FOS Diamond Lounge Coffee Machine Broke

oursbrun

On Freedom now 9/8 and for you Diamond and Diamond Plus members an fyi, the specialty coffee machine is broken. Has been for week or two. They need to replace a major part for $3000 and as the machine is so old it is hard to find.

So if you are sailing in the next several weeks this perk (pun intended) will not be available.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

On Freedom now 9/8 and for you Diamond and Diamond Plus members an fyi, the specialty coffee machine is broken. Has been for week or two. They need to replace a major part for $3000 and as the machine is so old it is hard to find.

So if you are sailing in the next several weeks this perk (pun intended) will not be available.

Well unfortunately it is mostly an inconvenience for Diamond members as Diamond+ and Pinnacle members can use the one in the Concierge Lounge. :);)

But it is a nice "perk" (I'll play along) and hopefully they will be able to repair - or replace - it sooner than later.

Yup - have had a similar problem from time to time - the machine seems to be broken often.

As one who uses the coffee perk more than the alcohol perk - it was an inconvenience and budget buster to purchase specialty coffee.

I asked and was not offered any alternative. The most recent time was about two years ago. Maybe they've made changes. If it happens again - I'll ask for some alternative again.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Hopefully the one in the CL is working, we'll be onboard for Halloween. I'll need my espresso.

I thought everyone here tipped the Diamond Concierges because they do all these special things that make the trip so wonderful, but when the coffee machine in the lounge breaks they can't even get a substitute from a different area of the ship for guests?

Top Flight.

Bummer - on her next week....:(

They're probably waiting for the refurb and will just replace it then.

I hope they get it fixed prior to the refurb.

Hey - here is a thought- can one use the cocktail hour voucher to get a cappuccino or latte at a bar?

M

bummer! I am not much of a alcohol drinker, so I too was looking forward to that perk in the D lounge and I sail 9/14. I hope there is a substitute set up by Sunday!

We are on 9/14 sailing also and not yet Plus, but have really made use of the Diamond coffee machine on our last several cruises. We will miss those espressos. :eek: I don't know how to break the sad news to DH. He'll just have to double up on the evening drinks instead.;) We'll be aboard again in November so hopefully they get it fixed before that cruise.

Spoke with "Bertie" the concierge and he said that sometimes they would make arrangements with the small Starbucks coffee in Cafe Promenade but with 501 Diamond and Diamond Plus on board it would be too many .

So I would ask if you are on the Sept 14 sailing or later if this is a possibility

Spoke with "Bertie" the concierge and he said that sometimes they would make arrangements with the small Starbucks coffee in Cafe Promenade but with 501 Diamond and Diamond Plus on board it would be too many .

So I would ask if you are on the Sept 14 sailing or later if this is a possibility

Thanks for the suggestion. We will try it.

We were on FOS on the 8/24 sailing and both coffee machines were broken the entire cruise. Very disappointed--one of our favorite perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Did you mean that the Suite Concierge Lounge coffee machine was also broken?

Yes, both the Concierge lounge and Diamond lounge machines were broken.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on the Freedom for the 8/24 sailing and the coffee machine in the Concierge Lounge worked for us. It was NOT BROKEN. We used it a couple of times each day.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off of Freedom today. Diamond lounge coffee machine was turned off completely all week, but the machine in the concierge lounge was partially working. It seemed to get worse every day and by the end of the week, none of the decaf buttons worked. No one seemed to know if or when the machines will be fixed or replaced. If you are looking forward to a daily capuchino on Freedom .... good luck.