, November 24, 2014 Arrive at Port Canaveral, Florida

1st formal night will be Sunday, November 16. More experienced cruisers will have a better idea but my guess for the 2nd would be Friday, November 21.

Check your roll call, it would be a good place to ask these questions.

Saturday, November 15, 2014 Depart from Port Canaveral, Florida

Sunday, November 16, 2014 Cruising

Monday, November 17, 2014 Cruising

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 Oranjestad, Aruba

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 Kralendijk, Bonaire

Thursday, November 20, 2014 Willemstad, Curacao

Friday, November 21, 2014 Cruising

Saturday, November 22, 2014 Labadee, Haiti

Sunday, November 23, 2014 Cruising

Monday, November 24, 2014 Arrive at Port Canaveral, Florida

1st formal night will be Sunday, November 16. More experienced cruisers will have a better idea but my guess for the 2nd would be Friday, November 21.

Check your roll call, it would be a good place to ask these questions.

I did, no one responded...

• 2 months later...
Anyone know the showtimes? trying to plan out my dinner times.

Thanks

I just got off yesterday. This past cruise most of the shows were 7:15 and 9:15, adult shows at 10:15. You should be good with a 5:00 dinner to make the early show or 7:00 dinner for the late shows.

The Quantum's Windjammer does not compare to the Explorer's Windjammer. One whole bay is devoted to curry food, the same food is repeated everyday and night. No ice cream, no crepes, no flambe, no sushi, no baked potatoes, no theme nights, on and on.. lots of walking to get the food from each bay.. for lunch time, they had no beef franks. I expected the Windjammer to be like the Explorer, no way.. My hubby only likes eating food he sees. extremely disappointed. By the way there are no upright chairs at the outdoor pool, so i had to stand, the lounge chairs were to low for me to get up from. booking tours were done standing up at a tablet, with limited description, I was not happy, so i did not book any. On a good note my Jr suite was lovely, the ship is beautiful. Since we were the first ship into PR they rolled out the red carpet and the press was there.

Some sad news from my cruise this past week. Erky will be leaving Royal Caribbean for good at the end of February as he persues his dream of becoming a pilot. And Leigh will be departing for the Independence in March.

And our favorite photographer is leaving (not his choice) to go to the Majesty. Everyone

seems to be bailing the ship! :eek:

The Quantum's Windjammer does not compare to the Explorer's Windjammer. One whole bay is devoted to curry food, the same food is repeated everyday and night. No ice cream, no crepes, no flambe, no sushi, no baked potatoes, no theme nights, on and on.. lots of walking to get the food from each bay.. for lunch time, they had no beef franks. I expected the Windjammer to be like the Explorer, no way.. My hubby only likes eating food he sees. extremely disappointed. By the way there are no upright chairs at the outdoor pool, so i had to stand, the lounge chairs were to low for me to get up from. booking tours were done standing up at a tablet, with limited description, I was not happy, so i did not book any. On a good note my Jr suite was lovely, the ship is beautiful. Since we were the first ship into PR they rolled out the red carpet and the press was there.

I couldn't agree more! The Windjammer on Quantum was nowhere near as good as the Windjammer on Explorer!!!! And Café Promenade on Quantum didn't compare to the Café Promenade on Explorer either. I really, really love Quantum, however I really miss my Explorer lol!

***Christie***

I couldn't agree more! The Windjammer on Quantum was nowhere near as good as the Windjammer on Explorer!!!! And Café Promenade on Quantum didn't compare to the Café Promenade on Explorer either. I really, really love Quantum, however I really miss my Explorer lol!

***Christie***

here here, I miss our ship too, she's been with us up in NJ for so long, it's hard to imagine her being anywhere else! I haven't been on Quantum, and honestly don't plan on it while she's up here, same with Anthem too when she comes, but I know, if there was any doubt of RCI's food, it was lost and forgotten about when I went on Explorer this past July. I have never tasted food so good, and the best, it was all you can eat! My group and I were all more then satisfied with both the Windjammer and MDR, we wanted to try the breakfast in the MDR at least once during our cruise, but didn't get to because we enjoyed the Windjammer so much. I wouldn't hesitate to try the Liberty though when she comes to Cape Liberty in May!

here here, I miss our ship too, she's been with us up in NJ for so long, it's hard to imagine her being anywhere else! I haven't been on Quantum, and honestly don't plan on it while she's up here, same with Anthem too when she comes, but I know, if there was any doubt of RCI's food, it was lost and forgotten about when I went on Explorer this past July. I have never tasted food so good, and the best, it was all you can eat! My group and I were all more then satisfied with both the Windjammer and MDR, we wanted to try the breakfast in the MDR at least once during our cruise, but didn't get to because we enjoyed the Windjammer so much. I wouldn't hesitate to try the Liberty though when she comes to Cape Liberty in May!

Liberty is AWESOME....my 2nd favorite ship after Explorer! Been on Liberty twice, and am trying everything in my power to get back on her when she's up here in NJ for the few months next year! It's just like Explorer, with a few extra bonuses! :D