So Cheers is back to a flat $49.50 per day?

Rh2458

I don't care about the 15 drink max. I would never reach it. I wanted to get the package just to have everything paid for. And I would be more inclined to try new drinks. I wanted to try it next year was because I know I wouldn't reach the limit and it was cheaper. Would have made alot of sense for someone like me. Not everyone is chasing the drink limit.

I don't think she understands. She is new and has only done a couple of 4 day booze cruises....therefore we are all lushes....lol

I'm very disappointed.

There are three of us cruising in 2 weeks.

I've finally convinced the others to purchase the package, as we are all in the same cabin.

Having already spent over $3,500 on this cruise with excursions, etc. we fully intended on spending the extra $1,000, but we can't now.

With less than 2 weeks until cruising there is no way to budget the extra money.

I feel Carnival should have given notice weeks ago if they planned on increasing today.

I don't care about the 15 drink max. I would never reach it. I wanted to get the package just to have everything paid for. And I would be more inclined to try new drinks. I wanted to try it next year was because I know I wouldn't reach the limit and it was cheaper. Would have made alot of sense for someone like me. Not everyone is chasing the drink limit.

Yeah, I get that...not chasing the drink limit but you have to consider for Carnival for those that do chase that limit it can't be a money maker for them at all. Seems like there really are a lot of people that are the limit chaser though.

Of course they have themselves covered...but is it good customer service? I would think this was a big corporate decision discussed by many, so why not a heads up to their customers?

Unfortunately there are those who abuse everything in this world and eventually ruin things for everyone. Sad but true. As far as the drink programs go, I just always considered the break even points....never got close to the maximum doses :eek:

As far as the sliding scale goes, I just think that those on the longer cruises drink fewer drinks consistently over the length of the cruise as those making the most of a 3-4 day vacation. Not so in every case but over all and with time spent in ports. That probably entered into their rationale as well when they came up with their plan...and maybe an unsuccessful premise.

My biggest complaint is the lack of notification to Carnival cruisers so they could plan accordingly.

I'm very disappointed.

There are three of us cruising in 2 weeks.

I've finally convinced the others to purchase the package, as we are all in the same cabin.

Having already spent over $3,500 on this cruise with excursions, etc. we fully intended on spending the extra $1,000, but we can't now.

With less than 2 weeks until cruising there is no way to budget the extra money.

I feel Carnival should have given notice weeks ago if they planned on increasing today.

I feel your pain. With the new price...this meant you only HAD to have 4 drinks to break even. The rest was gravy.

I honestly couldn't even drink $49.50 worth of alcohol in a day and I certainly couldn't hit the 15 drinks per day limit.

On a sea day I'd drink maybe 5-6 drinks at most.

Gotta have my Mojito during the comedy show and two glasses of Moscato at dinner for sure.

When the prices were reduced, Carnival said the prices would change whenever and that you would know the price when you boarded the ship. I really never believed they would raise the prices in two months with no notice, but then again, I guess there was notice given in August when the prices were lowered.

We don't drink much, but had planned to buy it for our next two cruises. We thought it was nice to know exactly what the cost would be and we could try some new drinks. It just doesn't seem worth it to me as one of the cruises is an 8 day.

was really looking forward to trying cheers at a more reasonable price :(

guess I go back to smuggling

Exactly. Now they're playing games with us.

I will continue to smuggle. Never had a problem yet, and can bring 2 bottles on board for the cheaper price. And save $650 to boot. That's three cruises at these absurd rates of $199 per person.

To Carnival, it's cheaper to cruise than to drink at their monopoly prices.

Can you give me a few more examples of "EVERYTHING" that has changed. Also, I don't blame Carnival for trying the program and then evaluating the effectiveness towards their bottom line. I don't want my overall cruise rate to increase in place of an alcohol package that I would never consider purchasing (non-drinker). I'd rather Carnival pass along rate increases towards specific issues that might affect their bottom line instead of passing along the costs to EVERYONE.

Rh2458, I think you should just move along with your rational thinking there! lol...

Seriously though, I agree. Cost should not go up for all just because the people that get cheers get more than their moneys worth. Don't get me wrong... I would purchase cheers, (and if I did, I would be sure to get the max amount of drinks available to me), but I don't since it is something everyone in the cabin would have to get that is of legal drinking age. I don't travel with people that drink much, so I just limit the amount I have on my trip. No big deal. Even at the standard price, it is still a bargain.

I honestly couldn't even drink $49.50 worth of alcohol in a day and I certainly couldn't hit the 15 drinks per day limit.

On a sea day I'd drink maybe 5-6 drinks at most.

Gotta have my Mojito during the comedy show and two glasses of Moscato at dinner for sure.

???? If you have 4 or 5 drinks a day....you would have broken even. No one says you HAVE to drink 15.

I feel like so many people are trying to justify the price increase.

However, 99% of those people weren't intending on purchasing the package while cruising in the next 1-2 weeks.

A vacation is hard enough to budget, let alone in 2 weeks.

A heads up would have been nice.

The end.

Well, Carnival just went from getting $600 to $0 from me for alcohol on my next cruise. Going out of San Juan, so I will make sure I take full advantage of the liquor store in the pier. ;)

???? If you have 4 or 5 drinks a day....you would have broken even. No one says you HAVE to drink 15.

I don't think I'd be breaking even at all.

I usually get...

$7.50 drink on the Lido

$7.50 for drink during our evening show

$16 for two glasses of Moscato

$8.75 for a Mojito during the comedy show

That's only $39.75.

I don't think I'd be breaking even at all.

I usually get...

$7.50 drink on the Lido

$7.50 for drink during our evening show

$16 for two glasses of Moscato

$8.75 for a Mojito during the comedy show

That's only $39.75.

EXACTLY......you would have broken EVEN....anything on top of that, would have been GRAVY.

EXACTLY......you would have broken EVEN....anything on top of that, would have been GRAVY.

What I was saying is that I wouldn't drink more than that. It just wouldn't make sense to purchase the Cheers program for $49.50pp each day if I'm planning on buying less than $40 drinks per day. I'm a lightweight and cannot drink more than that each day. So no, I'd be losing money by spending $49.50 on cheers.

I have seen different answers to this. Is bottled water included in this program?

It is not included in the Cheers! program but you do receive a 25% discount.

But then you have to keep it up EVERY DAY after that. That's where they get you. The demand falls off after the first couple of days.

I am so disappointed. I really wanted to get this on our next cruise. Last time we did BV and it just wasn't fun to mix drinks in our cabin and take them with us. I wanted the freedom to order whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it and not have to worry about the cost of it. Now there's no way. I can just only hope the price goes back down before our cruise. I realize Carnival can do whatever they want, but it still sucks. We were so looking forward to the Cheers package this cruise...

What I was saying is that I wouldn't drink more than that. It just wouldn't make sense to purchase the Cheers program for $49.50pp each day if I'm planning on buying less than $40 drinks per day. I'm a lightweight and cannot drink more than that each day. So no, I'd be losing money by spending $49.50 on cheers.

Oh my goodness...I am talking about when it was $37 (up until today)...and PS, I do not consider 4 or 5 cocktails (for a woman) to be a "lightweight)