So Cheers is back to a flat $49.50 per day?

Rh2458

Please excuse me if this was already posted -- have to admit I did not read all 200+ posts.......:o

But, perhaps this increase is the "seasonality" mentioned in the policy, since it is now approaching peak season?

Just wondering

It has nothing to do with seasonality. This was a price fluctuation where Carnival announced new pricing where the price was tied to the number of days (the more days in a cruise the lower pricing per day for cheers). Shortly there after (only a couple of weeks, I think) they announced that the pricing had changed and was now uniform at one price per day regardless as to the length of the cruise. Most of the discussion here is in regards to those changes. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That runs counter to everything I've seen when searching for cruises. Summer prices are always higher. February 2015 6 night Breeze itinerary - interiors start @ $349. The same itinerary in July - interiors start @ $709. Now I'm very confused!:p

Agree

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

How much is the tax, does it depend on what port youre leaving from?

I dont mind paying the 49.50, just wondering what will be on top of that.

There is no tax. There is however a 15% tip added on top. The only time that taxes come into play is on embarkation day before the ship hits international waters and while docked in any US port. In this case the tax is on a per drink basis

There is no tax. There is however a 15% tip added on top. The only time that taxes come into play is on embarkation day before the ship hits international waters and while docked in any US port. In this case the tax is on a per drink basis

Thanks!! So $399 per person with grats added, still a pretty good deal:)

$49.50 per day plus grats = $3.80 per drink if you get all 15.

This is a no win situation Carnival has to watch the bottom line and we as consumers want the most out of our hard earned vacation dollars. Undoubtedly Carnival saw a HUGE drop off in their liquor sales to raise the prices back after a few months. I hate it because we were going to try it next cruise I am not a big drinker but at the lower price it was worth trying.

Even at the original price, I could justify it. We are going on a six day so the price was till the $42.?? But now at what is essentially $14 per day more, it's too much. If we both didn't have to get it, we'd do it in a heartbeat, but DH is not much of a drinker so we were mainly getting it for me. Between us, no way will we drink more than $100 a day. I am bummed. It sounded fun to try whatever I wanted.

Do you still get free soda that doesn't count against your 15 drink limit? Do you still get a discount on a bottle of wine and it's not included in your drink limit? Because if those are still viable, it'd work for us.

Unless you're a heavy drinker at home, it's difficult to drink 105 drinks over the course of a week. Of course it all depends on what you are drinking. Remember, if you only have 10 per day the average goes up to 5.70 per drink.

I just have a ?? And don't judge but I read on CCL website that after the 15 drinks are done for that day you will not be served anymore alcohol even if you purchase it? I can hold my liquor and I'm worried about days at sea? Does anyone know anything?

Edited by mortswan

I just have a ?? And don't judge but I read on CCL website that after the 15 drinks are done for that day you will not be served anymore alcohol even if you purchase it? I can hold my liquor and I'm worried about days at sea? Does anyone know anything?
It's been reported on the boards that on some ships, patrons have been able to purchase drinks that do not count against the program up to the time they reach drink #14 as part of Cheers. Once they hit #15 on Cheers, there was a hard cut off.

Just booked on Oasis of the seas for feb 2015. Royal Caribbean let me pay in advance online. Why does Carnival make everyone wait till they are on the ship to buy cheers. It would be nice to purchase cheers before we board.

Edited by jdixon0631

Do you still get free soda that doesn't count against your 15 drink limit? Do you still get a discount on a bottle of wine and it's not included in your drink limit? Because if those are still viable, it'd work for us.

yes, and yes :)

It's been reported on the boards that on some ships, patrons have been able to purchase drinks that do not count against the program up to the time they reach drink #14 as part of Cheers. Once they hit #15 on Cheers, there was a hard cut off.

what SNJCruisers said is correct. ymmv.

Just booked on Oasis of the seas for feb 2015. Royal Caribbean let me pay in advance online. Why does Carnival make everyone wait till they are on the ship to buy cheers. It would be nice to purchase cheers before we board.

apparently, so that they can change the price whenever they want :rolleyes:

Edited by falkcor

Probably so they can make last minute price changes to Cheers.

How much is the tax, does it depend on what port youre leaving from?

I dont mind paying the 49.50, just wondering what will be on top of that.

I believe its around $57.44 per person, per day. It worked out to be around $920-$932 total. We paid less per person and will only spend a couple hundred $$$$ then pay the $700 we were going to pay.... Let alone $240 more for us. So it went from $37.50 ($43.50 with tax and gratuity) to $49.50 ($57.50 with tax and gratuity) a day.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

That runs counter to everything I've seen when searching for cruises. Summer prices are always higher. February 2015 6 night Breeze itinerary - interiors start @ $349. The same itinerary in July - interiors start @ $709. Now I'm very confused!:p

I'm in the NOLA area and cruise from there regularly. Cruising out of New Orleans is a lot higher during the summer.

Cruising everywhere is a lot higher in summer. You have it correct cruizinisthebest.

If you can drink all 15 then yes, it's a pretty good deal. But most of us can't (or don't want to) drink all 15, each and every day.

great info...love it, I can clearly see that I will buy the cheers programme on our next cruise.

Sage needs to correct some of this chart. Drinks priced above ten dollars are only discounted 25%. You do not pay the difference, you only get the discount. A drink that is listed at 10.25 will cost you $7.69+ gratuity.

Edited by n6uqqq

Sage needs to correct some of this chart. Drinks priced above ten dollars are only discounted 25%. You do not pay the difference, you only get the discount. A drink that is listed at 10.25 will cost you $7.69.

no, because as it is listed it is drink price + gratuity. gratuity is 15%.

for ease of computation, a gratuity of 15% on a 10.00 drink would be 1.50, so total price would be 11.50.

drinks listed at 10.29, 10.35, 10.92 would all be within that.

i don't know why the 12.75 is on there, but that was never included...

but it's not my spreadsheet, ask him/her :)