So Cheers is back to a flat $49.50 per day?

Rh2458

Most smart businesses turn a blind eye to minor violations of the rules. As he said, the marginal cost is low, particularly when weighed against the larger cost of no repeat business. The additional cost of sneaking an adult into a buffet is high. Letting someone tell you their 6 year old is really 5 so they don't have to pay is low.

Also, everyone keeps talking about smuggling or people paying at the bar. Don't forget, some simply won't drink, or just one or two. In the past three cruises, I doubt I have even spent $50 on drinks on the ship. But I was strongly considering the Cheers package at the lower pricing for an 8 day cruise. Now, I simply won't spend that much. We might have a drink or two and we'll enjoy the ports, but Carnival won't get my money.

The real value in Cheers for Carnival was getting money out of people they might not otherwise spend. If they could get enough "marginal" drinks to step up to Cheers without getting stung too much by the heavy drinkers, it was a win for the company. Apparently they felt that was not the case, or someone just joined their marketing program who has no idea of the real world.

Most businesses have a lot of competition to compete against and can't afford to lose even a single customer. Even in my small town there are over 100 restaurants to pick from. A passenger can't decide in the middle of a cruise to hop on an RCCL or NCL ship instead. And even before the cruise starts, not that many major cruise lines in the US to pick from to begin with. 6, maybe 7 major lines. So we're not even comparing apples to apples here.

Yes, there are many people in this world that throw there integrity right out the window to save a buck. Tell people there kids are younger or older to get a certain price, call themselves seniors when they are not to save money, and yes, smuggle alcohol onto ships or share alcohol packages. ALL of those instances are wrong in just about any book (except maybe the Anarchy book). So each person must decide how little they value their integrity before committing such acts.

Why is it that the more posts people have made, the meaner they become??:(

Maybe because they are tired of hearing other posters say over and over how the rules weren't made for them and realizing there is no consequences for said crappy actions.

Just give me a taser on a ship for a day (thank you jimbo for that outstanding idea) and I'm sure I would cheer up quite a bit. :)

Edited by Out to sea!

Why is it that the more posts people have made, the meaner they become??:(

Well Mama , it was a response to the snarky line

" Maybe you should become a Bar Detective also and start following people around the ship?"

I am sorry if it upset you, especially if you are easily upset.

In all honesty I don't really have a problem with "stealing" a drink from Carnival.

It's the lame justifications for doing so that are annoying.

Whenever I wonder why Carnivals drink package has so many restrictions, I read a thread

like this and wonder no more.

Maybe because they are tired of hearing other posters say over and over how the rules weren't made for them and realizing there is no consequences for said crappy actions.

Just give me a taser on a ship for a day (thank you jimbo for that outstanding idea) and I'm sure I would cheer up quite a bit. :)

Hilarious! I think you should change your name to "The Enforcer" LOL!!!!

Most businesses have a lot of competition to compete against and can't afford to lose even a single customer. Even in my small town there are over 100 restaurants to pick from. A passenger can't decide in the middle of a cruise to hop on an RCCL or NCL ship instead. And even before the cruise starts, not that many major cruise lines in the US to pick from to begin with. 6, maybe 7 major lines. So we're not even comparing apples to apples here.

Yes, there are many people in this world that throw there integrity right out the window to save a buck. Tell people there kids are younger or older to get a certain price, call themselves seniors when they are not to save money, and yes, smuggle alcohol onto ships or share alcohol packages. ALL of those instances are wrong in just about any book (except maybe the Anarchy book). So each person must decide how little they value their integrity before committing such acts.

I'm not addressing whether you should commit such acts. I am simply stating that generally it is in a businesses best interest to ignore small violations of the rules. Yes, you should be honest, but not everyone is and thus a business has to be ready to handle those situations.

And don't kid yourself, Carnival has tons of competition for the dollars of cruisers. It just doesn't always come in the form of another cruise line. If there really was such little competition, there wouldn't be a need for constant sales. There are only so many vacation dollars to go around, and some people won't even consider a cruise period. Disney, Universal Studios, Gatlinburg, Branson, Myrtle Beach, and numerous other spots are just as big a competitor for family vacation dollars.

The problem for Carnival and cruise lines in general, is they pretty much get one shot. If your first cruise is horrible, then you are unlikely to return. Combine that with foreign crew who often fear for their jobs, and you aren't going to see much policing when it comes to minor rule violations.

Hilarious! I think you should change your name to "The Enforcer" LOL!!!!

I can see it now. Clint Eastwood leaning on the bar and someone walks up and orders a drink hands it to his wife and starts to order another and Clint (or Out to sea;) or me) says: "go ahead, make my day" "I can't remember if I recharged my taser or not, so you have to ask yourself, do you feel lucky, well do you punk?" Or maybe I need to cut down on the anti-depressants. :confused:;)

Edited by jimbo5544

I can see it now. Clint Eastwood leaning on the bar and someone walks up and orders a drink hands it to his wife and starts to order another and Clint (or Out to sea;) or me) says: "go ahead, make my day" "I can't remember if I recharged my taser or not, so you have to ask yourself, do you feel lucky, well do you punk?" Or maybe I need to cut down on the anti-depressants. :confused:;)

God, I'm peeing my pants over here!!! Bravo Jimbo!!! :D

:mad:I am hoping the prices will go down again during our cruise in March. For 14 day cruise it would have cost that lowest fee ($37 something) and now it's going to be about $57 after grats.... For me and DH that adds up to abour $1465. From Canada right now with the bad dollar... that is probably almost $1700 Canadian.:eek: - in Alcohol. We always buy wine packages from Candy on Top or whatever that store is called that is delivered to dinner every night. They store what we don't drink and a 4 bottle wine package along with the 2 bottles we are permitted to bring on board was sufficient for us for a 7 - 8 day cruise. During the day a frozen drink or bucket of beer and our costs weren't that high. This time - when I saw the lower price, I got so excited, discussed it with DH and we decided to sign up for Cheers. We could then try 'glasses' of wine with dinner, try all kinds of varieties, try a lot of other cocktails we normally wouldn't try... and still not cost a whole lot more than the wine package and a few other random drinks a day. RATS... I don't think I can convince him to spend $1700 on alcohol.... Looks like we'll have to keep closer tabs on our drink tab. Wish we could buy it for 1/2 of the 14 days.. I'd probably be inclinded to do that... as I have a feeling by the end of the 7 - 8 days ... we'll both not feel as much up to drinking as the first few days.... :(

💜 it - would volunteer to be your sidekick! 😉

Sent from my iPad using Forums